Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-27-2017, 10:02 AM

I am having this weird issue where the pics I use for my characters in my mod don't show when they are on the roster screen of the company (except 3 of them for some reason) but when I go to the worker page or to the list of all workers available then it is there.

Anyone ever come across this before or know what the issue could be?
Unread 05-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1st0 View Post
I am having this weird issue where the pics I use for my characters in my mod don't show when they are on the roster screen of the company (except 3 of them for some reason) but when I go to the worker page or to the list of all workers available then it is there.

Anyone ever come across this before or know what the issue could be?
You need to change their image on the contract too, not just the worker file.
Unread 05-30-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
You need to change their image on the contract too, not just the worker file.
Cheers, would never have thought to check that
Unread 06-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Low Minors

Default Image Work

Are there any tutorials that you guys have links too that would be able to teach me to create my own graphics. I downloaded GIMP but feel like a two year old trying to navigate around it. I have no prior exp with photoshop or any other software.
Unread 06-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDial85 View Post
Are there any tutorials that you guys have links too that would be able to teach me to create my own graphics. I downloaded GIMP but feel like a two year old trying to navigate around it. I have no prior exp with photoshop or any other software.
There are tutorials scattered all over the forums. The one for cutting worker pics is here... http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...=Gimp+tutorial

the rest I don't really have time to go looking for you but I'm sure if you type "Gimp Tutorial" into the search you'll get some things come up.
Unread 06-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
There are tutorials scattered all over the forums. The one for cutting worker pics is here... http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...=Gimp+tutorial

the rest I don't really have time to go looking for you but I'm sure if you type "Gimp Tutorial" into the search you'll get some things come up.
Thanks Fleisch
Unread 06-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Low Minors

Are there any good guides regarding much of the Media aspect of the game?
Unread 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Phenom

Something I notice when seeing some playthroughs of my mod is that a lot of the lower promotions tend to get into issues and are able to get bought out within the first couple of years, is there a way to improve their chances by improving the owner/booker skills or giving them more money?
Unread 06-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWho87 View Post
Something I notice when seeing some playthroughs of my mod is that a lot of the lower promotions tend to get into issues and are able to get bought out within the first couple of years, is there a way to improve their chances by improving the owner/booker skills or giving them more money?
Are you on the latest patch? In my early saves with TEW16 I found the same thing as you. But my latest ones seem to be that they last longer for some reason.
Unread 06-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabataged View Post
Are you on the latest patch? In my early saves with TEW16 I found the same thing as you. But my latest ones seem to be that they last longer for some reason.
I rarely get the chance to play the game and when I do I barely get beyond a month, its just something I've noticed when I've seen people playing my mod on YouTube for long periods.

If its something fixed in an update then I won't bother my end but I was thinking I may have given the promotions not enough money to survive or that their owners were set up in a way they may lose money, I think I generally set owners to have average finances so they might be spending more than they should.
Unread 06-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Living Legend

Its an issue I've seen for awhile. Its not as bad as it was at one point, but I've never found an outright solution. Been tweaking a version of the Mod Squad's 2001 WCW Lives mod for awhile (including a 2002 update) and my workaround has generally been to give them much more starting money than is realistic. A regional company with like $100K is highly likely to die off, I find. I'm mostly modding it so I can play as WCW but if someone was going to be playing one of those companies, it would be a bit problematic.

In some cases, I think it comes down to regional battles. I found Dragon Gate survived if I moved their home base from the Kanto region, where there are already a bunch of promotions.

I did toy around with business and booking skill in some testing and never found it made a big difference.

I've always assumed that a key part of the problem was finding a proper balance between company size and worker overness. I think some of the workers are just too popular for the company size. In most cases, its not a massive difference. But if you consider that if much of the roster is even just 20% more popular than what a company that size can reasonable maintain, that puts their worker expenses at 20% too high and makes it all but impossible for them to make any money.
Unread 06-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Its an issue I've seen for awhile. Its not as bad as it was at one point, but I've never found an outright solution. Been tweaking a version of the Mod Squad's 2001 WCW Lives mod for awhile (including a 2002 update) and my workaround has generally been to give them much more starting money than is realistic. A regional company with like $100K is highly likely to die off, I find. I'm mostly modding it so I can play as WCW but if someone was going to be playing one of those companies, it would be a bit problematic.

In some cases, I think it comes down to regional battles. I found Dragon Gate survived if I moved their home base from the Kanto region, where there are already a bunch of promotions.

I did toy around with business and booking skill in some testing and never found it made a big difference.

I've always assumed that a key part of the problem was finding a proper balance between company size and worker overness. I think some of the workers are just too popular for the company size. In most cases, its not a massive difference. But if you consider that if much of the roster is even just 20% more popular than what a company that size can reasonable maintain, that puts their worker expenses at 20% too high and makes it all but impossible for them to make any money.
I can see a problem with my data already, most of my smaller companies start with $50K, I'll look into bumping their money up a bit, might make a few owners prudent with their finances.
Unread 06-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Major League

Does anyone know of a way to stop workers becoming to overpowered? IVe sort of converted the old war of immortals mod and trying to create wrestlers at each stage of their career. Problem is when I've got people like the rock who were very good at a young age they continue to get better fast. I have potential to the lowest
Unread 06-11-2017, 11:05 AM

is there any attitude era mode?
Unread 06-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Phenom

Is there a good guide/list floating about to help with injury histories?