Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Yeah prolly called in the ring for by far the most part but they where the "agents" assigned to the match anyways.
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century View Post
TNA has the best in ring performers in the world right now, IMO.
You know Remi will crucify you for saying that, right?
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Living Legend

I've stopped expecting much of TNA PPVs, but it sounds like this one delivered. Really want to check out the Angle-Wolfe match and the main event three-way.
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Both where great Bigpapa I had 2 non wrestling fans in my room while watching it and even they where amazed and excited.

On related news Angle apparently hurt his back early in the match. So its incredible he delivered that kind of a performance under those circumstances.

In unrelated but also good news: No more Jethro Holliday! Man was that a useless signing or what? And could the news that Cade (, the talented one imho,) signed with the E be a coincidence?

Also TNA has some surveys up including where to bring their house shows which is smart marketing imho and who you tune in for to watch Impact and your fav Turning Point matches in case you saw it.
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedew View Post
You know Remi will crucify you for saying that, right?
why would he he clarified with IMO and a smiley so its clearly an opinion. I would never make such a statement as I don't know and haven't seen all the current rosters in the world but that is just semantics. This guy is using hyperbole to express his pleasure while keeping polite by stating it as opinion and not fact or bashing competition so I am fine with it.
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde Hill View Post
why would he he clarified with IMO and a smiley so its clearly an opinion. I would never make such a statement as I don't know and haven't seen all the current rosters in the world but that is just semantics. This guy is using hyperbole to express his pleasure while keeping polite by stating it as opinion and not fact or bashing competition so I am fine with it.
Nah, I totally understand it. I read it with the preface of 'of the two largest North American promotions...'. As evinced by a previous thread, Wrestling Century hasn't really seen much outside of the big two (correct me if I'm wrong) so I can't castigate anyone for judging based on what they've actually seen.

Well, I can (and I probably have), but that would make me wrong and an idiot (I have those moments....several times every week ).

It's like someone saying 'Man, that new Lexus LS is the smoothest, most luxurious car in the world right now'. If they've never driven or ridden in a Maybach or Bentley or Rolls, you can't criticize them because they don't know those cars are gaudier and ridiculously luxurious for luxury's sake (I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! ).
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
Nah, I totally understand it. I read it with the preface of 'of the two largest North American promotions...'. As evinced by a previous thread, Wrestling Century hasn't really seen much outside of the big two (correct me if I'm wrong) so I can't castigate anyone for judging based on what they've actually seen.

Well, I can (and I probably have), but that would make me wrong and an idiot (I have those moments....several times every week ).

It's like someone saying 'Man, that new Lexus LS is the smoothest, most luxurious car in the world right now'. If they've never driven or ridden in a Maybach or Bentley or Rolls, you can't criticize them because they don't know those cars are gaudier and ridiculously luxurious for luxury's sake (I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! ).
Yeah, I haven't really seen wrestling outside the big two. Although I have seen a bit of Chikara! Anyways, I mostly just like TNA better because it is almost just like WCW.
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
(I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! ).
You clearly have never climbed into a car with leather seats on a winter morning on the Canadian prairies.
Unread 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Rookie

SPOLIER

MAIN EVENT for next months PPV

At the iMPACT! tapings tonight, the following match was announced:

* 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe
~ Fall Number One: Pinfall
~ Fall Number Two: Submission
~ Fall Number Three: Steel Cage
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Eisen, you're forgiven for not knowing much about TNA so I'll just correct you.
Thank you, Remi! haha.

While they intrigue me (or the idea of what they could be)... I know very, very, little about their company. ha.
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Super Star

Quote:
(I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! ).
Well, that's my dream job gone then
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Hall of Fame

I might check out this PPV. Even though the idea of Joe vs Daniels vs Styles for the title deeply offends me as a storyteller, it'll probably thrill me as a fan of wrestling matches. I've been YouTubing a lot of Wolfie's segments, still waiting to be sold on the guy, but have been pretty unimpressed thus far. Maybe this'll turn it around.

P.S. I would have killed to have seat warmers in my car this morning. Literally. If the devil had showed up offering them to me in exchange for ganking the postman, I would have shown up to work covered in blood, with an extremely warm arse.
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:34 PM

I have to say that Angle vs Wolfe was a fantastic straight up wrestling match, it's also the first time I've seen McGuiness wrestle and he's pretty good I have to say I was impressed - being English myself I love the guy lol - calling the crowd wankers = golden! lol.

But that main event triple threat match was absolutely ubelievable! That shooting star type move where AJ skinned the top rope was insane. I've really been getting into TNA these last couple of years, been watching it almost religiously for the past 8 months due to the consistency of what I consider great wrestling matches. WWE to me is boring, I haven't watched WWE properly for a long time, only snippets - Edge, CM Punk and Orton are their best talents right now....Taker vs Michaels was previously the best match I'd seen this year - but that triple threat was really good! Definitely a great advert for TNA.

Let's hope the quality of this PPV is a big indication of the direction they are going in. I thought it was interesting how the crowd in the iMPACT zone made it clear to Dixie in the main event that this is what they want (quality wrestling matches without overbooking) and to screw Hogan (if it's wcw 2.0) and I think the superlatives and crowd reaction speaks volumes and I'm sure Dixie Carter is listening intently, so with any luck she's found the firm direction to go in. The crowd made it pretty clear.
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Low Minors

Completely random...but this is the TNA thread...

I just want to say how much I really don't like LACEY VON ERICH! She is pretty sure but she is a HORRIBLE wrestler! I want Angelina Love to come back and kick Lacey's a$$ out of The Beautiful People and out of TNA!
Unread 11-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratusfaction View Post
Completely random...but this is the TNA thread...

I just want to say how much I really don't like LACEY VON ERICH! She is pretty sure but she is a HORRIBLE wrestler! I want Angelina Love to come back and kick Lacey's a$$ out of The Beautiful People and out of TNA!
Well yeah, but she fits the theme of that group. The Beautiful People has always been a group of women known more for their looks than their in-ring ability. They're TNA's version of the Divas. I thought that was obvious.

Lacey fits them perfectly. Though Madison Rayne can wrestle decently, she's not anywhere near the league of a Kong or Tara or Melissa or Sarah Stock or Ayako Hamada or even Shantelle. But she's the capable one in the group and the other two are serviceable at best. All Lacey has to do is be tall and vaguely menacing (in a 'Mean Girls' kinda way).