Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-14-2019, 07:56 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEZA View Post
<3 <3 <3

Oh my God, I'm so glad someone enjoyed it! Took me hours to do that write-up! Thanks so much for the feedback!

Any other feedback? Positive or constructively critical? Requests? Suggestions?
-Hard Work Paid Off!
-There’s nothing critical. Lol.
-Everything here is greatly done and man I am hyped for the next show.
-There is however a request to make, bring in KAZUCHIKA OKADA!!!! If possible. Hehe.
-Also thanks for making great champs, those guys really deserve it!
-Its fine if you don’t include the ratings, it kinda’ looks odd with the great writing.
-Finally awesome job! Keep up the great work man!
Unread 02-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme1234 View Post
-There is however a request to make, bring in KAZUCHIKA OKADA!!!! If possible. Hehe.
I'll have to see what I can do!

Quote:
-Its fine if you don’t include the ratings, it kinda’ looks odd with the great writing.
I guess I just like including the ratings as a way of authenticating that I am actually doing this on TEW, not just making it up in my head

If you think it takes away from the presentation, I can absolutely leave them off going forward. If your concern is some of the low scores I was getting, I think it's an issue with my product settings, so I'll be looking into it before the next show.

Again, thanks for all the feedback! Really appreciate it!
Unread 02-14-2019, 08:37 AM
All Star

Quote:
I'll have to see what I can do!

I guess I just like including the ratings as a way of authenticating that I am actually doing this on TEW, not just making it up in my head

If you think it takes away from the presentation, I can absolutely leave them off going forward. If your concern is some of the low scores I was getting, I think it's an issue with my product settings, so I'll be looking into it before the next show.

Again, thanks for all the feedback! Really appreciate it!
No problem!
Unread 02-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Star

Just to clarify Narf. Not sure if this is in he late games or not. But going back to EWR. If the NRG hit just right random companies preprogrammed into the game would open (Disney had one I believe as well.) Narf was ran by Pinky of Pinky and The Brain, originally a short on the 90s cartoon Animaniacs, before spinning off into it's own show. Narf was something that Pinky said a lot his catchphrase if you will.

All that said, this is an interesting concept. I would say the show was well put together from a format perspective, nice layout good writing. From a critical perspective it seemed like a really overbooked show though. For example.

Elimination Chamber (big crazy spot heavy/blood) match - for the mid card title
Regular 1 v 1 for the upper mid card title
Standard 1v1 cage match for the Main title

From a fans perspective, after the EC I am expecting something bigger and more exciting for each match after. It is why companies that due Ultraviolent Hardcore has diminishing returns because fans will always want more violence and you can only do so much.

I suggest building slowly to a big final match, with some smaller big matches in the middle and opener. (Open with a hot feud between mid cards or upper mid carders, have a upper mid or secondary main event feud in the middle with a gimmick match and then your main event huge match) This will create a better flow and natural progression.

Besides that look forward to see what you continue to do!
Unread 02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticloser View Post
From a critical perspective it seemed like a really overbooked show though. For example.

Elimination Chamber (big crazy spot heavy/blood) match - for the mid card title
Regular 1 v 1 for the upper mid card title
Standard 1v1 cage match for the Main title

From a fans perspective, after the EC I am expecting something bigger and more exciting for each match after. It is why companies that due Ultraviolent Hardcore has diminishing returns because fans will always want more violence and you can only do so much.

I suggest building slowly to a big final match, with some smaller big matches in the middle and opener. (Open with a hot feud between mid cards or upper mid carders, have a upper mid or secondary main event feud in the middle with a gimmick match and then your main event huge match) This will create a better flow and natural progression.

Besides that look forward to see what you continue to do!
Thanks! I completely agree, and this show was somewhat unusual for me, because I was using the originally booked first show by New Vegas Wrestling in the original diary.
Unread 02-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Phenom

Okay, so I figured I'd explain the utter chaos that took place at Narf Poit Wrestling's Death March event!

New Vegas Wrestling intended to play this game in 2016, presumably in a mod set in that time period, which I couldn't find, so decided to do current day instead, starting with TheWho87's January 2019 RW mod.

Unfortunately, when I was editing the database to set it up right, I forgot to remove the injuries of Kevin Owens/Steen, (Erick) Rowan/Thoruf Marius and Sami Zayn/El Generico. Steen and Marius were scheduled to be involved in matches on the show, but weren't physically fit in time.

Fortunately, they were available for angles, so I was able to formulate a plan!

