Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Hall of Fame

In the editor it's just below the worker's race and nationality (roughly half way down the screen, left-hand column of boxes). In the Cornellverse by default all workers are set to only have a home region, and the actual area is semi-randomised (from among sensible choices) at the start of each game, but you can select a home area if you wish.
Unread 05-04-2016, 03:05 PM
All Star

Thanks and no I don't need to. I'm just converting a mod over and wanted to make sure I didn't have to go through and re do everyone's base region. Saved me a ton of work thanks
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:26 PM
All Star

nevermind its literally right there loll

Last edited by MrSelfDestruct : 05-04-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Super Star

How long can you go without exposure in a region before you start to decline in popularity there?
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecrimson00 View Post
can you raise the size of your own broadcaster after making it without using the editor?
Yup. Once created, the button you use to create the network becomes 'view network' instead, and on that screen you can increase your coverage in each area of the world individually.

It's more expensive to increase than it is to start bigger, though. Ie, going from Big in the USA to Very Big costs more than creating a Very Big network in the USA in the first place would have compared to creating a Big one.

Last edited by D-Lyrium : 05-04-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Forgot 'Very Big' is a thing
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Rookie

I'm looking for some advice. I created a company and am now at the beginning of July. My momentum has moved from F- to D+. My show ratings are usually around C-. I'm seeing an increase in the amount of people wanting to go to my shows (by about 1,000 since the beginning). My rankings versus competitors in regions have moved from last to first or second, but I'm not seeing any increase in popularity ratings or importance. I'm currently on Los Deporte Hoy (with ratings of C- when all they want is E+, but they're unwilling to budge on the time slot), but am hoping to eventually get a network with a little more exposure. Do I just keep plugging away? I'm operating at a loss of around 20k a month, so I need to see some positives within the next 6 months or so.
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogshere View Post
I'm looking for some advice. I created a company and am now at the beginning of July. My momentum has moved from F- to D+. My show ratings are usually around C-. I'm seeing an increase in the amount of people wanting to go to my shows (by about 1,000 since the beginning). My rankings versus competitors in regions have moved from last to first or second, but I'm not seeing any increase in popularity ratings or importance. I'm currently on Los Deporte Hoy (with ratings of C- when all they want is E+, but they're unwilling to budge on the time slot), but am hoping to eventually get a network with a little more exposure. Do I just keep plugging away? I'm operating at a loss of around 20k a month, so I need to see some positives within the next 6 months or so.
Keep plugging away. Growth is relatively slow. If you switched to numbers instead of grades, you'd see an increase faster. But going up a letter grade (say, from F- to F) isn't quick. Though obviously the lower down you are, the quicker it is.
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lyrium View Post
Keep plugging away. Growth is relatively slow. If you switched to numbers instead of grades, you'd see an increase faster. But going up a letter grade (say, from F- to F) isn't quick. Though obviously the lower down you are, the quicker it is.
For a dingus who can't find where to switch to numbers, where would that be?
Unread 05-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Star

Quote:
For a dingus who can't find where to switch to numbers, where would that be?
In options under User Preferences, it's the second checkbox down on the left column
Unread 05-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Phenom

Location: Helpless people on subway trains scream bug-eyed as He looks in on them

D-Lyrium, that post about match aims is super helpful, thanks.
Unread 05-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lyrium View Post
I switched to numbers, and the popularity has either dropped or stayed the same since the beginning of the game. I'm running a show a week and an event a month. The game has been getting me to tour throughout USA with my shows and events, hitting every region. Should I ignore that and stick to one or two? (I'm at regional level)
Unread 05-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Low Minors

Thanks for the help D-Lyrium
Unread 05-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Super Star

When deciding what pay per view company should host your events is it better to go on a bigger network at a worse time slot or is it better to be on a smaller network in a better time slot?
Unread 05-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Star

So, I ran the event shown below and the game told me that I lost popularity in one region. I checked in the editor, it was British Columbia, the region the show was held in. I have medium coverage all over Canada for events and the popularity was at 78.0 in all regions before the show. I don't get why I only lost popularity in one region instead of the whole country.
Am I missing anything obvious? Does anyone know why this might have happened?

Unread 05-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I switched to numbers, and the popularity has either dropped or stayed the same since the beginning of the game. I'm running a show a week and an event a month. The game has been getting me to tour throughout USA with my shows and events, hitting every region. Should I ignore that and stick to one or two? (I'm at regional level)
At regional, it's definitely a bad idea to tour the entire US.

To get to Cult you only need to be popular in two regions. So My usual tactic is to pick two, and stick to them until you're near Cult (47%/D+) and then spread out from there. You probably don't want to move up to Cult until you've got a decent base an a bit of cash, because in terms of finances it's one of the hardest jumps in the game to make.

My advice would be stick to two areas until you can consistently make a profit from running shows there, and then spread out to other regions (coming back 'home' every now and then to make up for the losses you make on your other shows).