Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-31-2017, 02:18 PM
Super Star

Default The War to End All Wars! (An alternate history of pro wrestling)

Prologue #1:

February 1987

A board meeting at the Connecticut headquarters of the World Wrestling Federation...

Vince McMahon stands at the head of a large conference table. Seated around the table are announcer Gorilla Monsoon, lead road agent George Scott, color commentator Lord Alfred Hayes, longtime manager and occasional booker the Grand Wizard and the father and son production team of Dennis and Kevin Dunn. Vince's wife Linda looks on from across the room as a TV on the desk behind Vince shows a VHS tape of recent highlights from the WWF's flagship program PrimeTime Wrestling...

WWF owner Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Monsoon: "I'm just saying Vince, after what happened with the Sheik down in Georgia we need to be safe just incase, you know..."

A visibly irritated McMahon interrupts...

McMahon: "Hogan is our champion g** d****t! You've seen those crowds. You see the ratings...and the merch numbers are through the roof!"

Grand Wizard: "Monsoon's got a point Vince. After what happened, Barnett is barely hanging on right now..."

McMahon: "He's a dinosaur anyway."

Scott: "He lost all his TV..."

McMahon: "..a relic..."

Hayes: "A lot of his top stars have abandoned him..."

McMahon: "..an over the hill relic.."

Monsoon: "You saw Ted Koppel's report on Nightline..."

McMahon: "Fine...Fine!! FINE!!! Who do you guys have in mind then? Huh, Ventura? Muraco?

Dennis Dunn: "What about Blackjack?"

McMahon: "Mulligan is at the end...another holdover from a dead era of 'wrasslin."

Kevin Dunn: "How about The Ultim---"

McMahon: "Shut up Kevin...he's a head case and worse than Hogan! Look, Ventura, Snuka, Mulligan, Muraco are all past their primes. Piper might never wrestle again, and Tommy-Mania was a flash in the pan, and I love Andre for everything he's done here but cripes he can barely walk to the ring at this point. Hogan is our champion and that's final!"

Monsoon: "I think your forgetting someone Vince."

Monsoon sits in a WWF Board Meeting

McMahon: "No!"

Monsoon: "He's over Vince..."

McMahon: "What is he like 5'8"?"

Monsoon: "He can cut one helleva promo..."

McMahon: "I got socks bigger than him..."

Monsoon: "He connects with the fans Vince, and he can go in the ring..."

McMahon: "Fine! We'll keep him strong...'just in case'..."

As if on cue, the highlight tape lingers on highlights of Gorilla Monsoon's favorite wrestler, the top heel in the World Wrestling Federation...

The Nature Boy...Tully Blanchard!

The Nature Boy will be leaving with your girlfriend tonight

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 10-31-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Super Star

Prologue #2:

December 1986

A dreary winter's evening in Georgia and we are at the Savannah Civic Center. It's 20 minutes before the gates open for an untelevised house show from Georgia Championship Wrestling. It's one day after ABC's late night news show Nightline with Ted Koppel ran a 30 minute episode titled "Roids, Rails and Rings - Behind the Curtain of Professional Wrestling" . During the episode, The Iron Sheik gave a tell all interview about the heavy usage of steroids and cocaine in the GCW locker room, accusing both former and current Georgia wrestlers of heavy drug abuse. By noon the next day, sponsors were pulling out of GCW, the promotion lost their local TV deal and several wrestlers turned in their notice.

GCW Owner Jim Barnett

Popular babyface Jerry Brisco walks into the heels locker room, immediately ducking as chair wizzes by his head. He looks across the room to see an enraged Ole Anderson destroying the place while GCW owner Jim Barnett tried to calm him down...

Ole: "What the **** do you mean everything will be alright?!?"

Barnett: "We'll work through it Ole."

Anderson rips off his t-shirt and punches a locker, leaving a softball sized dent in the locker door...

Ole: "I told you not to ******* hire that piece of **** Sheik rip-off! He's always been a ******* pile of ******* ***"

Barnett: "Ole look..."

Anderson picks up one of the locker room benches and chucks it against the wall then turns to Jerry Brisco...

Ole: "And what the **** do you ******* want?"

