Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Minor League

Default What do you expect to happen for the CornellVerse in TEW2020

I’m hoping OLLIE rises back up and actually competes with SOTBPW.
Unread 12-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Minor League

Prediction 1) At least one more women's company, perhaps a luchadora fed in Mexico.

Prediction 2) Canada and/ or Mexico get a home company that presents a challenge to NOTBPW or SOTBPW.

Prediction 3) One of the European companies ascends to Cult status.

Prediction 4) Jim Force surpasses Tommy Cornell as the most respected, beloved wrestler in the business.
Unread 12-08-2018, 01:50 PM

I'm thinking that a few more European/British companies will open up, as well as competition between OLLIE and SOTBPW over in Mexico. EMLL will rise to Cult status most likely. USPW will also probably buy out a company or create a company to be it's developmental territory, to help compete with SWF.

TCW may suffer a talent raid by SWF and USPW. USPW will lose a few or many stars due to retirements.

Don't know much about the Japanese parts of the game as I have yet to further delve into it.

Talents like Chess Maniac, Cal Sanders, Harry Allen, Ford Gumble, etc. may be picked up by TCW if a major talent raid happens, along with guys being brought in from companies like MAW, CZCW and NYCW.

GSW may get a few wins over IPW and rise to regional/cult status, in the meanwhile poaching some of IPW's top talent and bringing in fresh faces off the independent scene (both rookies and vets) like Ajax The Skull-Splitter or Calvin Dark, and Alistair Shufflebottom.

Over in Australia, the dominating force of RAW will rise to National levels, and APW, ZEN and DIW may have to team up in order to rival the Aussie giant.

Companies like RMW, CWWF, Kanzen and MHW will open. MHW will rival with EMLL over the best "extreme" promotion in Mexico. RMW could join the Confederation of The Territories, and CWWF could either rival AAA and QAW, or join up with one of them.

AAA will finally rise to cult level (hopefully), and CZCW could either A) be raided heavily by bigger promotions or B) rise to Regional/Cult status.

The Hillbillys, Jack Bruce, and more will probably retire by the end of 2020.

Those are my predictions.
Unread 12-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Rookie

Eddie Peak still at Upper Midcard in TCW
Unread 12-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Minor League

Oh, one more- 5SSW gets to Cult, buys out WINNOW to be it's developmental fed.
Unread 12-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Super Star

I fully expect TCW to be closed down having been bought out by SOTBW who has expanded into the US. (Not a real expectation, but a fun one)

MAW will be at regional as Sam Keith continues to show himself as a premier promoter.

RMW will debut (hopefully owned by Robert Oxford. A man can dream!)

A Mexican woman’s wrestling company — I have always created one called Amazonas de Lucha Libre anyway, so it would be nice to see another woman’s company out there. CWWF having started.

David Stone having debuted and be the bright young star of a resurgent NOTBW who has bought out CGC and is the top dog in Canada — though a new Canadian company is on the rise.

I expect a rise in European wrestling, hopefully more British and European women’s wrestlers.
Unread 12-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Minor League

A Thanos-esq halving of active promotions in Japan after the earthquake/tsunami. GCG and BCG survive, and squash things to demonstrate solidarity for the Japanese people during a time of crisis. The BCG owners pass down their company to their GCG protégés who part-time for both now-touring promotions.

A European promotion elevates Euro wrestling and challenges 21CW. SNP and its cockroaches continue to run shows in Scotland with Carnie doing carny things.

Promotions in China open up.

Vilbert and Naess have a falling out.

SWF and TCW join COTT, after USPW becomes modern day WWE. Rocky Golden goes to Hollywood and is on hiatus. Marat is making movies too, not coming back. Bruce is at USPW having a Hollywood Hogan heel run vs Champion. Eisen is running for president, the IRS is after his tax returns. Eric Eisen is owner and it’s becoming smarkier.

