Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-21-2019, 01:41 AM
Low Minors

I feel like this hasn't been talked about enough...

Quote:
To give just one example, a tester reported that SWF managed to turn Jefferson Stardust into a star by strapping a rocket to him and getting him from 58 to 81 popularity in a twelve month period.
If Adam has finally cracked the problem of the AI being almost totally unable to make new stars in pop > perf companies that could be a literal game changer.
Unread 08-21-2019, 02:10 AM
Low Minors

I always hated how stagnant the game world seemed to stay. Sounds like the AI will be a lot better at creating new stars and taking the game to unpredictable places occasionally. This is a great thing!
Unread 08-21-2019, 02:11 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post

If Adam has finally cracked the problem of the AI being almost totally unable to make new stars in pop > perf companies that could be a literal game changer.
I 100% agree! This was always the reason I got bored with games.
Unread 08-21-2019, 03:26 AM

Love the disposition strictness. This opens up so many possibilities.

I have a quick question in relation to an earlier entry. It was announced in journal entry 69 that we can now edit chemistry. Just wondering if this extends to announcer chemistry / experience level.

I hate starting a game and spending a lot of time on it only to discover that an obvious announcer experience level has been missed and having the choice of either starting again or leaving it as is as there’s currently no way to correct it.
Unread 08-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Low Minors

The toughest thing about A.I in TEW16 is that high ranking companies just sign all of the good talent to written contracts & they ALWAYS have crazy high rated matches. I had a 94 save where All Japan literally booked Misawa & Kobashi vs Holy Demon Army about 30 times in a year. Only reason they stopped was because Kobashi & Misawa got injured & then I stole them all away from All Japan a year later. So yeah, they don't build stars very often, if ever. A.I just kinda uses high rated pop wrestlers until they are too old. Then the company just struggles to make more high pop wrestlers.
Unread 08-21-2019, 12:38 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
So, with the new gimmick system, can I reuse gimmick names for multiple wrestlers?
Yes, you can.
Unread 08-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Star

That is awesome. Thank you.
Unread 08-22-2019, 04:50 AM
Phenom

I have sort of a request.

It's also like the last thing to get done so may not even be able to happen yet.

But would Adam be open to feeding us random tidbits of character development from across the globe, like not their full bio but stuff like Character X has signed with Company Y. Character X has become ME in their company. Just drip feed us CVerse information like the crackheads we are.
Unread 08-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPlus View Post
I have sort of a request.

It's also like the last thing to get done so may not even be able to happen yet.

But would Adam be open to feeding us random tidbits of character development from across the globe, like not their full bio but stuff like Character X has signed with Company Y. Character X has become ME in their company. Just drip feed us CVerse information like the crackheads we are.
From my understanding, he hasn't started working on the Database yet. Historically, that's the last thing to be touched -- he's just working with a converted version of the last database. So it might be kind of hard to do that.
Unread 08-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

I'm on the Dev Team and I don't even know what Adam's planning for the Cornellverse yet. So whenm I join in on the predictions, I'm jumping in just as blind as the rest of us. I also love seeing what people come up with too..... so many fun ideas that I can potentially steal for alternate timelines and fun game ideas.
Unread 08-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Technically, all of his changes are literal game changers.
Unread 08-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Phenom

Oh I figured that was the case. That actually making features rounded out and what not would be the first priority and then updating the database would be the last part.

But more when that time comes and progress there happens it would be nice if updates didn't end, but more game world snippets were released.
Unread 08-24-2019, 09:55 PM
Super Star

Quote:

This is my favorite post since June. This has me extremely excited.
Unread 08-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Low Minors

The Gimmick system sounds like a full win from me! I didn't even know gimmicks in 2016 had pros & cons. Sounds like 2020 will be more clear about these aspects.
Unread 08-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Banned

New gimmick feature sounds ridiculously fun like a monumental improvement over the previous system.

It actually might the most signficiant change to date, as having wildly different and randomized gimmick effects which fundamentally affect the booking of the worker differentiates workers more than ever before.

I’m actually super, super excited to play with this and will lean towards more Creative gimmicks for my pet projects because of this.