Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Super Star

Potentially silly question I don't have Office. Is there a free open source resource that people would recommend to use to work on databases?
Unread 10-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
Potentially silly question I don't have Office. Is there a free open source resource that people would recommend to use to work on databases?
You can try free office and see if that works for you

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/
Unread 10-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
You’re not meant to edit databases outside of the in game editor.
Unread 10-13-2018, 02:39 AM
Major League

Anyone know how to have a promotion open and their owner also be the booker? Feel like I've forgotten something.

Also, are people still playing TEW16? Is there much interest in mods these days? I've been out of the loop for a while and part of me feels like attempting some modding again and trying to think of a good time period that isn't already covered or at least, covered to my satisfaction

Obviously as I already made 1996 data anything closer to this time period would be easier but i am open to any suggestions. No promises, just curious on people's thoughts.
Unread 10-13-2018, 03:10 AM
Low Minors

For me there's still a lot of desire for new stuff. I'm excited for the 2008 and 2011 mods among others even though I've never played a rw mod with any depth. I'm a CV guy all over. That said I came late to the game.
Unread 10-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Minor League

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, I updated my mod and the person downloading it got this error

What does that mean, did I upload it wrong? How do I fix it? cheers
Unread 10-15-2018, 11:56 PM

Default Modding tips

Re-posted as I had put the queries in the general discussions forum earlier...

Hi all

After a long absence I am back to GDS (played a lot of WMMA 2 and 3 several years ago), and in particular to TEW 2016.

I am making a mod and have some questions, I would be very grateful for any advice given by the resident forum experts.

For my mod I envision a starting position with only three companies, in separate regions, who would immediately start employing workers and running shows. Over time, other companies would open up, mostly on a random basis, perhaps with some scheduled competitors in the three main regions after 1-2 years.

Background aside, here are my main queries:

1) What is the optimum range for worker #s versus company #s? To ensure that there is a good choice but also that lots of workers are not permanently unemployed.
2) I want the companies to have a good chance to grow and not go bankrupt, is there a way to tweak this? Would this be the settings for each region? I see the starting $ for each company, here I am referring more to the ease with which shows are rated as good.
3) I am using females only, starting with the females in the base game. Are there any adjustments required in terms of the benchmark abilities? Ultimately I would like a universe where the top females reach the same skill levels as the top males do in the default game.
4) Any suggestions as to the rate of new workers entering the game? Here I mean pre-defined workers, not regenerations. Say I had 500 workers in year one, how many should I plan to come in per annum?
5) When does the database actually start? I started one seemingly in 2000, with companies on random starts, but some companies came in before 2000 and were therefore already there in turn one.

I may come back with further queries (perhaps I forgot one or two), but thanks in advance!
Unread 10-16-2018, 04:58 AM

I'm unsure as to whether this is the right place, but I've recently downloaded the September 18 picture pack and I'm trying to put it into my new September database, however, hardly any pictures are showing on characters. Is there anyway around this using the in game editor other than selecting workers one by one?
Unread 10-16-2018, 12:05 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravyb0y View Post
I'm unsure as to whether this is the right place, but I've recently downloaded the September 18 picture pack and I'm trying to put it into my new September database, however, hardly any pictures are showing on characters. Is there anyway around this using the in game editor other than selecting workers one by one?
If you go into the editor -> Workers-> Mass Edit - Picture Becomes Their Name it should fix some up but it depends on how the pictures themselves are named. If Shawn Michaels has no picture assigned because there is Shawn Michaels 1.jpg in the picture folder, then not much can be done besides manually adding pics to workers or renaming picture files to match the worker names.
Unread 10-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Low Minors

Could someone upload a copy of the 1992 Eye of the Storm mod with pictures please
Unread 10-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
Could someone upload a copy of the 1992 Eye of the Storm mod with pictures please
You should be able to get everything you need here:
http://www.wrestlingnexus.com/nexus/
Unread 10-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Super Star

Of the few that are posted; what mod has proven the best for the early 80's real world time period?
Unread 11-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Super Star

How high is the interest in a womens only mod mixed with a few MMA ladies and female celebrities?
Unread 12-31-2018, 09:33 AM

Hi everyone !
I've been having a lot of new ideas for a TNA 2010 game... Unfortunately, I can't find any mod around these years.
Does anyone has something that could help me ?
Or even a data from between 2008 and 2012 that I could easily adapt for my game.

Thanks !
Unread 01-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Rookie

Default Bye Bye MOD Squad

Although I have been a fan of The MOD Squad's work, ultimately it is Adam's call so the question has to be now do we all look to 2020 or is someone looking to take up there mantel and look to do there own take on eras covered by the MOD Squad??