Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Low Minors

Default WCW American Dream [RW / 1991]

June 2019 RW Diary of the Month Nominee
May 2019 RW Diary of the Month
April 2019 RW Diary of the Month
March 2019 RW Diary of the Month Nominee

It's the end of 1990 and Ted Turner has quietly taken over ownership of World Championship Wrestling. As this new entity begins to embark on a new year, they aim to set themselves apart from the competition on the way to the top.

In 1991, WCW looks to move away from some "problem areas" it experience toward the end of the 80s and last year. Primarily, the removal of Jim Herd as WCW President. The tension Herd caused within the company and with top talent like Ric Flair was not worth keeping him around for. Ted Turner's vision for WCW is not to remain a cult-sized wrestling promotion out of Atlanta, Georgia. If he was going to compete with the likes of the World Wrestling Federation, he need to keep his top talent representing WCW, not the other guys.

With Vince McMahon's WWF dominating the top 20 popular wrestlers in the world, Ted Turner has his work cut out for him. He knows some drastic changes are needed, and he knows he can't do it without help from a veteran.

* At the CNN Center in Atlanta, GA...

Quote:
Ted Turner: "Thank you for coming in on short notice, can you have a seat please? As you may have heard, I have stepped up within WCW to have a more hands-on approach. The problem is, I love you guys, but I don't know the business. You know the business, and I need someone like you. Someone who can relate to the boys in the back, and take this company in a new direction. I want WCW to be THE representation of professional wrestling, and not an afterthought to Vince McMahon or the NWA. You told Jim when you were interested in coming back to WCW, that your in-ring career is coming to a close. I want you to take that next step. Groom the talent we have. Find the talent we need, and lead this company. What do you say?"
* Turner slides a WCW contract across the desk with a pen on top. A new opportunity for an old face.

Quote:
"It will be my privilege, to step up and take WCW to the pay winda'!"
The contract is signed and a restructure is set in motion. Ted Turner now has his man who will lead WCW into the future of professional wrestling. He has an 'American Dream'.

Last edited by Levinux : Yesterday at 07:29 PM.
Unread 03-15-2019, 08:02 PM
Low Minors

Default Table of Contents

Table of Contents

Section 1: The Goods
Contracted Workers
Championship History
WCW Hall of Fame

Last edited by Levinux : 05-28-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Week 1, February 1991 Update
Unread 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM
Low Minors

Management
Ted TurnerDusty Rhodes
WCW OwnerWCW President

Wrestlers
Abdullah the ButcherArn AndersonBarry WindhamBig JoshBill Kazmaier
Bobby EatonBooker TBrad ArmstrongBrian ArmstrongBrian Pillman
Cactus JackDan SpiveyDiamond Dallas PageDiamond StuddDick Slater
Dustin RhodesErik WattsFirebreaker ChipGeorge SouthGreg Valentine
Jim ClontzJohnny B. BaddKevin NashKevin SullivanLarry Zbyszko
Marcus Alexander BagwellNikita KoloffOwen HartPez WhatleyRic Flair
Rick MartelRick RudeRick SteinerRicky SteamboatRip Rogers
Ron SimmonsScott SteinerSgt. SlaughterShawn MichaelsSid Vicious
Steve ArmstrongSteve AustinStevie RayStingSuper Invader
Terrence TaylorThe Italian StallionThe UndertakerTim HornerTod Champion
VaderVan Hammer

Managers
Miss ElizabethPaul BearerPaul E. DangerouslyTeddy LongWoman

Referees
Jimmy JetMike AtkinsNick PatrickRandy AndersonScott Armstrong

On-Air Personalities
Eric BischoffDave BrownJesse VenturaJim RossMagnum T.A.
Missy HyattRoddy Piper

Road Agents
Dory Funk, Jr.Jody HamiltonMichael HayesPaul OrndorffTully Blanchard

Last edited by Levinux : 07-09-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Apr 01 1992 Update
Unread 03-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Low Minors

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
ChampionDate WonLocationDefencesTime Held
Ric FlairMar 28 1992Charlotte, NC01+ Days
Ricky Steamboat1Dec 28 1991Atlanta, GA290 Days
1Wins NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Rick Rude; recognized as the first WCW World Hewavyweight Champion

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
Vader (2)Mar 28 1992Charlotte, NC01+ Days
StingFeb 28 1991Atlanta, GA030 Days
Vader1Dec 28 1991Atlanta, GA262 Days
1WCW dropped NWA recognition on Dec 28 1991; recognized as the first WCW United States Hewavyweight Champion

WCW World Television Championship
Greg ValentineMar 28 1992Charlotte, NC01+ Days
Owen Hart1Dec 28 1991Atlanta, GA1090 Days
1WCW dropped NWA recognition on Dec 28 1991; recognized as the first WCW World Television Champion

