Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Major League

Default Any pro or cons of running more then 4 fights per card?

I run 8 fights per card, say I run 6/8/10 main fight cards. Does that make any difference as long as I run more then 4?
Unread 04-16-2018, 11:51 AM
Low Minors

I suppose the cons are having to pay out more wages to fighters. I think the optimum is 8 fights on a card, but I could be wrong.
Unread 04-17-2018, 01:02 AM
Low Minors

I usually have eight fight cards but there is a bit of a danger of one the fights getting dropped to injury and then causing you to get penalized for running a short card.

It happens less in 5 then 4 because of the TBA option and it not canceling fights out right but it's still to keep aware.

That's why I'd say a nine fight card is probably the best but four does work most of the time.
Unread 04-17-2018, 02:10 AM
Living Legend

I usually run five main card fights and ten prelim fights (I play as GAMMA). I am not sure why I only run five on the main card but it seems to work for me. The reason for the ten prelim fights is so that I can get my fighters work because my roster tends to be massive.
Unread 04-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I usually run five main card fights and ten prelim fights (I play as GAMMA). I am not sure why I only run five on the main card but it seems to work for me. The reason for the ten prelim fights is so that I can get my fighters work because my roster tends to be massive.
this is exactly what i do, or if its a big card, end of year one etc, then i may have 6
Unread 05-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Minor League

I run two matches per weight division on each card, and I book events two months in advance, so that I always have three events in the chamber at the first of each month. I like to keep my fighters busy. It's fine as long as you have the money to pay them.
Aside from the mandatory number of fights to avoid a penalty, I think you are just cheating yourself and your fighters if you don't use them. I never like to see a big stack of unused fighters on my roster after I book a card. The more they fight, the more they improve, the more popular they become, and the more you learn about them.
Unread 07-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Low Minors

How often do you do your cards? Monthly?
Unread 07-06-2018, 12:17 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashley View Post
How often do you do your cards? Monthly?
I am not sure if this is a general question for the thread or a question for the op. I usually run two a month. One television show during the first Friday of the month and one PPV on the third Saturday of the month. If I have too many big name fighters available to fight, I might run two PPV's in a month and not run a television show for that month.
Unread 07-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I am not sure if this is a general question for the thread or a question for the op. I usually run two a month. One television show during the first Friday of the month and one PPV on the third Saturday of the month. If I have too many big name fighters available to fight, I might run two PPV's in a month and not run a television show for that month.
Just in general, and thanks for the help
Unread 07-07-2018, 11:09 AM
All Star

I usually go for 5 or 6 in the main card, but depends on the company. When playing UFC one can put a few more matches.