Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Low Minors

Thank you so much for the hard work! I can't wait to play this mod!

How up-to-date are fighter stats? This was always my biggest issue with previous real world mods. A lot of fighters were just WAY off in terms of abilities, or lack thereof.
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan View Post
So version 1.3 is up. Changes from the original 1.0 are:
  • Floyd Mayweather Jr.
  • Logan Paul
  • KSI
  • Fixed some wrong fight results.
  • Fixed some fighters in wrong weightclasses
  • Updated UFC records (There was an issue where all the Octagon records were still from May 2018.)
  • Updated UFC cuts and signings to november 5th
  • Updated some more fighter profiles. (Momentum, home region, etc)
  • Nerfed some OP prospects.
  • Small add to the picture pack.
  • Added the SBG vs Khabib in relationships.
  • Added TJ vs Cody in relationships.
  • Cleaned up some smaller stuff.
Thanks so much!, just went to make the record changes myself but just saw this, appreciate the work a lot and will let you know if there is any other errors.
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapCee View Post

How up-to-date are fighter stats? This was always my biggest issue with previous real world mods. A lot of fighters were just WAY off in terms of abilities, or lack thereof.
From me who's played it, I would say they are good but a few i'm going to change are Adesanya, Hooker, Khabib, Askren, Zabit etc.
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xience View Post
Solid working, much appreciated.

One thing I would say is, especially in terms of doing these updates is to just upload the database and pictures folders as opposed to including the WMMA5.exe installer too, just taking up an unnecessary 400+MB of space each time when 99% of people who download the mod will already have the game installed.

On a side note, I know it wasn't you who done the pic pack for some fighters but for what it's worth I think the original template (Tags grey background face and body template) look much better than the white background cuts etc. That's just personal preference on my part though but I think it looks much more clean to all have that style as opposed to some grey, some white and some pics just cropped from a random pic etc.
I'm updating the pic pack so that it's all using my background plus about 400 new Free Pictures for regen characters that I'll either just drop separately or let MacGowan just incorporate into the mod, depending on his preference. I am a big fan of uniform graphics.
Unread 11-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag01 View Post
I'm updating the pic pack so that it's all using my background plus about 400 new Free Pictures for regen characters that I'll either just drop separately or let MacGowan just incorporate into the mod, depending on his preference. I am a big fan of uniform graphics.
Brilliant, glad to hear that!

Yeah, I love uniform graphics, so much better looking and easy on the eye.
Unread 11-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Rookie

Great Job ! A big thanks also to Tag01 for the ''Base Work'' of the RW mod and also MacGowan and the others for the big update !
Unread 11-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny111 View Post
money ERA of MMA.. Mayweather is very famous, but in my opinion Tenshin Nasukawa is real deal.. only 20 yo.. excellent standup game, kicks, flying knees..
Well you could make a special rules event to give Floyd a winning chance . Floyd has some pretty solid stats in head movement, footwork, guard defence. I wanted to have them higher, but considering the small gloves I think he's at a good spot.

It feels kind of silly to add these 3 in, but I have to be honest. If I woke up tomorrow and Golden Boy Promotions had booked Logan Paul and KSI I would'nt be surprised.
Quote:
- add Russian Cagefighting Championship promotion
I think TAG01 said something about promotions snagging up all the free agents if there are too many of them. Also slowing down the loading time considerably. I have tried to mitigate that with these 3 new promotions
Quote:
idk about changing fighters popularity.. for example after Mcgregor fight, Khabib is international star... or Derrick Lewis and his famous "hot balls".. and others.. Adesanya, Cejudo.. I will take a look at db, and post some ..
I did change a lot of popularity stats.
Quote:
Solid working, much appreciated.
You're welcome. Hopefully it works like it's supposed to
Quote:
One thing I would say is, especially in terms of doing these updates is to just upload the database and pictures folders as opposed to including the WMMA5.exe installer too, just taking up an unnecessary 400+MB of space each time when 99% of people who download the mod will already have the game installed.
Actually I've posted this on the Operationsports UFC forum too and I do believe at least 2 people have started playing with this game as their entry point.