WCW World Tag Team Championship

ChampionsDate WonLocationDefencesTime Held
Barry Windham & Dustin RhodesFeb 28 1992Atlanta, GA330+ Days
Steiner Brothers1Dec 28 1991Atlanta, GA062 Days
1WCW dropped NWA recognition on Dec 28 1991; recognized as the first WCW World Tag Team Champions

Last edited by Levinux : 07-13-2019 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Mar 01 1992 Update
Unread 03-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Low Minors

WCW Hall of Fame

Class of 1991

Last edited by Levinux : 06-01-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Unread 03-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Low Minors

I haven't forgotten about this my friend. My PC crashed, so I've been working to get TEW reinstalled and get some actions in place that I recall I already did.
Unread 03-25-2019, 11:35 AM
Low Minors

WCW Main Event

January 5, 1991
Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, SC
Attendance: 3,065
Show Rating: 64
TV Rating: 0.24

vs.
George South vs. Owen Hart
In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Owen Hart defeated George South in 4:41 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.
Rating: 43

Missy Hyatt interviews York Foundation members Michael Wallstreet, Terry Taylor and Alexandra York. The York Foundation believes that have found the perfect forumla to defeat the Steiner Brothers.
Rating: 58

vs.
Scott Armstrong vs. Ricky Morton
n a poor match, Ricky Morton defeated Scott Armstrong in 9:54 by pinfall with a Dropkick.
Rating: 50

A Ric Flair promo is shown with Flair hyping his quest to re-gain the World Heavyweight Championship
Rating: 82

vs.
Barry Windham vs. Pez Whatley
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Pez Whatley in 6:46 by pinfall with a Superplex.
Rating: 54

vs.

The York Foundation vs. The Steiner Brothers
In a decent match, The Steiner Brothers defeated Michael Wallstreet and Terry Taylor in 12:29 when Rick Steiner defeated Michael Wallstreet by pinfall with a Steinerizer.
Rating: 63

Gordon Solie conducts a post-match interview with the Steiner Brothers as they continue to hype being the main event tag team in WCW.
Rating: 71

Last edited by Levinux : 03-28-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Unread 03-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Low Minors

World Championship Wrestling

January 6, 1991
Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Bloxi, MS
Attendance: 10,501
Show Rating: 83
TV Rating: 2.53

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting kicks off World Championship Wrestling with an in-ring interview with Gordon Solie. Before Sting is able to begin, Ric Flair comes to the ring and tells Sting his championship run is a fluke, he wants his title back. Sting gets up in Flair's face and Flair pushes Sting. Sting doesn't budge and pushes back, Flair goes down. Flair gets up, takes his sports coat off throwing it on the floor.

"Sting! Sting! You and me, Sting! You and me! Clash of Champions! Sting! We're gonna dance! Woooo!"

Flair exists the ring, yelling at Sting as he goes up the ramp, while Sting stands on the middle turbnuckle holding up the World Heavyweight Championship.
Rating: 93

Arn Anderson is with Missy Hyatt backstage.

"You see, Missy Hyatt. It's very clear when you really think about it. Brian Pillman is not deserving of anything, let alone the World Television Championship. I will show Brian Pillman what it's like to be in a match with someone worthy of that championship strap. And believe me, it won't be pretty."
Rating: 68

vs.
Doom vs. Harlem Heat
In an extremely short match, Doom defeated Harlem Heat in 5:02 when Ron Simmons defeated Stevie Ray by pinfall with a Diving Shoulder block.
Rating: 48

After their match, Gordon Solie gets a word with the NWA World Tag Team Champions and their manager, Teddy Long.

"Listen, playa. Doom is the hotest team in the business, and that's why they are world champions. Feel me? So Steiner Brothers? Bring your second-rate tag team championship to Clash of Champions, and Doom will gladly show you who's best."
Rating: 62

vs.
Owen Hart vs. Tim Horner
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Owen Hart defeated Tim Horner in 8:14 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.
Rating: 43

Backstage, the Diamond Exchange has some choice words, for the NWA World Tag Team Champions.

"Hey, monkeys! It's Diamond Dallas Page and the greatest tag team of all-time. Who does Teddy Long think he is, making challenges without including the Fabulous Freebirds? Check yourself, Doom. The Diamond Exchange is coming for those championship belts."
Rating: 68

vs.
Arn Anderson vs. Brian Pillman
In a decent match, Arn Anderson defeated Brian Pillman in 14:05 by pinfall with a Spinning Spinebuster.
Rating: 76

Cameras find an irrate Ric Flair backstage...

