Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Living Legend

Default The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

In a little less than an hour AEW is holding a rally to promote their Double or Nothing event.

Figured it was worth starting a thread to discuss the new promotion.

Confirmed Roster:
Male superstars
Christopher Daniels
Cody Rhodes(also Executive Vice President and Producer)
Frankie Kazarian
Hangman Page
Matt Jackson(also EVP)
Nick Jackson(also EVP)
Scorpio Sky

Female Superstars
Brandi Rhodes(Cody's valet and Chief Brand Officer)
Britt Baker

Road Agent
BJ Whitmer

Neville/PAC is in Jacksonville today and it's predicted he's there for the rally
Unread 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Minor League

I have to admit I am really excited for the first time in years. If they indeed can also confirm Omega it would be beyond huge!
Unread 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Rookie

Also of note is that Shahid & Tony Khan own AEW. Cody and The Bucks have 0% stake in the company.

1st statements from the owners:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/aew-owner...ease-statement
Unread 01-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Super Star

I'm man enough to admit it - ever since WCW... went away... I have mourned its loss like a family member. The arrival of AEW kinda feels like a nice big piece of my soul is being given back to me, somehow. It's been ... a while.. since I was so looking forward to something, really happy about this.

That Rally today was all kinds of fun to watch too. Really enjoyed that. And there are new confirmed signings now as well.

Unread 01-08-2019, 07:07 PM

It'll live or die by a TV deal. The inability to get on TV is what made GFW dead on arrival, and we've all seen how much Impact have struggled to obtain and keep a TV deal over the last 7 or 8 years.

Of course the biggest ace they have to play is All In. The fact that they can turn to any network and demonstrate that with no TV, on reputation alone, these guys filled a 10k seat arena and put on the biggest non-WWE wrestling show in decades should impress and interest the suits.

The fact that their billionaire is already connected in media and sports should help out too.

This could really turn into something special.
Unread 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Rookie

Roster so far:

Cody Rhodes
Brandi Rhodes
The Young Bucks
Hangman Page
Chris Jericho (WWE already removed his .com profile LOL)
PAC
Joey Janela
Penelope Ford
MJF
Britt Baker
SCU (Daniels, Kazarian, Scorpio)
Strong Hearts stable from OWE/DDT (CIMA, T-Hawk, El Lindaman, Takehiro Yamamura, Gao Jingjia, Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz, Trey Miguel, Duan Yingnan)

Quote:
I asked Khan about contracts. Said the top employees in #AEW will be paid with full benefits (this includes Cody and the Bucks, etc.). Talent paid competitively based on their background, but would not delve into specifics of who gets benefits. Men and women paid at same rate.
https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1082779160337149954

More notes here:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/1...le-joey-janela
Unread 06-28-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdWarrior View Post
I'm man enough to admit it - ever since WCW... went away... I have mourned its loss like a family member. The arrival of AEW kinda feels like a nice big piece of my soul is being given back to me, somehow. It's been ... a while.. since I was so looking forward to something, really happy about this.

That Rally today was all kinds of fun to watch too. Really enjoyed that. And there are new confirmed signings now as well.

Yes, I totally agree with you the way they have made their roster the way AEW Double or Nothing went hit the way tickets for AEW Fight For The Fallen and AEW All Out were sold clearly shows that AEW is a potential threat to WWE.

Even their show on TNT is somewhat like WCW.

AEW ALL OUT broke the record of WRESTLE MANIA in terms of ticket selling duration.
Unread 06-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Living Legend

This librarian gimmick is pure garbage. So dumb
Unread 10-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Rookie

Cody = Tommy Cornell
Unread 10-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Living Legend

Cody vs Sammy was pretty dang good. Wasnít sold on Sammy before this but now Iím a fan
Unread 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Banned

AEW has a lot of sleepers, especially on the heel side. Just wish they gave Luchasaurus a better gimmick, dude has a great look and great size.

Riho isn’t it. AEWs women division is lagging so far behind WWE, but WWEs women division is the only thing they have ever done right, it’s absolutely stacked, and for my money if AEW can get even a few stragglers from the WWE they can draw money.
Unread 10-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Banned

Couple of extremely interesting social media trends.

1. NXT is an actual footnote, smarks somehow worked themselves into thinking it would be even close with AEW, it’s not. More alarmingly, AEWs social media trends are actually comparable with WWE RAW, which is ridiculous considering the huge headstart RAW had and the fact that Synamit is on its first show.

2. Cody is probably a huge draw.

3. Jericho similarly is a large draw, comparing to social media numbers we see from WWE main eventers like Lynch(and well above Rollins)

4. PAC/Hangman did numbers similar to random WWE midcarders, nothing surprisiing, a typical non needle mover match.

5. Rose/Riho was decidedly below average, this is concerning because WWE best non Fiend/Reigns SM draws are women, notably Becky Lynch. The gap here is huge.

Will be interesting
Unread 10-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Living Legend

We The People!
Unread 10-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
Couple of extremely interesting social media trends.

1. NXT is an actual footnote, smarks somehow worked themselves into thinking it would be even close with AEW, itís not. More alarmingly, AEWs social media trends are actually comparable with WWE RAW, which is ridiculous considering the huge headstart RAW had and the fact that Synamit is on its first show.

2. Cody is probably a huge draw.

3. Jericho similarly is a large draw, comparing to social media numbers we see from WWE main eventers like Lynch(and well above Rollins)

4. PAC/Hangman did numbers similar to random WWE midcarders, nothing surprisiing, a typical non needle mover match.

5. Rose/Riho was decidedly below average, this is concerning because WWE best non Fiend/Reigns SM draws are women, notably Becky Lynch. The gap here is huge.

Will be interesting
1. NXT has needed to tour for years now, Full Sail is holding them back, it's time for it to grow.

2. The media tours and social media have been hugely successful. The Dustin match put him over the top he's probably one of the top-5 draws in all of wrestling.

3. Jericho has been a big star for 20 years now. Nice to see him spread his wings again and not be put in a box by Vince.

4. Weird cheap shot of a midcard setup match.

5. Other than the one reversal botch, this was match of the night by far. Crowd was hugely invested, a couple of crazy bumps, Riho got the crowd to believe she could win, and then she did. 11/10 match. Reminded me of the Roode-Aries match from 2014? that TNA wasted...