Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Star

Default ISL: Greatness Begins

So, this is the start of the ISL.

Even though draft has not been completed, i thought to start this atleast with the weight classes which are full.

Ok, now we will run regional one-night tournaments with all the winners joining for a Grand Prix.

So, for example if i am using lightweight, the season will look like this:
1. Japan Lightweight Tourney
2. Asia Lightweight Tourney
3. USA Lightweight Tourney
4. N.America Lightweight Tourney
5. S.America Lightweight Tourney
6. Europe Lightweight Tourney
7. British Lightweight Tourney
8. Rest of World Lightweight Tourney
9. Lightweight Grand Prix

All the regional tourneys will be 8 man with 5 of the chosen members of different teams joined by 3 of the unaffiliated members who will be selected by me from the draft itself. The Rest of World participants will be entirely chosen by me. All the 8 winners will take part in the Grand Prix.

Points Calculation
Tourney Semis - 0.5 points, Tourney Finals - 1 point, Tourney Winner - 2 points
Grand Prix Semis - 3 points, Grand Prix Finals - 4 points, Grand Prix Winner - 6 points
Every FOTN, SOTN, KOTN award will earn a bonus 0.5 points for the team

The losers will face off each other in a series of Fight to Survive matches until there is only one loser left who will be handed the pink slip. If he happens to be a member of any team, there will be a deduction of 1 point from that team and they will have to name a replacement before the next season.

There will be prediction league and the winner of every prediction war contest would get to book a tournament of their choice.

So, with that let's begin!!!

Last edited by kanegan : 04-21-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 04-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Star

Season 1

Lightweight Division

King of USA - Bud Brockett (Camp Martel)
King of Asia - Atep (Camp Martel)
King of Japan - Ren Akai (Camp MMAManiac)
King of N.America - Benny Danare (Camp Martel)
King of Europe - Fiyero Lermontov (Camp MMAManiac)

Featherweight Division

King of Asia - Li-Kong Ho(Camp Judoku)
King of Japan - Tomohiro Takeuchi(Camp MMAManiac)
King of N.America - Foggy Lee(Camp MMAManiac)
King of USA - David James Diggle
King of Britain - Jason Dalglish (Camp Judoku)

Last edited by kanegan : Yesterday at 06:28 AM.
Unread 04-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Star

Show 10 Standings

Overall Standings
After 10 shows

Last edited by kanegan : Yesterday at 06:37 AM.
Unread 04-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Super Star

ISL 1: Lightweight King of USA

Our journey starts when the lightweights of US of A take center stage in the first ever ISL event.

Quarter Final 1: Moss Gilbert (Camp Soldierboy) vs Luke Hilton

This features a battle of wrestlers. Both have a strong wrestling background, but Luke has an advantage and that is his massive punching power. Can Moss overcome “The Hillbilly Hammer”??

Quarter Final 2: Bud Brockett (Camp Martel) vs Truck Gleeson

Bud Brockett is a star collegiate wrestler and a relentless takedown machine and Gleeson is one of the biggest lightweight competitors with a dangerous striking game, but his awful ground game may make him vulnerable to Brockett

Quarter Final 3: Brandon Sugar (Camp Mrs. MMAManiac) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac)

Brandon Sugar is a Jiu-Jitsu black belt with a deadly triangle choke in his armor but he faces Bosco Curbeam who can overwhelm his opponents in close quarters. Even though he is only 5’6” he likes to slam his opponents and destroy them with punches.

Quarter Final 4: Carl Chenoweth (Camp Judoku) vs Beau Gorshin

Carl Chenoweth is a rarity, a student of Karate and he will hope to use his skills in that art to take down the “Madman from Michigan” Beau Gorshin who is a decent all rounder.

PREDICTION KEY
QF: Moss Gilbert (Camp Soldierboy) vs Luke Hilton
QF: Bud Brockett (Camp Martel) vs Truck Gleeson
QF: Brandon Sugar (Camp Mrs MMAManiac) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac)
QF: Carl Chenoweth (Camp Judoku) vs Beau Gorshin
SF: Gilbert/Hilton vs Brockett/Gleeson
SF: Sugar/Curbeam vs Chenoweth/Gorshin
Finals: ??

FOTN;??
SOTN:??
KOTN:??

Last edited by kanegan : 04-22-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Unread 04-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Minor League

PREDICTION KEY
Luke is gonna wrestle Gilbert down and will get he TKO on the ground

I picked Bud because I feel like he is the most underrated Lightweight around. Truck will be tough for him but I see Bud still winning

QF: Brandon Sugar (Camp teezus) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac)
Easy W, honestly

Gorshin is another underrated fella, mostly because he retired before the game began. Carl will not be eliminated but will stay at the lower rung for Season 1"

SF: Hilton vs Brockett
Going to Decision

SF: Sugar vs Gorshin
Sugar is a really great competitor. Though he ain't the best in the world he is the best Lightweight in the USA.

