Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-27-2019, 09:06 PM
Low Minors

Default [HYPE] CornellVerse 1931: A Lost Period In Time

The year is a time long forgotten, long lost, and unrecorded in the history books... a time frame of wrestling where only one promotion lived through history... one promotion which was inevitably forgotten as well..

The year is 1931. there are 5 notable 'Territories' within the Wrestling Industry. Other than that there are small events and carnivals that occur every now and then and feature some wrestling. There are around 200 officially recognized 'professional wrestlers' worldwide and only a few of them are in demand for the territories. The biggest 'territory', Japanese company Giant Pro Wrestling, leader of the "Giant Era" in Wrestling, is a relatively big territory that houses many National Icons in Japan. It is largely responsible for the rising popularity in wrestling both in Japan and worldwide.

The hope for this mod is that it will be playable throughout all the events of the C-Verse canon; The Giant Era, The Territory Days, and SWF's domination of the 70s-90s all the way up to 2025, the last canon year with yet-to-debut workers. Obviously a majority of the workers in 1931 will be custom made for the mod, but I will try to stick within the realms of realism and real-world/c-verse events, though WW2 does not happen in this mod, due to the complications of the prospect of inserting a war into TEW2016. The mod takes place during the rise of the great depression, so it will be an extra challenge just to stay afloat as a company.

The 5 Companies are TITAN Pro Wrestling in the US, Giant Pro Wrestling in Japan, European Wrestling Federation in Germany (Central Europe), Ultima Lucha in Mexico, and Canadian Wrestling League in Canada. More details on those will come later. The mod starts with small local radio stations and some small venues, as well as some future events and a fully customized game world to suit the idea of playing in the 1930s. As mentioned above, the idea is for the mod to be playable from the year 1931 all the way to 2025, when Tommy Cornell Jr. comes into the fray, complete with all the canon companies and workers. ALSO: Big thanks to DerekB & The Team behind the CV75 Data for their work on those projects, as this mod wouldn't be able to be finished nearly as quick without data from both of those for the yet-to-debut workers, companies and more.

RELEASE DATE: ESTIMATE: November 30th, 2019 - January 30th, 2020.

Mod Information, History & Stories
1- EWF & Europe Information
2- GPW & Japan Information
3- TPW & USA Information
4- CWL & Canada Information
5- UL & Mexico Information
6- Update On Mod Progress

Last edited by CreeperGav : 10-15-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 08-27-2019, 09:11 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperGav View Post
The year is 1931. there are 5 notable 'Territories' within the Wrestling Industry. Other than that there are small events and carnivals that occur every now and then and feature some wrestling. There are around 200 officially recognized 'professional wrestlers' worldwide and only a few of them are in demand for the territories. The biggest 'territory', Japanese company Giant Pro Wrestling, leader of the "Giant Era" in Wrestling, is a relatively big territory that houses many National Icons in Japan. It is largely responsible for the rising popularity in wrestling both in Japan and worldwide.

[center][b][i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]The hope for this mod is that it will be playable throughout all the events of the C-Verse canon; The Giant Era, The Territory Days, and SWF's domination of the 70s-90s all the way up to 2025, the last canon year with yet-to-debut workers. Obviously a majority of the workers in 1931 will be custom made for the mod, but I will try to stick within the realms of realism and real-world/c-verse events, though WW2 does not happen in this mod, due to the complications of the prospect of inserting a war into TEW2016.
So, in this timeline, how does America ever get out of the Great Depression, since WWII is what brought them out of it?

Lol. In seriousness, I'm looking forward to the mod.
Unread 08-28-2019, 04:06 AM
Major League

This is exactly what I've been waiting for!
Unread 08-28-2019, 05:05 AM
Low Minors

I'm surprised 1931 was chosen. What made you choose this over another time, maybe 20 years later for example?
Unread 08-28-2019, 06:06 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
I'm surprised 1931 was chosen. What made you choose this over another time, maybe 20 years later for example?
Over on the discord, a man by the name of Steven James (yeah, that guy who is making the RecklessVerse and the CV2020 Mod) once said that a 1931 CV mod is a year that would interest him, since canonically it is two years before Giant Pro Wrestling closes shop and the Japanese wrestling industry goes dark until roughly the 60s.

