Chaos On The Clarke! [Starship Mafia 1] Game Thread
READ OR DIE
HOW TO PLAY:
- All of you will be PM’d a role and your alignment. The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.
- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You don’t have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead – just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. In other words, claim at your own risk. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM me. DO NOT post it in the thread.
- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps. Day phases will last 48 hours or until a consensus is reached. Night phases will last 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activities are concluded.
- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. Town players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD AND RED!). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username (AGAIN BOLDED AND IN RED!). You can also change your vote to nobody by typing Change Vote: No Vote (IN BOLD AND RED!). You can also choose to vote for No Lynching by using Vote: No Lynch (yeah... BOLDED AND IN RED!), meaning you actively vote to not lynch anyone during that day phase rather than passively not voting at all. You must post in the thread for your vote to be counted. You do not have to vote if you do not wish to.
- A Day Phase is over whenever a person obtains more than 50% of the vote (and is lynched) or when the 48 hours run out. If no majority vote has been reached by the time the day phase expires, a no lynch will be declared. Once a person dies, I will reveal their alignment and role.
- Night falls after somebody is executed or a no lynch is achieved. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using whatever form of communication appeals to them). Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM the mods (Rayelek / Derek B), and he will PM you the outcome of the ability if you are to receive one before the following day phase. If it is something serious like somebody getting killed, I will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM me what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace.
- Night ends once I post who gets killed, and the cycle repeats itself. The Town players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.
-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town – so try to keep them alive!
- I know it’s the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if you’re going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why you’re doing so.
- Though I can’t force you to post, I’d love to see active participation. I would advise everyone try to check in with this game at least once a day. Things move fast and you can fall behind pretty easily.
- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. This includes notes found on your corpse, cryptic messages from the dead, etc, etc. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do – besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, I’m willing to listen to your theories as to what’s going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.
- Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I can’t enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.
- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage all players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.
-Players are not allowed to cut and paste anything straight from the Role PM except the Role title. No cutting and pasting from the body of the PM. You can paraphrase what your Role PM says but that is all.
-Please play your role/alignment and play to win. I will be strict about this, so please don't make me enforce it.
-Talking about your role after death or to those who have died IS NOT allowed.
-Not everything is as it seems. If something unexpected happens, feel free to question it to me in private, and if I can, I'll answer.
I reserve the right to mod kill if we find out that any of these rules have been broken. Please remember that you are not the only one playing this game, so don't ruin it for everyone else!
The mods for this game are Rayelek and Derek B. All PMs regarding abilities, questions or anything else should be sent to them. If you fail to communicate your information then I will go on what I have. You have be warned!
Let us all keep in mind that this is a game and should be an enjoyable experience.
Example Town Role:
Last edited by Rayelek : 04-05-2019 at 02:11 PM.