Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-20-2018, 02:02 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmmafan View Post
Hi guys i have a problem with my license, I bought the game a few days ago and have been really enjoying playing as BCF or PRIDE as they are now called .

Anyway i had to reboot my PC because of a problem with windows and now my license is no longer working, can somebody please help.

Thank you.
If you didn't unlicense before rebooting your PC then you would need to contact Scott to have it freed up. This is covered in the FAQ in the WMMA5 Technical Support forum.
Unread 10-20-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
If you didn't unlicense before rebooting your PC then you would need to contact Scott to have it freed up. This is covered in the FAQ in the WMMA5 Technical Support forum.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
Unread 10-24-2018, 05:54 AM

Who do I contact to recover my license for a game? The hard drive my copy of WMMA5 was on bit it pretty hard and I need to reinstall on a drive of the computer that wokrs.
Unread 10-24-2018, 06:06 AM
GDS Developer

See the Technical Support forum, there's a FAQ dedicated to licensing.
Unread 10-24-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
See the Technical Support forum, there's a FAQ dedicated to licensing.
Crisis averted actually. Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to see if reinstalling WMMA5 on the computer would work since my appdata, program files, and whatnot are on a different drive than the one that crashed. Lo and behold, it's running fine. I guess the license file isn't kept with the standard install directory.

...Or I just got incredibly lucky. Either way, counting my blessings.
Unread 10-24-2018, 05:47 PM

quick question: modding: can i set up future cards, so that when you begin the game there are future scheduled events? you start off as say ONE and you see UFC 230 is ready to go in a week.

if so, how do i set it up? cuz right now it's telling me i got critical errors: "shows that havent happend yet are in the database."
Unread 10-25-2018, 03:29 AM
GDS Developer

You can't: that's what the message you're receiving is telling you.
Unread 10-31-2018, 04:45 AM
Minor League

Hi,

I haven't been around here for a while. And since I'm still occasionally playing WMMA 3 I wanted to ask about some weaknesses back then and if WMMA 5 has progressed since then. ;-)

1. How good is the artificial intelligence of the competing promotions? In #3 they barely brought me any refreshing uncomfort as soon as I raised to National. ;-)

2. My last long-term game ended when I couldn't advance beyond (I think) 2030. Which was sad, because I had a cool new generation going. - Is it possible to Play #5 to "infinity"?

3. The HoF was imo always limited to the pre-destined original star fighters of the game. I had a lot of regen-legends, who even surpassed the Murilho-generation, but was never included. Is this changed?

Thanks for your time!

My compliments. After all those years the game still is fun to play. =)
Unread 11-06-2018, 09:43 PM

Roughly when will a company be willing to sell after falling in debt? I editted GAMMA to negative funds so I can buy them out just wondering how long that usually takes
Unread 11-07-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe View Post
Roughly when will a company be willing to sell after falling in debt? I editted GAMMA to negative funds so I can buy them out just wondering how long that usually takes
I don't have a hard and set date, but it feels like they need to be losing money every month for like, a year. WEFF was about 300 grand in the hole before they finally sold off to me.
Unread 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Not sure if this is where this question goes, but: Anyone know how to save the large version of fighter headshots from the new designed UFC website? The smaller thumbnail version is available for right click -> saving, but I can't find the blown up version anywhere on the new design
Unread 11-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStyles View Post
Not sure if this is where this question goes, but: Anyone know how to save the large version of fighter headshots from the new designed UFC website? The smaller thumbnail version is available for right click -> saving, but I can't find the blown up version anywhere on the new design
One workaround to this issue is go to the image you're trying to save. It can be the image itself, or it can be the image as it is shown on a web page. Press the "PrtScr" button at the top of your keyboard. It should be located next to the F12 button. This will cause your computer to save the screenshot of the screen you are currently looking at. You can then open Windows Paint and paste the image to Windows Paint. Crop the image to your liking. Save.

JGA
Unread 11-17-2018, 07:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStyles View Post
They don't use pure headshots anymore, apparently. It's a dynamic frame. Looks like they kinda went lower quality with the site, probably to optimize it for mobile devices. I don't like it that much, apart from the improved matchup screen (with actual stats).
Unread 11-18-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
They don't use pure headshots anymore, apparently. It's a dynamic frame. Looks like they kinda went lower quality with the site, probably to optimize it for mobile devices. I don't like it that much, apart from the improved matchup screen (with actual stats).
since my post, i've found that right clicking and "Inspect"ing the page, and searching for their name backwards shows the headshot

for example "Adesanya_Israel" and you would find his headshot in full size

but without doing inspect page, can't actually find it on the web page itself. bit of a pain in the ass but what can you do
Unread Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Hall of Fame

In the end itís only 300x you need. The new fullbodies are sufficient enough for good quality.