Ole Anderson circa 1983...he thinks your the drizzling *****

Brisco (tries to) ignore the now fuming Anderson and speaks to Jim Barnett...

Brisco: "Look Jim we go way back, but I'm sorry, I got no choice..."

Brisco backs slowly towards the door as Ole kicks another locker, leaving another massive dent and nearly knocking over the whole row of lockers...

Brisco: "Look Jim I'll do a job tonight if you want but after that...you understand..."

Ole: "Yeah, run to Vince like your ******* turncoat brother Jack ya little..."

Barnett: "That's enough Ole. I understand Jerry. Just go, don't worry about your match tonight."

Brisco: "I'm sorry Jim but look, Vince is killing us...Turner's WCW is killing us...nothing's been the same since Crockett went out of business. Maybe our time is over Jim."

Ole Anderson is now literally foaming at the mouth. Brisco darts out of the locker room just in time to avoid another steel chair being thrown at his head by Ole...intentionally this time!

Barnett: "You gotta switch to decaf brother..."

Ole growls and picks up another chair...

Barnett: "Or try listening to some Wang Chung...they're very soothing you know..."

Ole calms down with his old friend's attempt at humor. The two share a giggle that eventually turns to a hearty belly laugh...

Barnett: "This isn't over Ole, not by a longshot."

Ole: "Like Dusty said...this thing will never be over!"

Chart topping Wang Chung - Not Ole Anderson's favorite band

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 10-31-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:25 PM
Minor League

Everything about this is awesome.
Unread 10-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Super Star

(required OOC post): Hey everyone it's my sorta annual attempt at TEW diary. For this game I am using the excellent Death of the Territories mod by TCP1, download and play it!

I started the game trying a 0/0/0/0 challenge and wanted to use a historical mod, however, I didn't make it too far before going bankrupt . I was going to just delete the save until I started looking around and seeing all the changes to the wrestling world compared to our "real" history and decided to keep going. I am now all the way into the Fall of 1987 (not gonna say which promotion I am running right now) and boy is the wrestling landscape interesting...Hulk Hogan is the WWF champion, but not a whole lot else is what you would expect. For the foreseeable future I will be posting month by month recaps of all the major goings on in wrestling, some awesome some tragic. This format seemed to go well in the TEW 2013 section with my Different Kind of Attitude diary, so we'll try it again here.

A few quick notes: I have made a few changes to the default database, and at times have jumped into the editor to make some changes (edit relationships, add wrestlers, raise or lower a promotions money etc.) I also set the game to generate random workers at a very low level starting in January 1983, as of late 1987 only a few have made a minor impact, but curious to see how they all fare over time.

Feel free to jump in with comments or questions about your favorite wrestlers or promotions, but keep in mind I may have to not give a full answer if doing so results in spoilers moving forward.

I started the game using a fictional wrestler/promoter named JD Greene opening a backyard promotion called River City Wrestling. After that I jumped around to run various promotions, I'll keep you updated on who I am in charge of as time goes on...and now without further adieu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossface View Post
Everything about this is awesome.
Thanks and welcome aboard...
Unread 10-31-2017, 04:00 PM
Super Star

THE WAR TO END ALL WARS!

This diary will recap the history of professional wrestling during the 1980s and beyond (if we make it that far), specifically starting in 1983 with the death of the territory system and the all-out scramble for talent and the #1 spot in the wrestling rankings. This diary will focus mainly on the American wrestling scene, although we will touch on events outside the US when they are merited. Also, we will follow the journey of smalltime wannabe wrestler/promoter JD Greene as he tries to crack into the wrestling elite. Will he survive or become a footnote in history? Monthly recaps will begin later tonight!

Aspiring wrestler/promoter JD Greene...He'll either become a big star or move back into his parent's basement

Up Next: Early 1983...Prelude to the War!

