Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by steesh07 View Post
I've just recently watched Hacksaw Ridge and was definitely one of the best films I've seen in recent memory. Not really a fan of Andrew Garfield, always feels contrived and not really a believable actor. But the story (I didn't actually know it was a true story) was truly epic and definitely going to be worth another watch soon. I preferred it to Dunkirk too which I wasn't expecting.

Anyone else seen Hacksaw Ridge?
I watched it last month actually! Great film. Funnily enough, they actually played the drama down in the film because they felt the true story would be impossible to believe. Check out the Wikipedia page for the film as well as Desmond's page, the true story of his bravery during that battle is crazy.
Unread 03-30-2018, 08:40 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by steesh07 View Post
I've just recently watched Hacksaw Ridge and was definitely one of the best films I've seen in recent memory. Not really a fan of Andrew Garfield, always feels contrived and not really a believable actor. But the story (I didn't actually know it was a true story) was truly epic and definitely going to be worth another watch soon. I preferred it to Dunkirk too which I wasn't expecting.

Anyone else seen Hacksaw Ridge?
Overrated. Same as Dunkirk.
Unread 03-31-2018, 05:52 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive View Post
Overrated. Same as Dunkirk.
To each their own.
Unread 04-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Rookie

Dunkirk was technically impressive but it was too cold for my liking. Hacksaw Ridge on the other hand had me close to tears in the climax and I'm very rarely emotional. Bonus credit to Mel Gibson for what he was able to produce on much smaller budget.

Finally watched Last Jedi today. I avoided spoilers going in but knew that the critics loved it and a lot of fans were negative, so I was bemused because I thought it was a great Star Wars movie. Perhaps a bit long compared to TFA and RO but that's a minor quibble. I haven't really delved into the criticism yet but most of the posts I've read don't hold much water because they basically just say the movie was crap and offer vague explanations why. So far the comments section of this article on AV Club is the most balanced and intelligent discussion I've found:

https://www.avclub.com/part-kurosawa...ldl-1821291545

Last edited by milamber : 04-01-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Unread 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Minor League

Watched Isle Of Dogs yesterday and I have to say that if you get the chance then you should really go see it. Truly believe it's Wes Anderson's best movie and is really fun and charming
Unread 05-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Super Star

Infinity War was just epic, lived up to the years of build up and hype.
Unread 05-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykieran2 View Post
Watched Isle Of Dogs yesterday and I have to say that if you get the chance then you should really go see it. Truly believe it's Wes Anderson's best movie and is really fun and charming
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but randomly stumbled on the soundtrack and noticed they used some music from some of Kurosawa's movies.
Unread 05-29-2018, 02:32 AM
Rookie

I'm not sure if I think Deadpool 2 is better than the inaugrual Deadpool. But both times I had helluva fun time.

Have you guys seen it?