Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike316 View Post
Ah, well I guess I need to read up on the new game more. Oh well, thanks though.
The feature called momentum in this game is Recent Fortunes from previous games with tweaks.
Unread 05-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Phenom

I just had a financial scandal and lost $7 million, those dang accountants! However, it says that a recent scandal is hurting the company's image and will last 4 months, what exactly does that do?
Unread 05-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Low Minors

I have a quick question regarding the auto booker which I'd like to use for my B show.
I've run two shows in this way so far on one occasion, I told it to use 16 workers, on the other, 20. But it only generated about 3 matches and didn't used anywhere near the amount of workers I wanted it too. (Mainly my mid-card - Enhancements talents). Can I change this in any way to make it use more workers? I am Cult sized and my B show is 1 hour long.
Unread 05-24-2016, 05:04 PM

On my NOTBPW save i have a second show on Channel 5 witch has a very small range in Britain, in 8 shows so far and have not had a pop raise in Britain once, how over do my wrestlers need to be in Britain and do timeslot and day of the week effect it.
Unread 05-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukok View Post
Did you maybe grow in size as a company? I swear my user character in RTG has ran into Charisma caps twice, and seems to have started improving when I moved up sizes. His performance skills have been capped for two years now too at high 70's. Not moving.
Grew like March of last year was stuck until September of the same year so 6 months between growing and skill gain so I don't think it's that.
Unread 05-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Minor League

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to take every picture from all three parts of the CV Rerender Project, rename them, and put them all in one pack for personal use. Obviously, some people have had name changes since 2010 to 2016, but the search feature usually allows me to find out easily. Unfortunately, there is one worker who I can't determine what happened to: Pablo Gutierrez. The rerender I have is one by JTLant from the first Rerender Project. I tried putting the name in the search feature, but no results. Maybe one of y'all could help me?
Unread 05-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Low Minors

Does anyone know how to pull off spectacle or epic matches? Any time I try they're way worse than regular. They always get dinged for not enough psychology even though one wrestler always is in the mid 80's at least. Or they get dinged for being done to a crowd already at an emotional high.

They just seem impossible to pull off.
Unread 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by claxton110381 View Post
Not sure if this is the correct thread, but maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to take every picture from all three parts of the CV Rerender Project, rename them, and put them all in one pack for personal use. Obviously, some people have had name changes since 2010 to 2016, but the search feature usually allows me to find out easily. Unfortunately, there is one worker who I can't determine what happened to: Pablo Gutierrez. The rerender I have is one by JTLant from the first Rerender Project. I tried putting the name in the search feature, but no results. Maybe one of y'all could help me?
Looks like he's part of the 1977 mod. His name pops up in this diary.
Unread 05-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceisle View Post
Looks like he's part of the 1977 mod. His name pops up in this diary.
Thank you!
Unread 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM
All Star

I highly recommend the 77 mod great C Verse mod
Unread 05-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukok View Post
Does anyone know how to pull off spectacle or epic matches? Any time I try they're way worse than regular. They always get dinged for not enough psychology even though one wrestler always is in the mid 80's at least. Or they get dinged for being done to a crowd already at an emotional high.

They just seem impossible to pull off.
I've had lots of successful spectacles involving people who both have psychology 75+, used as main events when they're going to be the best match on the card and I haven't used any specific match aim notes on the preceding match.
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Low Minors

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how should I actually book my "Next Big Thing"?

And on a related note, is it dangerous to overlook "Hot Prospects"?
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Phenom

I book NBT's slowly and carefully. Protect them well and have them work their way up the card at a realistic pace, developing any weak points before pushing them to the moon. Other people might go all out with them early on and depending on your roster, you might have to, but I like to keep their ego in check and actually become main event quality before they reach that level, not the other way around.

Hot Prospects are as much of a muchness for me. If you like the look of them, then go down the NBT route. But I've had plenty of duds too.
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjybates View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, but how should I actually book my "Next Big Thing"?

As far as I know, Next Big Things have a high overness cap, so those are the ones least likely to hit an early wall if you want to push them hard. Don't really have to do anything exceptional unless they are a true rookie you might not want to push them crazy hard because they will likely be a top guy in the future, so if you push them to the moon and give them a huge ego it can come back to haunt you eventually.

Hot prospects deal with in ring ability, so they'll pretty much keep getting better while they're young. Definitely people to keep long term (as long as they aren't cancerous)
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:48 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjybates View Post

This is from TEW 2013, so I'm not too sure how well it translates to TEW 2016 yet, really wish someone would test it out and see. But it tells you what NBT really means, as well as Hot Prospect, and it also tells you what each text block? whatever you want to call it, means. I do know that there is at least 1 new NBT text and HP as a result. But this should probably be able to help you as much as anything can.