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 10-31-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Unread 11-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Super Star

As we enter 1983, Ric Flair is more than a year into his first run with the NWA World title, defending the belt in his 'home' territory of Jim Crockett Promotions and in NWA affiliated promotions worldwide...Georgia Championship Wrestling (TBS) and Joe Blanchard's SWCW (USA Network) are on national cable television...Verne Gagne is slowly, begrudgingly, introducing some younger talent into the AWA like Rick Martel and Hulk "Thunderlips" Hogan...Dusty Rhodes is the man in Florida, WCCW is on fire thanks to the long running Von Erich vs Freebirds feud while The Rat Pack (Ted Dibiase, Jim Duggan and Tony Borne) are the top heels in Bill Watts' Mid-South territory...meanwhile in the Northeast, Vincent K. McMahon (and wife Linda) have recently purchased the WWF from Vince's ailing father and are in the process of assuming complete control of the promotion...

Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips in the 1982 blockbuster Rocky III

January 1983:

News and Notes:

Vince McMahon inks a deal with the fledgling SportsChannel America to broadcast WWF All-Star Wrestling across the US...Andre the Giant suffers a Ruptured Achilles Tendon and misses six months of action...Jim Barnett raises eyebrows signing several top stars to exclusive deals including Austin Idol from CWA (Memphis), Jesse Ventura and Ken Patera from the AWA, Jimmy Snuka and the Iron Sheik from the WWF and Sgt. Slaughter from Jim Crockett Promotions...Mitsuharu Misawa and Bruiser Brody trade the top title in All-Japan Pro Wrestling in a pair of stellar matches...The Rat Pack breaks up in Mid-South with Jim Duggan turning face and feuding with his former partners, Dibiase and Borne

Andre the Giant breaks the news of his injury on an episode of All-Star Wrestling

WWF:
The Strongbows make several defenses of the WWF Tag Team titles during January...Bob Backlund defeats the returning Ivan Putski to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title in the WWF's big end of the month show

GCW:
With the influx of new talent, GCW heats up with some of the best wrestling TV in recent memory...Tommy Rich turns his back on the fans and forms a tag team with hated villain Austin Idol...the two win the NWA National Tag Team titles and defend them successfully in the main event of GCW's monthly Omni Super Show defeating Assassin #1 and Ricky Steamboat

JCP:
Ric Flair and Roddy Piper have an entertaining feud on TV in the Carolinas...Flair becomes a dual champion when he and longtime ally Greg Valentine defeat Kevin Von Erich and Wahoo McDaniel to win the vacant NWA World Tag Team titles after Sgt. Slaughter (who held the belts with Don Kernoodle) bolts for Georgia

NWA:
Ric Flair defeats Dusty Rhodes at the Superbowl of Wrestling in Florida (CWF) in a MOTY candidate (99) to retain the NWA World title

RCW:
River City Wrestling holds it's debut show, Birth of a Legend, in front of a raucous crowd of 10 fans in Pittsburgh, Pa...In the main event, journeyman Bruiser Costa defeats Doug Vines by DQ...WWF jobber -um- Superstar Frankie Williams makes a special appearance...Williams is challenged by JD Greene who pins Williams after using a pair of Brass Knuckles!

WWF Superstar Frankie Williams appears at RCW's debut show

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-01-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Unread 11-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Super Star

From the January 1993 edition of the Wrestling Observer magazine...

Flashback!

It was 10 years ago this month that, in a shocking move, the WWF announced the release of long time manager The Grand Wizard of Wrestling. The news was broke by Vince McMahon himself on an episode of the syndicated WWF Wrestling Challenge

No reason was given for the release with McMahon only saying on-air, "The Grand Wizard has moved on, the WWF wishes him well whatever path he may choose."

Although The Grand Wizard would make sporadic appearances over the next year and a half in a handful of regional promotions, he was largely out of the national spotlight. The Grand Wizard looked thinner yet more healthy upon his return to the WWF in the summer of 1984. While the neither the WWF or The Grand Wizard have commented on his hiatus, many have speculated that The Wiz took time off to address health issues. But a more strange and sinister urban legend has developed over the past decade...that the "first" Grand Wizard passed on and that the Grand Wizard that returned in 1984 was an imposter! Unless The Grand Wizard himself ever speaks out, and that's unlikely at this point, we may never know!

The Grand Wizard's final appearance in 1983

The Grand Wizard after his return 17 months later...are they the same man?