After getting through the Tag Title match and Brian Kendrick's open challenge, it was time to make some changes to the card. First, I needed to get Marius out of his Elimination Chamber match. I had the choice of five heels who weren't already scheduled to appear: Bo Rotunda (Bo Dallas), Joe Hennig (Curtis Axel), Roderick Strong, Ryan O'Connor (Konnor of The Ascension) and Victor Eöus (Viktor of The Ascension).

All of these options felt a bit underwhelming, and then the brainwave hit me: Tyler Black may have a match booked later, but it's not for a title, so slot him in. Heel Seth Rollins was the right kind of character to do this sort of thing, so I knew Black could pull it off.

So, it was settled! Black would take Marius' spot in the Chamber, but who would win? Well, the biggest star in the match was now Tyler Black, and I'd have to have him lose to Claudio Castagnoli later for believability's sake, so I decided to put the title on him!

The rest of the story, with him costing Jericho the Intercontinental Title match and in turn the US Title being put on the line against Claudio all just fell into place from there, which left me with just Kevin Steen to write off...

As there had been so much carnage on the show by this point, all I needed was a reason for Jericho to snap and suspend him, so I had him attack Claudio after his victory, and presto!

I'm not sure how interested everyone will have been in this insight into my thought processes for this show, but if anyone was wondering where this cluster... well, you know... of a show came from, then I hope this explains it a little!
Unread 02-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Phenom

Apparently, one of our 25,000+ fans in attendance reported us for using Skillet for Ryback's entrance music, and it cost us a $500,000 fine!

So, I have officially licensed the song and will probably use legally licensed music from similar sized bands for entrance music on future shows.

Lesson learned!
Unread 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Phenom

It had been a week since Death March when my phone rang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Callis
Chris, it's Don... have you heard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jericho
Heard what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Callis
Asai... he's passed away...
I dropped my arm to my side. I could faintly hear Don asking if I was still there, but I couldn't answer.

Asai Yoshihiro; Último Dragón

I couldn't believe it. Último Dragón, the originator of the Asai Moonsault, which had been the inspiration for my Lionsault, was gone. He was 52, four years older than me. Way too young...

As much as I hated it in situations like this, the wrestling side of my brain sprang into action. I still had a mask that Asai had given me, probably twenty years ago. We could do a special Ladder match with appropriate competitors with something in common with Asai.

I started writing down everything I knew about Asai's career, especially Championship reigns...

There were way too many to count. He once held 9 Championships at once!

About half an hour later, I had a shortlist. Some I was fairly sure wouldn't travel outside of Japan, so they wouldn't be involved. But I was going to contact everyone, try and make something positive out of this horrible news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jericho
Rest in peace, Asai...
Unread 02-15-2019, 01:11 AM
All Star

RIP Asai Yoshihiro; Último Dragón (In game)!

Ultimo Dragon is actually one of my favorite wrestler of all time!
Unread 02-15-2019, 01:29 AM

Great Show! and Rest In Peace Ultimo Dragon.
Unread 02-15-2019, 01:49 AM
Phenom

Quote:
RIP Asai Yoshihiro; Último Dragón (In game)!

Ultimo Dragon is actually one of my favorite wrestler of all time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Great Show! and Rest In Peace Ultimo Dragon.
Thanks guys! I met Ultimo at a UK indie show years ago. I bought a replica mask from him (for like Ł20 or something) and told him I loved him in WCW as a kid and followed him since, and he signed the mask for free! Nice guy
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:26 AM
All Star

Quote:
Thanks guys! I met Ultimo at a UK indie show years ago. I bought a replica mask from him (for like Ł20 or something) and told him I loved him in WCW as a kid and followed him since, and he signed the mask for free! Nice guy
That's a great experience, he sure is the best!
Unread 02-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Phenom

APRIL SHOWERS PREDICTIONS

Opening Match
Último Dragón Memorial Ladder Match

El Fantasma vs Jinsei Shinzaki vs KUSHIDA vs NOSAWA Rongai vs Pentagon Jr vs Rey Fenix

This match obviously wasn't originally planned for the show, but I couldn't let Último Dragón's death go unacknowledged.

So, I managed to hire Jinsei Shinzake, with whom Último once held the Tohoku Tag Team Championships in Michinoku Pro Wrestling; KUSHIDA, the current holder of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship, which Último won twice in his career; NOSAWA Rongai, who was AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Champion (a title Último held twice in his career) until this past Wednesday (the plan was to use the current champion, but I missed the news of CIMA's victory over him); legendary masked luchador, and father of current NPW wrestler El Hijo del Fantasma, El Fantasma; and Rey Fenix, in whom I could see a lot of the qualities of a young Último Dragón.

