Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Super Star

Default Hitting Rock Bottom: The Genghis Rahn Story

What exactly is "Rock Bottom"?

Well, there isn't an easy answer for that. For everybody, it's different. It could be a number of things, being unemployed, not having enough money, committing crimes but for me, it was my addiction.

Look, I know what you expect me to say. "I can't live without wrestling" and yada, yada, yada but the truth is, wrestling isn't my addiction, it's painkillers.

Addiction isn't just having that one last drink or drag or pill over and over again without ever really quitting. It' s much more than that. It's when your brain makes you think you are doing something for a particular reason when in actuality, you're doing it for an entirely different reason that you never realised, that is an addiction. That you can convince yourself that everything you do is because you want to, not because it fills an unnecessary need. It's damning really, that your brain is as powerful as it is. People say that we as people have free will, but I don't believe that.

We all do the things we do for a reason and sometimes it's for a good reason and sometimes it's for a bad reason, but there's always a reason, always. We don't just get up in the morning and decide what we'll do out of the goodness of our hearts, we need to know we'll get something back. That's why I set up my own wrestling company.

I told myself a thousand times over I was doing it for the right reasons and I wasn't. I did so many things that I regret because of this one thing and I've never been able to forgive myself for it, and that's what I am writing right now. I told myself something that wasn't true and it affected so much around me and I couldn't see it.

So this is my story.... This is how I hit Rock Bottom.

Unread 05-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Living Legend

A really interesting premises, DAVE. I could totally see Rahn as the Cornellverse version of Sabu. Knowing that, such a story would be sadly realistic.

I'm interested to see where you go from here.
Unread 05-19-2018, 07:02 AM
Super Star

Okay, before I can tell you what rock bottom is, I gotta bring you back to the very beginning. When I decided that setting up a wrestling promotion was a good idea.

So, I lived in Arizona and I decided I'd meet up with a friend, in Pittsburgh...

That's quite a trek to make even if it was to see an old friend. We reminisced for awhile about TCW's hardcore division and the best match we ever had in the division, which was Boone and I battling it out for the TCW Hardcore title at Just Another Day 2005, Boone won that day. However, Boone knew I was here for more than just a friendly visit and I told him about what I wanted to do, create my own promotion.

"Well, I don't really know, you ain't exactly asking a man who knows much about that stuff"

"I don't expect you to, what I do want to know is how you keep going? I can barely walk but I've got this unbelievable urge to wrestle."
That statement was a lie, but I didn't know that at the time.

"I hurt too man, I just deal with it I guess. I don't think I'm as bad off as you but monthly shows are a lot easier to manage than weekly shows. That's something I know for sure"

"So, you're saying it's plausible? For me to get back in the ring I mean?"

"Yeah, I'd think so. Hell, you don't even need to work every show, if you don't want too"

I was looking for confirmation that this idea of mine was being done for the right reasons, of course, I didn't actually know what my reasoning was but I think you're always aware if only in your subconscious of what your intentions are, I guess I was trying to tell myself to stop without explicitly spelling it out for myself. Unluckily, Boone didn't stop me. Some would say that I should blame him, but I could never do that, he suffered enough because of me. Besides, it's not like I have anybody but myself to blame.

"Look, let me get onto Mitch for you, you guys can talk and maybe you could pick up a few tips."

"Thanks, Boone, I owe you one."

To this day, I still don't think I ever repayed that favour.
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Star

So Pittsburgh....

After I talked to Johnny, the meeting with Mitch came soon after, I wasn't hugely into asking Mitch for anything, just some tips. I had picked Tommy Cornell's brain in the past about this, so I guess this was more about finding whats appealing to a PSW sort of crowd then a TCW one.

I didn't stay long talking to Mitch. This wasn't exactly something useful for him, just doing a favour.

"So, anything else you want to discuss?"

"Yeah, one thing. A working agreement? Any chance you and I could help each other out?"

Long story short he rejected me, at least at that point. Having owned a company I guess I see where he was coming from at the time. Mitch is a business man before he's a friend but he's a real nice guy, eventually everybody has good things to say about him and I am no different. It took a while, the problem is, I've cause him a lot of pain since that first meeting, he probably regrets it to no end now, but looking back on it now, things could have been so much different, and a lot better for both Mitch and Boone if they had never met me.
Unread 05-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Company Info

Name: Ultimate Championship Wrestling
Size: Local
Owner: Genghis Rahn
Booker: Genghis Rahn
Company Assets: Arena (The Proving Grounds in Phoenix, Arizona)

Company Product

Key: Cult, Hardcore
Heavy: Modern
Medium: Traditional, Risque, Daredevil
Quote:
Roster

TBA
Quote:
Champions

UCW Ultimate Championship

Vacant

Reign Started: N/A