CZCW is the same albeit with another talent exodus. They replenish like usual. IPW is done, Nemesis and Vilbert make PWC and go to war with PSW. NYCW has a mass talent exodus due to young talent being overlooked. MAW is at regional. All the unsigned rookie talent from 2016 tend to sign with them. FCW is still FCW but PRP is on shaky knees these days.

NOTBPW is still boring. David Stone is fun to book at least. CGC is at the brink of bankruptcy. 4C is still chugging along. ACPW is out of business.

I think we see a lot of traditionally unemployed characters like Greenhorn and Minor Annoyance find employment. Buddy Garner is back, but only taking bookings in the US for his kids. USPW starts introducing fictional characters from thunderverse due to its popularity. Scientists discover that ZEN’s “mirror universe” actually exists.
Unread 12-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Rookie

I see a lot of talent that's been prominent for years finally retiring.

Maybe beloved promotions go under? Which gives way for some brand new promotions to freshen things up?

A slew of brand new faces for us to dive into. 2016 had a killer group of new faces and I'm excited to see where they go.
Unread 12-08-2018, 08:40 PM

SWF will have been hit by a series of events and maybe even dropped to cult. 3 theories that support this and they all involve Eric, since his bio in 2016 teases that he won't be sidelined by his father's preference of Jerry over him.

1st theory: Eric Eisen is TCW's CEO after a falling out with Jerry. Eric's surprising leadership coupled with BriCo money, coupled with poor management by Jerry over in SWF leads TCW to finally take over from their longstanding rivals in the USA.

2nd theory: After a falling out with Jerry, Eric starts his own promotion, taking a chunk of the roster with him. Eric's new promotion is successful and at war with SWF, who decline a few spots in the rankings.

3rd theory: Eric feeds off Richard and Jerry to the IRS and they are both arrested. The roster suffers an exodus after such a shocking change, and as a result SWF falls to cult after the shakeup.

Either one of the Bumfhole brothers will have left the SWF for TCW, NOTBPW or SOTBPW and have found major success, being a multiple time World champion. The remaining Bumfhole flops in singles career im SWF and remains at midcard level.

GCG leaves Modern Japan as a result of being sidelined by WLW. Kaneie Komine manages to partner both Golden and Black Canvas campuses and the new promotion becomes a major force in Japanese wrestling with a revolutionary business practice that manages to please both traditionalists and modern fans. A four way scramble between BHOTWG, PGHW, WLW and GCG ensues, and despite the tsunami, Japanese wrestling is in its best state in decades. Speaking of tsunamis...

A major name, either from BHOTWG, PGHW, or WLW is killed by the 2016 tsunami, and the promotion is hit deeply by the loss
Unread 12-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Justice View Post
USPW starts introducing fictional characters from thunderverse due to its popularity.
hard 100% nope on this one.
Unread 12-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Minor League

TCW died. USPW rises to international. SWF falls to cult. SOTBPW remains at National. GCG and NOTBPW merge to combat USPW and SOTBPW.

Over in Japan, WLW continues to remain a cult hit but fails to really get bigger than that (despite most of our games having WLW as the giants.) BCG loses, GCG rises to cult. PGHW and BHOTWG continue with maybe BHOTWG falling to "AJPW" tier.
Unread 12-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Super Star

I don't know. I'm thinking that the C-Verse needs to have a big reset. Every major promotion is full of a bunch of old people that you need to replace. You just can't have another game with only tiny changes. Something worthwhile has to be done to not make every major company play out the same.
Unread 12-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
I don't know. I'm thinking that the C-Verse needs to have a big reset. Every major promotion is full of a bunch of old people that you need to replace. You just can't have another game with only tiny changes. Something worthwhile has to be done to not make every major company play out the same.
This something I noticed as well. A lot of the talent is getting up in years and there's not a lot of quality new blood. With a new game coming that's being completely overhauled, I'd like to see a wrestling ecosystem that is fresh and not just papering over the scene we got in 2016.

