Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 10-12-2019, 03:34 AM
Banned

Default No Reply

Hello, I sent an e-mail to Scott Vibert as requested in the forum 16 hours ago, my pc crashed and I you seem to have stolen my license, and on my new machine, it is telling me that there are no licenses, error -11. It must be trapped on the crashed machine, I took the hard drive out of it, but still no license..

Nobody has bothered replying to me, I was hoping i wouldn't have had to post in here and that you would reply, but no..

Please can somebody bother replying?? You have had the money in 2016, now give me back my license.

the e-mail was sent from the address this account was signed up with.

Thanks.
Unread 10-12-2019, 04:21 AM
GDS Developer

Hi,

Scott is unlikely to have seen your mail yet if you only sent it 16 hours ago - he's not a full-time employee and while he does a great job of answering nearly all mails within 24 hours, it's not something we can guarantee, especially if you sent it on a Friday night. If you wait a little longer, you should get a response shortly. It would be highly unusual not to hear back within 48 hours.

If you haven't got a response within 48 hours then you should e-mail me as something has gone wrong, and I will look into it.
Unread 10-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Hi,

Scott is unlikely to have seen your mail yet if you only sent it 16 hours ago - he's not a full-time employee and while he does a great job of answering nearly all mails within 24 hours, it's not something we can guarantee, especially if you sent it on a Friday night. If you wait a little longer, you should get a response shortly. It would be highly unusual not to hear back within 48 hours.

If you haven't got a response within 48 hours then you should e-mail me as something has gone wrong, and I will look into it.
Yeh something has gone wrong, my PC crashed, and now my game won't work on another machine, and nobody is bothering to reply to me?? I have provided order number, everything, and still nothing.. Yeh I paid you in 2016, but you can't just steal my license three years later can you, my license is for life, or if I give you an address, can I be sent a CD ROM, I can install it on whatever machine I want then, can't I..

Thanks..
Unread 10-12-2019, 06:20 AM
GDS Developer

As I said, you won't have had a response yet because Scott is very unlikely to have read your mail yet given that you only sent it a few hours ago on a Friday night, not because anybody is deliberately ignoring you.

Your license is for life, you simply need it to be reset as it can only be active on one machine at a time and you currently have it locked on your old machine. Scott will be able to do that for you when he reads your mail. We're not stealing anything from you, we just need a little longer than 16 hours to deal with your request. Again, we do not have full-time support staff and cannot give you instant responses, so a little patience is sometimes needed.
Unread 10-12-2019, 06:25 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

Hey, just jumping in to help you understand the process a little in the hopes it smooths this process over a little.

The e-license process puts the license onto one computer and it stays there until unlicensed. If the computer is lost/stolen/destroyed/launched into the moon/whatever then the license is still locked there until it's reset. The license is basically in limbo for now. The only person on GDS who can do this is Scott Vibert. He's not a full time employee so it takes a little time for him to get back to people but he will get back to you within 48 hours if you've followed the process, which it seems you have done perfectly.

The e-license process may not be as user friendly as steam, but it's far more secure and gives GDS control of sales that Steam wouldn't. As a small company, and having weighed up the potential alternatives in the past, GDS has been using this as a way to make enough money that they are able to keep making the games we all love.

I know it can be frustrating to have to go through an extra step, especially for a game you so obviously love, but bear with Scott and he'll get back to you. It sounds like you've given him all the info he needs, so it should be easy when he checks in.

If you have any questions, give me a shout and I'll see if I can answer them for you.
Unread 10-12-2019, 07:01 AM
Grey Dog Software

This has been addressed. As Adam and Derek have noted, this is not my full time job, so while I try to run a sweep every day or at a minimum every other day, there are sometimes where things may linger a little. Also for the context of support users, I'm located in the East Coast of the US, so there may be sometimes where it feels like it's been forever, but it's a case where I was unavailable that evening and then the overnight hours (for example this post was made at 4:30 in the morning my time, the email was sent between 1-2 in the afternoon while I was at my full-time job, and my sweep of the email inbox (on-going) was started around 7:30 in the morning my time).

One thing that can help alleviate frustration is to pay note to the steps to unlicense your game as pinned to the top of the forum. When you have a planned computer change, or plan to reformat your existing machine, running through those steps first may save you the wait for me to get through my emails. In addition, I would recommend including as many details as possible about your issue. I understand the desire to keep things brief, but in some circumstances I get: My license isn't working, I'm getting an error, and an order ID. The problem is there are a number of possible solutions and the license system may or may not be the root cause of the problem, so the more details you can provide, the more likely we are to find a solution that will work for you (and the quicker we'll be able to get to it).

Thanks for your support!