So then I was like, 'Screw it, I'll do that.' to give me something to do in my spare time, and here we are. A CornellVerse 1931 Mod. No particular reason it was chose other than on a whim
Unread 08-28-2019, 06:20 AM
Major League

We need Adam to confirm a canon start date for the C-verse...
Unread 08-28-2019, 06:32 AM
All Star

sounds like a mad fun idea! make for a great watcher game to see how things turn out
Unread 08-28-2019, 06:32 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, I hope everything goes well.
Unread 08-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Low Minors

Default EWF Information:

EUROPEAN WRESTLING FEDERATION

Founded in 1918 by German Businessman Marlowe Germann, the EWF is a company that is largely responsible for the rising popularity of wrestling (both pro and olympic) within the country of Germany, as well as others in the Central and Eastern European fronts. Combining the rough, on-the-ground technical action of Amatuer and Olympic wrestling with street fighting and bare-knuckled brawling, it is certainly a pioneer for the wrestling industry. The genius of Marlowe Germann and his creative partner in crime Wolfgang Fischer is what has allowed EWF to flourish, and continue to grow in recent years. However, with Germann's businesses declining and his companies losing money during the height of the Great Depression, who knows just how much longer this growth and prosperity may last..

The European Wrestling Federation (EWF) is the first of its kind within the borders of the European continent. The third official promotion to open up outside of Japan, the EWF were able to capitalize on the growing popularity of wresting worldwide and flourished. However, with a rising demand and a declining economy, the EWF may be in danger for the first time in years... Will you be able to stop that train of thought right in its tracks?

MARLOWE GERMANN

Marlowe Germann is a German businessman who was born in the year 1880. He was 38 when he opened up the EWF. However, prior to opening the EWF Germann was most known in his home country of Germany for a line of stores featuring hand-made German items, which led to the line being called 'German Made'. These stores would sell anything made by Germans, whether it be clothes, food or toys. They became quite popular during the early 1910s, but once the Great War started their income plummeted, and several of the stores closed. However, once EWF was founded Germann was able to recover quite a lot of his losses and open up some stores again, but once again he is suffering due to the global-wide Great Depression, which has once again made him close down multiple stores. However, he keeps his head held high, and perserveres on with a driven attitude that none can rival, and refuses to let failure consume him..

THE HEROES OF EWF

"The Genius" Wolfgang Fischer (Age: 36), "The Beast from Babichi" Conrad Maximov (Age: 35), Eld "The Future of Germany" Fraudenberg (Age: 22), Maximillian "The Hammer" Hammarstrom (Age: 25)

In an era before the internet, and even before radio talk shows and TV viewing, word of mouth was the only way to get knowledge passed around quickly. That's why these four men - Wolfgang Fischer, Conrad Maximov, Eld Fraudenberg and Maximillian Hammarstrom, are the four 'Heroes' of the EWF. Hailed as some of the best wrestlers from around the world, these four men consistently headline EWF events and showings, and are loved by fans all over Europe. They all use a style of wrestling quite unique to them, and each have an aura about them that makes fans naturally like or dislike them, making them hot commodity's for the EWF.

Last edited by CreeperGav : 09-01-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Unread 08-29-2019, 05:16 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperGav View Post

[i][b][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]In an era before the internet, and even before radio talk shows and TV viewing, word of mouth was the only way to get knowledge passed around quickly.
Meanwhile, a worker will appear on radio shows or an internet poll will occur everyday. Lol.

Do you plan on converting the mod to TEW 2020, since no mentions of technology before they were invented will be one of the improvements?
Unread 08-29-2019, 05:32 AM
Super Star

Would be funny if the pictures were also in black and white.
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:44 PM
Minor League

I personally prefer the default style pics. But man I really hope this gets released because it's an amazing idea. I would love to see how the game world evolves and how certain stars debut over the years. Would be insane to go from 1931 to 2019 and see where People like Remmy Skye, Gargantuan, Kc Glenn, Erik Strong, etc go.

If you ever need anyone to test it out, I would love to.
Unread 08-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Minor League

Hope Adam eventually endorses this. We can create the whole history of The Cornell Verse lol.
Unread 08-29-2019, 07:28 PM
All Star

Very interesting project. I'll be keeping tabs on this.
Unread 08-29-2019, 07:33 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWillyWilly View Post
Would be funny if the pictures were also in black and white.
Haha! Maybe I'll do a picture pack with the pictures from workers from the 10s to the 50s being in black and white, that'd definitely make things feel different lol!