"Sting! You have no idea who you are messing with! They call me the dirtiest player in the game for a reason! Tonight! Tonight, Sting! You and the U.S. Champ are going to know what it means to fight the Four Horsemen! Woo! Woo! Woo!"
Rating: 97

vs.
Buddy Landel vs. El Gigante
In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, El Gigante defeated Buddy Landel in 4:53 by submission with a Clawhold.
Rating: 41

vs.
Barry Windham & Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger & Sting
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Sting and Lex Luger defeated Ric Flair and Barry Windham in 20:15 when Sting defeated Barry Windham by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.
Rating: 78
Unread 03-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Low Minors

WCW Power Hour

January 7, 1991
Georgia Mountains Senter in Gainsville, GA
Attendance: 2,500 (Sell Out)
Show Rating: 58
TV Rating: 0.10

A video package is shown, highlighting current NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Sting.
Rating: 79

vs.
The State Patrol vs. The Young Pistols
In an extremely short match, The Young Pistols defeated The State Patrol in 5:03 when Tracy Smothers defeated Lt. James Earl Wright by pinfall with a Doomsday Dropkick.
Rating: 48

NWA World Television Champion Z-Man cuts a backstage promo about raising the bar as champion, and defending his title every week, starting tonight.
Rating: 42

vs.
Bobby Eaton vs. Dustin Rhodes
In a decent match, Bobby Eaton defeated Dustin Rhodes in 6:17 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam.
Rating: 58

A video package is shown highlighting NWA United States Champion Lex Luger, working out preparing to take on all challengers.
Rating: 81

vs.
Sid Vicious vs. The Italian Stallion
In an extremely short match, Sid Vicious defeated The Italian Stallion in 0:59 by pinfall with a Powerbomb.
Rating: 57

A backstage segment is shown of Arn Anderson lacing up his boots, talking about wanting the NWA World Television Championship.
Rating: 71

vs.
NWA World Television Championship
Brian Pillman vs Z-Man
In a decent match, Z-Man defeated Brian Pillman in 14:36 by pinfall with a Flying Crossbody.
Rating: 49
Unread 03-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Low Minors

Week 1, January 1991 News from ProWrestling.com

General News
WCW and NJPW have announced a working relationship as of this week. It is rumored plans are already in place for the first every WCW Japan Supershow, in the coming months.

WCW Resigns & Releases
On Jan 1, 1991, WCW has come to terms on the release of road agents Mike Graham and Harley Race, and enhancement talent Art Barr (The Juicer).
On Jan 7, 1991, WCW and Mike Rotundo have agreed on a 3-year written contract extension.

WCW New Signings
On Jan 4, 1991, WCW and Eric Bischoff have agreed on a 3-year written contract, which will see him work in a variety of possible roles, including road agent and color commentator.
On Jan 6, 1991, WCW and Kip Hames have agreed on a #-year written contract.
On Jan 7, 1991, WCW and Jim Cornette have agreed on a 6-month written contract. Word close to this situation is that Cornette was not interested in signing a longer deal, and Dusty Rhodes is hoping the next 6 months will give Cornette a reason to commit for the long-term future of WCW.

Competition News
Nothing to report
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:21 AM
Low Minors

Good start always nice to see a WCW since TFC seems to be chased off Working with NJPW will definitely have it's benefits,hope this diary goes the distance. Also be cautious of freelancers because The Mod Squad doesn't use this feature well imo
Unread 03-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbrock100 View Post
Good start always nice to see a WCW since TFC seems to be chased off Working with NJPW will definitely have it's benefits,hope this diary goes the distance. Also be cautious of freelancers because The Mod Squad doesn't use this feature well imo
Thanks for the feedback, I'm not familiar with the Mod Squad mods. I was hesitant on doing a WCW diary, as I saw a few pop up recently. But, I love it too much to not do it.
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbrock100 View Post
That's not the Mod Squad's fault. The game never utilized this feature well at all. If there's anyone you want to sign to a written deal that is set to Freelancer, just go into the editor and change their loyalty from freelancer to none. The workers set this way will get hired maybe once after their contracts run out then sit there for a few years as unemployed before they drop that status on their own.
Unread 03-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
That's not the Mod Squad's fault. The game never utilized this feature well at all. If there's anyone you want to sign to a written deal that is set to Freelancer, just go into the editor and change their loyalty from freelancer to none. The workers set this way will get hired maybe once after their contracts run out then sit there for a few years as unemployed before they drop that status on their own.
I haven't really thought about how I want to handle it. Currently, my plan for Cornette is to not use him in an on-air role, but as a road agent. I may just let him go after this next 6 months.
Unread 03-27-2019, 07:10 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinux View Post
I haven't really thought about how I want to handle it. Currently, my plan for Cornette is to not use him in an on-air role, but as a road agent. I may just let him go after this next 6 months.
Oh, I forgot Cornette is set that way and was referring to wrestlers. If you want Smokey Mountain Wrestling to open, he'd need to be kept as a Freelancer. If you have a story you want to use him for, you would need to drop that and maybe sign him to a written deal that ends right before SMW opens. I'd have to go check the data to see if he's set as mandatory owner or not, but I think he is so he has to be available on the 1st of the month when they debut for them to open at all.