Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-08-2019, 02:23 PM

Smile Worker Skill Changes Over Time?

I can't find an answer to this anywhere, I'm importing workers from a current day mod into one I've converted from 2013, most will be 'yet to debut', so I need to roll back their stats to debut levels or earlier in their career. I'm not really sure which stats move and by how much in the course of a few years or a whole career, anyone done this before who could offer any pointers? If not I guess I'll sim a few years and do a comparison, but I feel like someone did that already at some point, I just can't find it.
Unread 05-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Phenom

Quote:
I didn't know where else to put this because I don't want to open a hype thread because I haven't even started so talking about it would be fruitless. With that said however, I wanted to tease it because I've decided to take on something different for my next project; alternate reality rather than my normal historic preference. I figure it's a modification to be discussed so the "Modding Discussion Thread" makes sense, even though it doesn't really. xD
February, 1984

Vince McMahon had decided that to spell the death of territorial wrestling once and for all, he needed to build a star that transcended the sport and made the World Wrestling Federation a brand that surpassed all others. On the January 23, 1984 edition of the Madison Square Garden event produced by the World Wrestling Federation, McMahon decided to put all his chips on Hulk Hogan as he felt a movement he dubbed “Hulkamania” would be money in the bank. Booking The Iron Sheik to drop the WWF World Heavyweight Championship to Hogan, Vince could see his desire of holding a monopoly on professional wrestling coming to fruition but unfortunately, there were still those raging against the machine. The regional promoters who hadn't already sold out to Vince realised they would be unable to compete with the mass marketing potential of Hulk Hogan so came up with an old school solution. Dreamed up by Verne Gagne who was also backed by Jim Crockett and Bill Watts, The Iron Sheik was offered $100,000 by his former trainer to not only keep the belt but to ensure Hulk wasn’t able to walk away from the event, suggesting Sheik should break his leg. Leaving the world to watch in horror, The Iron Sheik unceremoniously accepted the offer and walked out of the match as WWF World Heavyweight Champion while Hulk Hogan was stretchered out with a severely broken fibula. Not knowing exactly why Sheik betrayed them as he did, Vince McMahon and his ailing father (and about half of the roster) ensured The Iron Sheik wasn’t able to leave Madison Square Garden with the title belt, and they made sure he knew he wouldn’t ever work for the World Wrestling Federation again. With a $100,000 in his back pocket and an awaiting job with the American Wrestling Association however, Sheik is confident he’s done the right thing. On the other side of the coin, things got even worse for Hulk Hogan and the World Wrestling Federation as complications during surgery has meant that Hogan may never fully recover from his injury, meaning he may never enter the ring as a worker again. With the World Wrestling Federation keeping him tied to a contract however, it seems that his career in the industry may not be over even if he doesn’t recover but in what capacity remains to be seen. What does this mean for the World Wrestling Federation and Vince McMahon’s desire to hold a monopoly on professional wrestling? Will he be able to find someone else to step into Hulk Hogan’s planned place or will the so-called “territory days” of professional wrestling continue to thrive? Find out in Total Extreme Wrestling 2020.

Unread 05-28-2019, 06:40 PM
Phenom

Sheiky baby does not make him humble and break his back?
Unread 06-14-2019, 06:17 AM
Minor League

Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway: What broadcaster type would fit closed circuit television the best?
Unread 06-14-2019, 06:19 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN90 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway: What broadcaster type would fit closed circuit television the best?
Probably ppv imo
Unread 06-14-2019, 06:35 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw88 View Post
Probably ppv imo
Thanks.
Unread 06-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Minor League

I converted the c-verse 70's mod to TEW2016. Ran couple of watcher games and every time most of the starting companies (3 or 4 reached national size) went bankrupt within 2 years. I can't figure out the problem.
Unread 06-28-2019, 09:18 AM
Low Minors

Can you edit game regions? Like names and locations and such?
Unread 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito333 View Post
Nope, they're hard coded.
Unread 06-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito333 View Post
The closest thing would be creating locations.
Unread 08-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Low Minors

Question regarding popularity.

So i like to use a small local independent promotion. My question is what would the appropriate popularity be for a guy who say main events some promotion in his/her region and is a midcarder in other and a guy who is a midcarder in some and lower card guy in others?
Unread 08-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson26 View Post
Question regarding popularity.

So i like to use a small local independent promotion. My question is what would the appropriate popularity be for a guy who say main events some promotion in his/her region and is a midcarder in other and a guy who is a midcarder in some and lower card guy in others?
Derek B's Mod Making Guide

This is still pretty applicable. Probably somewhere in the E range. Lower E if you want them to be mid/lower card in some promotions. Getting up into D, even D-, is a pretty popular worker for the indy level.
Unread 08-28-2019, 07:51 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Derek B's Mod Making Guide

This is still pretty applicable. Probably somewhere in the E range. Lower E if you want them to be mid/lower card in some promotions. Getting up into D, even D-, is a pretty popular worker for the indy level.
Thanks i had been trying to find that btu for some reason couldnt
Unread 10-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Super Star

would anyone be interested in a mod based on the mobile game 80s Mania Wrestling Returns? Then I'd create one.

Last edited by WillyWillyWilly : 10-05-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Unread 10-06-2019, 03:50 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWillyWilly View Post
would anyone be interested in a mod based on the mobile game 80s Mania Wrestling Returns? Then I'd create one.

It looks really interesting, but most important if you are hyped and motivated to create the mod, then just go for it. If others become interested in the mod, then that's just a bonus.