Finals: Sugar Vs Brockett
I just don't see Bud winning here. Gotta be honest

FOTN; Sugar Vs Gorshin
SOTN: Sugar (Against Gorshin)
KOTN: Luke Hilton (Against Gilbert
Unread 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Rookie

Little disappointed in this one just cause Brockett could have potentially won and I missed out on him because of a mistake of mine. Don't see much chance of curbeam pulling it out.

PREDICTION KEY
I don't think Gilbert is any good at all tbh so I see this being a easy one for Hilton
In my head I'm pretending Brockett is mine so gotta pull for him lol.
QF: Brandon Sugar (Camp teezus) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac) unfortunately betting against my own guy, Bosco could win he has power in his hands and pretty good wrestling but I dont see it. Sugar via submission

Brockett wrestling will be to over powering
Sugar will be to much for a young Chenoweth
Finals: ?? Brandon Sugar vs Bud Brockett
Sugar has a good chance of pulling out the submission but since Brocket is mine(in my head lol) I gotta support my boy

Edit*
FOTN SUGAR VS CHENOWETH
SOTN SUGAR VS CHENOWETH
KOTH LUKE HILTON over Moss Gilbert

Last edited by MMAManiac : 04-22-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Missed bolding chenoweth
Unread 04-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Edit: sorry posted on wrong thread
Unread 04-22-2018, 04:02 PM

Winner: Moss Gilbert

Winner: Truck Gleeson

QF: Brandon Sugar (Camp teezus) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac)
Winner: Brandon Sugar

Winner: Carl Chenoweth

Gilbert vs. Gleeson Winner: Gleeson

Sugar vs. Chenoweth Winner: Sugar

Finals: ??
Sugar vs. Gleeson
Winner: Sugar

FOTN; Sugar vs. Chenoweth
SOTN: Sugar vs Bosco
KOTN: Chenoweth vs. Gorshin
Unread 04-22-2018, 04:05 PM
Rookie

My predictions:
QF Moss Gilbert (canít not can I)
QF Bud Brockett
QF Brandon Sugar
QF Beau Gorshin
SF Moss Gilbert (Of Course)
SF Brandon Sugar
F Moss Gilbert (I trust my pick to go all the way)
Unread 04-22-2018, 08:57 PM
Super Star

The camp name of Teezus has been changed. You can also name your camp if you want.

So, now it's MMAManiac vs Mrs MMAManiac.
Let the battle of the sexes begin 😂😂😂
Unread 04-23-2018, 05:11 AM
Super Star

ISL 1.1: Lightweight King of USA

Quarter Final 1: Moss Gilbert (Camp Soldierboy) vs Luke Hilton

Round 1: Gilbert deliberately doesn't touch gloves to start. Hilton scores with three quick punches that set up a nice uppercut. Gilbert misses with a big right hand, allowing Hilton to counter with a left jab and a right hand. He can't connect with a jab, but then he catches Hilton with a right hook. We are now at the halfway point of the round. The two fighters stand and trade strikes, neither lands a significant blow in the exchange. Hilton shoots in, looking for a takedown and it is successful, but time expires on round 1.

Round 2: Hilton hits a left jab and hits a good right hand. A one-two from Gilbert fails to land. Seizing the opportunity, Hilton clinches and manages it and controls Gilbert up against the cage. He looks to take Gilbert down with a trip, but Gilbert blocks the takedown by grabbing the cage and earns a loud verbal warning from ref Kyle Crisp. They exchange short punches to the body for about a minute. Round two is ended as time runs out. Hilton took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

Round 3: Gilbert misses a big right hand, putting him off balance and allowing Hilton to attack with a nice right hook. He further look for strikes but Hilton hits two left hands on the counter. He is starting to slow down a touch, perhaps conserving a little energy. They stand and trade, but all the shots are either off target or are safely dealt with. Gilbert misses a big right hand, putting him off balance and allowing Hilton to attack with a left jab and a massive right hook to the jaw. Gilbert wobbles, then falls and he cannot respond to the ten count.

'The Hillbilly Hammer' Luke Hilton defeats 'The Cleveland Stormer' Moss Gilbert (TKO (Strikes) in 4:30 of round 3). The fight was rated as being Good.