If the C-Verse can't be reset though, I'd like to jump in at a big turning point. When DaVE died, we jumped in after all the big moves happened and the talent pooled was drained. This time, if a big company died betwen 2016 and 2020 (say, TCW), I'd like to be dropped in like, the day after. I'd also love for a huge (and I mean, HUGE) influx of talented new wrestlers to hit the scene, both male and female.
Unread 12-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
This something I noticed as well. A lot of the talent is getting up in years and there's not a lot of quality new blood. With a new game coming that's being completely overhauled, I'd like to see a wrestling ecosystem that is fresh and not just papering over the scene we got in 2016.

If the C-Verse can't be reset though, I'd like to jump in at a big turning point. When DaVE died, we jumped in after all the big moves happened and the talent pooled was drained. This time, if a big company died betwen 2016 and 2020 (say, TCW), I'd like to be dropped in like, the day after. I'd also love for a huge (and I mean, HUGE) influx of talented new wrestlers to hit the scene, both male and female.
With every iteration of the game, Adam and Co introduce a whole slew of new workers into the database that help make it fresh. This was the first game to introduce luchadoras into the game -- the Australian wrestling scene was greatly expanded, etc... I fully expect that we will see a whole crop of new talent in the CVerse -- and the young talent that is in the game will have been elevated to replace a lot of the older talent -- I fully expect guys like Bruce, RDJ, Sean McFly, Steve and Jack DeColt, Duane Stone, among others to all be retired or close to it and guys like Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine, Brett Starr, Primus Allen, Jay Chord, The Keith Boys, etc... to all be major stars in the business and be near the top of the card in their respective promotions.

With more thought, and reading some of the comments here -- I wouldn't be surprised to see TCW have actually risen back up with the BriCo money and perhaps by taking advantage of the wealth of independent talent out there. I'd love to see OLLIE be back on television and in a position to compete. Perhaps they get a lot of talent from an exodus of young talent from SOTBW who feel they are not being utilized like they should so they jump ship to OLLIE and make it real competition.

Especially if Champagne Lover has... LEFT THE BUSINESS! That's my bold prediction -- and it is very bold. Champagne Lover made the full jump to being a movie star and left SOTBW without its franchise. With him gone and a talent exodus, SOTBW has fallen back down the ladder and OLLIE has caught up and the two are at full blown war.

I could also see, if TCW has closed like I mentioned in my first prediction, that maybe CZCW has risen up to close to cult status and developed a working relationship with WLW -- making CZCW fill the role of an ROH/PWG style company that's giving WLW guys some international exposure as WLW tries to use its position to really battle with BHOTWG for supremacy in Japan.

I'd love to see a Chinese or Indian promotion in the game.
Unread 12-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Phenom

SWF and USPW are still at war with each other. Nicky Champion is still carrying USPW while SWF has replaced Jack Bruce with Rocky Golden from TCW after Valiant failed to really take off as the next Franchise Player. With Golden’s star quality and Jack bruce putting him over he has managed to help SWF truly compete with USPW.

TCW has slid further away from the top two companies and is now more of a glorified Indy company than a real top promotion. Not likely but something fun would be someone like Phil Vibert or Peter Michaels being naked CEO or head booker and beginning to rebuild TCW. I imagine anyone worth their salt has left. I think Eddie Peak stays. Maybe theyve got some top Indy talent. There is a lot of it out there.

Roger Cage is somewhere big. I haven’t been able to sign him in 16 because he gets a written deal at USPW in the first week every single game. I don’t think he’d do well in USPW so I hope he doesn’t go there but top heel in SWF? Yes sir.

I’m going to go against the grain here and say 21CW does NOT have any competition. They crushed the scene so hard that nothing is really able to rise and compete and they become stagnant and boring so they’re losing fans quickly and you have to try and stop the bleeding.

I think DIW is closed for good after the Comedian retired. Tombstone is a major player in RAW.

One of the Japanese Companies has a deal with a company in the US and is beginning to rise towards international.

NOTPW brings Edd home finally to be the main heel against a rising young David Stone in a feud that has breathed new life into NOTBPW.
Steve DeColt returns to CGC after Alex has a mental breakdown. The company tries to transition from Jack to Ricky’s shoulders but they’re still not doing well.