Also, all these updates were supposed to be the final one. With 1.3 being the final one.

Quote:
On a side note, I know it wasn't you who done the pic pack for some fighters but for what it's worth I think the original template (Tags grey background face and body template) look much better than the white background cuts etc. That's just personal preference on my part though but I think it looks much more clean to all have that style as opposed to some grey, some white and some pics just cropped from a random pic etc.
I do agree and asides from the Kingdamo's pic pack every picture I added is on grey background with the frame.

But I had to make a decision: Damo's pic pack was a lot newer. The pictures look fresh and clean, and some of the grey backgrounds don't. I would spend all my time on it if I decided to iron this out.
Quote:
Hope it works like it's supposed to! I'm getting ready to start a ContenderEA game.
Quote:
Hard to say. I looked through a bunch, and changed alot of them. Thank you, Danny for spotting out some issues.
but there are just too many for one person. over 4000 fighters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJonesGOAT View Post
Thanks so much!, just went to make the record changes myself but just saw this, appreciate the work a lot and will let you know if there is any other errors.
just pissed me off that I let that one through. Bellator, etc still mostly have their old records. grumble.
Quote:
Nice!
The way I view it is this is "open source". So I can build on your mod, anyone here can take this mod and tear it down for spear parts, or continue it. But everytime I blink this mod will be outdated. I'll wake up tomorrow and someone is cut from the UFC. Not to mention that you can start updating Asian regional fighters and by the time you've reached the top of the UFC the Asian regional fighters are outdated again.

In any case do believe 1.3 is the last version from me. atleast for the time being.
Unread 11-06-2018, 09:11 PM

So what's wrong with the download? It has Israel Adesanya as 9-0, Askren is 15-0 and signed to One FC, Stipe Miocic is HW champ, and the last UFC ppv was 220 (Miocic vs Ngannou). I have wasted a good two hours tonight trying to figure out what I did wrong. Help would be much appreciated, I have been looking forward to this mod.
Unread 11-06-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHammer View Post
So what's wrong with the download? It has Israel Adesanya as 9-0, Askren is 15-0 and signed to One FC, Stipe Miocic is HW champ, and the last UFC ppv was 220 (Miocic vs Ngannou). I have wasted a good two hours tonight trying to figure out what I did wrong. Help would be much appreciated, I have been looking forward to this mod.
Are you sure you've selected the correct mod? Sounds like you're on a version of Modern Warrior.

1. press the database window.
2. select RealWorld
3. make sure it's 1.3

if this doesn't work maybe delete all the Modern Warrior versions, and this Real World Mod, and try installing it again.

Last edited by MacGowan : 11-06-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 11-07-2018, 03:21 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Could I request some of the glory roster who havenít been cut tag please?
Unread 11-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Low Minors

Minor issue that I reported a long time ago and was never changed.

Invicta's Atomweight class is in the database as 100-105, but it's supposed to be 90-105. Since the belt is in with the correct 90-105 weight limits, this causes the AI to create a second Atomweight Championship and the original title is never defended.

p.s. Thanks a ton for the update. Been looking to get back into playing. Will have to bring my laptop to work tonight and dive deep into a new game.
Unread 11-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattu29 View Post
Could I request some of the glory roster who havenít been cut tag please?
I pretty much have everyone and I didn't keep any kind of list of who is in or out, sorry.
Unread 11-07-2018, 11:50 PM

ufc abi=out to cut the flyweight division and has cut jose torres and jarred brooks https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/...ision-mma-news
Unread 11-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
I pretty much have everyone and I didn't keep any kind of list of who is in or out, sorry.
Thatís awesome! Hoping my thread fills up with the names to faces that you guys cut for the game
Unread 11-09-2018, 10:42 AM

What are the next steps for version 1.4?