Quarter Final 2: Bud Brockett (Camp Martel) vs Truck Gleeson
Round 1: It looked like we were about to see a shot from Brockett, but Gleeson was more aggressive and took the initiative. Setting it up with excellent timing, Brockett comes forward and shoots for the takedown and it is completed, Gleeson is on his back and pulls guard. In guard, Brockett begins working to pass to side control. He gains side control after getting his leg free from half guard. He then gets both hooks in and is now in a really dominant position and attempts a rear naked choke. It is fully applied, and Gleeson has no option but to tap out.

Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett defeats 'The Truck Man' Truck Gleeson (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 3:15 of round 1). The fight was rated as being Great.

Quarter Final 3: Brandon Sugar (Camp Mrs MMAManiac) vs Bosco Curbeam(Camp MMAManiac)

Round 1: Sugar stalks forward, pressuring Curbeam. He moves in behind five quick punches, three of them finding a home, and then he lands a right hand. Curbeam chooses to shoot in on Sugar. The takedown is completed, Sugar is on his back and pulls guard, but he grabs a guillotine off the takedown though and now Curbeam is the one in trouble. The guillotine is locked in, tight enough that Curbeam has to tap out.

Brandon 'Sugar Rush' Sugar defeats Bosco 'Bad Attitude' Curbeam (Submission (Guillotine) in 2:36 of round 1). The fight was rated as being Great.

Quarter Final 4: Carl Chenoweth (Camp Judoku) vs Beau Gorshin

Round 1: A jab lands from Chenoweth but doesn't hit the body kick follow-up while Gorshin fires off a counter jab. Chenoweth attacks with strikes and Gorshin throws a counter left but doesn't connect. He grabs Chenoweth and uses a nice inside leg trip and Chenoweth is forced to pull guard. Gorshin lies on top of Chenoweth, basically smothering him and time expires. Gorshin takes that round 10-9.

Round 2: Chenoweth lands a left jab and lands a low kick. He then comes forward, walking down Gorshin. Chenoweth slips past a right hook attempt and attacks with a head kick that just about landed, albeit without much power. Gorshin can't catch Chenoweth, whose great head movement allows him to slip away from a two-punch combination, but he fails to land any of the strikes in a combo that ended with an attempted head kick and that’s the end of round two. An extremely close round, could have gone either way, but personally I'll give it to Chenoweth 10-9.

Round 3: Gorshin misses a right hook and gets countered with a jab and a solid right hand. Taking a few gulps of breath, Chenoweth is giving the first hint that he is starting to tire a touch. He forces and exchange of strikes. He hits a left jab and then he lands a right hand to the body. Gorshin is left exposed after a missed right hook to the ribs and gets countered with a left jab and a low kick that doesn't connect and time runs out. That was definitely 10-9 in favor of Chenoweth. The scorecard is now 29-28 in favor of Chenoweth.

Round 4: Gorshin hits a jab but doesn't connect with a right hand. He has a definite limp from the damage he has taken to his legs. Chenoweth lets two punches sail past, his head movement proving far too good for Gorshin.
He misses a right hook and gets countered with a left jab and a kick to the lead leg. Gorshin hits Chenoweth with some short strikes to the side of the head while grappling and muscles him against the cage. They scramble which results in Chenoweth underneath Gorshin in north-south position. Gorshin tries to ensnare Chenoweth in an arm triangle but it is blocked from Chenoweth and time runs out. Gorshin takes that round 10-9. They are now level at 38-38.

Round 5: Chenoweth gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Gorshin uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment. With control of the clinch, Gorshin tries to complete a takedown and gets it, Chenoweth pulls guard. Time slips away as Gorshin successfully keeps Chenoweth stuck against the ground. He lies on top of Chenoweth, basically smothering him and the fight comes to an end as the time limit expires. All three judges give a score of 48-47.

'The Madman From Michigan' Beau Gorshin defeats 'The Karate Kid' Carl Chenoweth (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5). The fight was rated as being Decent.

Semi Final 1: Bud Brockett (Camp Martel) vs Luke Hilton

Round 1: The clock runs down as Hilton is being smothered against the ground by Brockett. Advancing his position, he passes to half guard. Brockett tries to move from side control to mount. He doesn't get the mount, but only because Hilton rolled over and gave up his back instead. Brockett successfully gets both hooks in and seems primed to finish. He attempts to get a rear naked choke fully applied and gets it and Hilton has no choice but to tap out.

Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett defeats 'The Hillbilly Hammer' Luke Hilton (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 4:46 of round 1). The fight was rated as being Good.

Semi Final 2: Brandon Sugar (Camp Mrs MMAManiac) vs Beau Gorshin

Round 1: A feint is bought entirely by Gorshin, leaving him wide open.Sugar connects with a nice jab and then he catches Gorshin with a right hook. Gorshin clinches up, looking shattered. He gets the takedown, Sugar pulls guard.He smothers Sugar with his body by pushing forward and down. An exchange of strikes sees both fighters fail to land anything significant. Sugar connects with a jab, but Gorshin avoids a big right and time expires. Incredibly close round, but Gorshin came out just ahead.

