Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-09-2017, 04:46 PM

Default Suggestions for WMMA5

a.) Added regions I would love to see an Oceania and a West Europe region in the game (I know they have Western European countries but an added region would be nice)

b.)Camps being based in certain countries and a "Draw factor" to it. For example a small club in Finland might only draw Finnish fighters where as American Top Team will have people move across the globe just to train.

c.)A Narrative that allows Characters to move to another region to maybe offer some more authenticity.

d.) AI buy outs and mergers

e.)All Nationalities in the game (More for modding purposes on my end lol)

f.)Striking and Grappling Organizations? (Not sure if that is possible with the dynamics of the game but it would be cool)

g.)Random company events such as lost revenue to piracy,rumors of match fixing causing a loss in popularity,doping scandals,foregin investors?

h.)I apologize for the long list but as a Canadian I would ask to have the random fighter name generator grouped in with the American names. Not everyone in Canada is some weird American/French hybrid lol.

LOVE THE SERIES and look forward to the game!!
Unread 07-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Low Minors

As a major fan of the wmma games i am buzzing for wmma 5. I got many suggestions but off the top of my head-
Fighters coming out of retirement... Maybe have a stat on how likely they are to make a comeback or a kind of greed stat where they are well past their best but will fight again for big money
Local fighter stand ins.... The balance is right with the amount of fights get cancelled at last minute through a late injury but the ability to hire a local fighter as a late stand in would be brilliant. If he impresses he can earn a contract if not he earns a payday
More renders.... I know this is more about who contributes renders & a big ask but you cant help but dream for no blank pics
More hype.... Conor Mcgregor? A fighter with major hype appears in more news stories & i'd like to see more made of the news items where it actually makes a difference in viewing figures etc
Mobile version... I work a lot of nightshifts & get bored of playing football manager on my phone when i should really be working. Selfish suggestion this one but worth dreaming :-D

Good luck with wmma5 adam & thanks for any suggestions any of us make that you take time to read
Unread 07-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Low Minors

Cant believe i missed this one....
Local fighter filter.... Might be difficult to have a filter for every state or region but if your a usa based company holding an event in london maybe have a filter of all uk fighters available. More viewing figures the more local fighters you have on the card
Unread 07-12-2017, 09:59 PM

That is true that people with more hype on new sites have a lot more articles based off of them that would be really cool to see!

One thing as well would be a possibility of super fights
Unread 07-13-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
f.)Striking and Grappling Organizations? (Not sure if that is possible with the dynamics of the game but it would be cool)
This so much, with the amount of cross promotion going on right now (obviously McGregor-Mayweather, but also Glory, EBI, Metamoris) this would add to the realism, and allow fighters to compete in some way with minor injures or while on drug suspensions.
Unread 07-13-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
This so much, with the amount of cross promotion going on right now (obviously McGregor-Mayweather, but also Glory, EBI, Metamoris) this would add to the realism, and allow fighters to compete in some way with minor injures or while on drug suspensions.
Or even have an option where invitationals (both striking and grappling randomly appear) or you are able to set some up at certain times in the editor.

Example a big grappling invitational happens every 3rd week of May.
Unread 07-15-2017, 05:01 PM

So, this is my suggestion, how about, for modders mostly, a potential range?
Let's look at a real life example, a guy like Aaron Pico, we saw his professional debut, it wasn't great, but, looking at his incredible background, we can say that he'll be a very good fighter, but he's not there yet, so, for realism sake, why don't we have a potential range, so let's say, his potential range would be from 70 to 90, and the game randomly chooses his potential when the save file is generated, I feel like this would really improve the realism of the game while still making it random enough, because setting someones potential on stone it's not really cool, it ends up killing the variety of save files, but it's not really realistic when someone who everyone knows its going to become a good fighter has like 20 for potential, so potential range would allow modders and just players in general to keep a save file more realistic while also giving it enough of a change from save file to save file.
So, in Aarons case, yeah, he might develop into a hall of famer, he might also be a perennial contender, someone like a Kenny Florian, but he will never be someone who has to go from company to company to fight for a couple of bucks.
Unread 07-16-2017, 10:07 AM

You mean, something like Potential is handled for youngsters in Football Manager? I like it, specially for historical mods.
Altough, I like the all randomness of the game right now too. It's cool to know you''ll never have two saves equal.
Unread 07-17-2017, 12:02 PM

It would be cool to see an opening/closing dates option for a weight class of a company.

Example: UFC started out as an Openweight organization and then regulations in the late 90s-early 00s set in.