We would hang Último's mask above the ring, and those five and Pentagon Jr (our main masked star) would compete in a ladder match to bring the mask down. As an added incentive, the winner will challenge for the Narf Poit Heavyweight Championship next month, too!

Narf Poit Intercontinental Championship Match
Mystery Challenger

Jon Good will defend the Intercontinental Championship, but against whom?

The inaugural Narf Poit Intercontinental Champion, Jon Good, will defend his title at April Showers, but I am keeping his opponent a mystery from him. Call me petty, but after he stole the accolade of first IC Champion from me last month, it's nothing more than he deserves!
Quote:
Bonus point for correctly predicting his opponent!

Grudge Match

KENTA vs Matti Wild

Last month, in the Elimination Chamber for the vacant Narf Poit United States Championship, Matti Wild stayed away from the action as long as possible, eventually stealing a quick pin on KENTA, eliminating him from the match. KENTA took to social media, calling Wild's actions "dishonorable" and asking me to give him Wild one-on-one. Well, here it is!

Rematch
"No Surprise This Time

Brian Kendrick vs Ryback Reeves

What can I say? Brian Kendrick must be a glutton for punishment! He actually requested this rematch, claiming that the only reason Ryback beat him last month was because he had the element of surprise, and now Kendrick has a game plan?! Time will tell...

Grudge Match

Chris Jericho vs Tyler Black

Last month, whether it was collusion or not, Tyler Black cost me my Intercontinental Championship match against Jon Good. This month, I want revenge!

Narf Poit Tag Team Championship Match
"A Point To Prove"

The Family (Bray Rotunda & Brodie Lee) (C) vs The Coollet Club

Last month, we crowned the first ever Narf Poit Tag Team Champions in a Triple Threat match! The Family picked up the win when Bray pinned El Hijo del Fantasma. The Coollet Club, comprised of Heath Miller and Zack Major, correctly pointed out that The Family didn't beat them directly for the Championships! So, as per their request, they will get a shot at the Champions, one on... well, two on two!

Narf Poit Heavyweight Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Cody Rhodes

After being inserted into the Cage match last month and becoming the first ever Narf Poit Heavyweight Champion, it was time to decide Nakamura's first challenger. Who better than the former Ring Of Honor World, IWGP United States, and NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Cody Rhodes? That's right, I said Rhodes. WWE be damned, thinking they own that name!

Quick Picks:

El Fantasma vs Jinzei Shinzaki vs KUSHIDA vs NOSAWA Rongai vs Pentagon Jr vs Rey Fenix
Comments:

Jon Good vs ??? - Narf Poit Intercontinental Championship
Comments:

KENTA vs Matti Wild
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

The Coollet Club vs The Family - Narf Poit Tag Team Championships
Comments:

Cody Rhodes vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Narf Poit Heavyweight Championship
Comments:

General show comments:

Last edited by EBEZA : 02-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Unread 02-16-2019, 02:21 AM
All Star

El Fantasma vs Jinzei Shinzaki vs KUSHIDA vs NOSAWA Rongai vs Pentagon Jr vs Rey Fenix
Comments: KUSHIDA!! Back to the future baby!!

Comments: Obvious!

KENTA
vs Matti Wild
Comments: When you need someone for a match where you almost kill someone, KENTA is your guy!

Comments: Last time it happened, I think this should be it!

Comments: I think Jericho winning here would be weird, kinda', but I am still onto Black as he is great!

The Coollet Club vs The Family - Narf Poit Tag Team Championships
Comments: I wish someone do a justice, but The Coollet Club winning too early would be nasty booking. Hehe.

Cody Rhodes vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Narf Poit Heavyweight Championship
Comments: YEOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

General show comments: Cool Booking, feels like a damn good event, need some METAL!! I guess RAMMSTEIN!! BANG BANG!!

Btw, were you clear with the Japanese touring system?
Unread 02-16-2019, 05:31 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Comments: Obvious!
Is it equally obvious who the challenger will be?

Quote:
General show comments: Cool Booking, feels like a damn good event, need some METAL!! I guess RAMMSTEIN!! BANG BANG!!

Hmmm, that's a good shout... but whether to do it for this show or save it...

Quote:
Btw, were you clear with the Japanese touring system?
Yeah, I think I get it! If I ever do a Japanese save, it'll take some adjusting to...