Round 2: A jab lands from Sugar but Gorshin avoids a big right. Sugar is taken down by a quick inside leg trip, he can do nothing but pull guard. Gorshin tries to control Sugar against the ground but finds it a struggle. Sugar smothers Gorshin with close control, stopping him from posturing up and round ends. Another very close round and Gorshin inches ahead with a 10-9.

Round 3: Sugar hits two left jabs and then lands a right hand. Gorshin tries to control Sugar against the ground but finds it a struggle. Sugar attempts a triangle choke on Gorshin from the bottom of the guard and it is deeply applied, Gorshin has to tap before he is put to sleep.

Brandon 'Sugar Rush' Sugar defeats 'The Madman From Michigan' Beau Gorshin (Submission (Triangle) in 4:00 of round 3). The fight was rated as being Decent.

Final: Brandon Sugar (Camp Mrs MMAManiac) vs Bud Brockett (Camp Martel)

Round 1: Brockett tries to lock Sugar in an armbar but Sugar blocks it. Brockett blocks an attempt to pull guard and attempts to kimura Sugar from side control but it is blocked again. With no progress being made, referee Harry A. Bierce stands them back up. The clock runs down as Sugar is being smothered against the ground by Brockett and the time is up. That round to Brockett, but only a 10-9.

Round 2: There's a very quick takedown attempt from Brockett. The takedown is completed, it was a single leg and Sugar is left on his back pulling guard. Time slips away as Brockett successfully keeps Sugar stuck against the ground.Time expires and we come to the end of round two. The fans are booing loudly after a dire round that featured little in the way of action. That round goes to Brockett, 10-9 on my card. Brockett has gone up 20-18.

Round 3: Sugar is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Brockett off of him.With no progress being made, referee Harry A. Bierce stands them back up. Brockett gets a single leg takedown. Sugar pulls guard off it. He is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Brockett off of him. The time runs out on round three. That round was pretty dire, and the fans are letting the fighters know it. That was definitely 10-9 in favour of Brockett. This is bad for Sugar, he's running out of rounds.

Round 4: A quick flurry of punches from Sugar sees one of three hit home and then catches Brockett with a low kick to the front leg. He lands a left hand and then hits Brockett with a body kick. The clock runs down as Sugar is being smothered against the ground by Brockett. Referee Harry A. Bierce decides that there is a lack of progress being made and stands them back up. Brockett shoots in hard and fast on Sugar. He gets a big takedown and he ends up in half guard and time runs out. Brockett takes the round again, 10-9 on the score card. Sugar really needs a finish in this final round or he will lose the fight.

Round 5: Sugar can't hit a set-up left jab, but then lands a low kick to the legs.There's a takedown attempt from Brockett, who set it up well. Sugar cannot stop the takedown and has to pull guard. Brockett lies on top of Sugar, basically smothering him. The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.

Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett defeats Brandon 'Sugar Rush' Sugar (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5). The fight was rated as being Poor. Bud 'The Rocket' Brockett wins the Lightweight King of USA!
Quote:
FOTN: Bud Brockett vs Truck Gleeson
SOTN: Brandon Sugar vs Beau Gorshin
KOTN: Luke Hilton vs Moss Gilbert
Unread 04-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Super Star

ISL 1.1: Lightweight King of USA Review

Camp Martel drew 1st blood in the season when the star collegiate wrestler Bud Brockett managed to grind out a decision victory over the crowd favorite Brandon Sugar in what many considers and upset. The match was very poor, especially considering how both had performed in the quarters and semis till then.

Mrs MMAManiac won the battle of the sexes when Brandon Sugar guillotined Curbeam.

With a bonus point from the FOTN, Martel's boys sits atop with 4 points while the late entrant Mrs. MMAManiac takes 2 points to become the only two teams to open their account.

Only MMAManiac managed to predict rightfully Brockett's win.

PREDICTION WAR 1
Martel 123 - 6/7 + 1/3 -> 7/10
MMAManiac - 6/7 +1/3 -> 7/10
Mrs. MMAManiac - 2/7 + 0/3 -> 3/10
Soldierboy - 4/7 + 0/3 -> 4/10
Unread 04-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Super Star

The second show preview will be up soon.

Any feedbacks about the show or the diary in general will be greatly appreciated.

Are the show write-ups good or do you need anything else??
Unread 04-23-2018, 09:55 AM
Minor League

The only thing I got wrong was my guy winning the tournament. God.... Nice write ups btw.