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-02-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Unread 11-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Super Star

February 1983:

News and Notes:

Kevin Von Erich and The Great Kabuki have a falling out in WCCW leading to bitter real life feud between the two...Kabuki would be released from WCCW a month later, but would briefly return to the company a year and a half later...30 year old wrestler Wendell Cooley dies in a tragic accident...20 year old Donald Texas (randomly created wrestler) enters wrestling, working as headliner for RCW (as Donnie Texas) and an enhancement talent for the AWA...Ted Dibiase leaves Mid-South Wrestling in a shocking move and signs an exclusive deal to wrestle for promoter Jim Barnett and Georgia Championship Wrestling...the move strains the relationship between Bill Watts, Jim Barnett and the rest of the NWA promoters who tried to block the move...Along with Dibiase, GCW signs Robert Gibson, Rocky Johnson and Dick Murdoch to exclusive deals...in the AWA, Rocky III star Hulk Hogan forms a mid-card tag team with Jerry Blackwell, while popular babyface Rick Martel defeats Nick Bockwinkel for the AWA World title...In Memphis, Jerry Lawler has an entertaining feud with Jacques Rougeau while the promotion's lower level title, the Mid-America Heavyweight title is held by Sabu the Wildman, the recently debuted nephew of the original Sheik...reeling from the loss of top star Ted Dibiase, Mid-South turns to the Junkyard Dog to take over as the promotions top fan favorite...Bruiser Brody has a high profile run in WCCW, while David Von Erich retains the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title.

Rick Martel is the new AWA World Champion

WWF:
After months of lukewarm crowd reactions, WWF World Champion snaps on an episode of All-Star Wrestling, turning heel, attacking his former friend Tony Atlas and ripping the fans for their "disrespect" for the self-proclaimed "Best Athlete of the Decade"...Atlas would team with Pedro Morales to beat Backlund and Masked Superstar at the WWF's End of the Month Show in Boston Gardens..."Superstar" Billy Graham ends his comeback with the WWF, leaving the company...Graham would spend the next two years appearing mostly in NWA territories

Bob Backlund...from All-American Hero to bitter veteran!

GCW:
Despite a month of great television, GCW's monthly Omni Super Show is a bust (54)...Tommy Rich continues his tag team run alongside Austin Idol, defending the NWA National Tag Team titles on several occasions against teams such as Jake Roberts & Dr. Tom Pritchard and Brett Sawyer & The Assassin...Ted Dibiase debuts as a babyface and "mystery opponent" for Larry Zbyszko on GCW's weekly TBS television broadcast

Jake Roberts battles a bloody Tommy Rich during a Tag Team title match in Georgia

JCP:
Crockett is still unable to secure a national TV deal despite some great TV in February...Valentine and Flair feud with the Briscos over the NWA World Tag Team titles...Roddy Piper loses to Ricky Steamboat in the match of the month on television

NWA:
Ric Flair retains the NWA World title against Jerry Brisco in Puerto Rico at a show held by the World Wrestling Council

RCW:
No shows for RCW this month as they try to recoup their losses from Birth of a Legend by selling homemade t-shirts to their adoring fans...RCW signs the Verne Gagne trained Donald Texas to appear at their next event

Unknown rookie Donald Texas...will he lead RCW to greatness?

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-02-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Unread 11-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Star

March 1983

News and Notes:

Bruiser Brody's run in WCCW comes to an end when he collapses backstage after a match with Terry Gordy, Brody would be diagnosed with multiple concussion syndrome and miss over a year from wrestling...

Brody celebrates his win over Terry Gordy...it would be his last match for over a year

...reportedly due to financial struggles, Puerto Rico based WWC releases nearly half it's roster...Vince McMahon begins restricting bookings for his top stars into other promotions, leading to a hostile relationship with nearly all the NWA promoters...outside of Bockwinkel and Wahoo McDaniel the AWA struggles with show quality...despite his lower card status, rookie Donnie Texas works a main event match in the AWA less than a month after his debut, losing to Wahoo McDaniel on a weekly tour show in Michigan...In Memphis, Randy Savage, the son of promoter Angelo Poffo, proves to be a rising star...Savage appears in two televised main events, although he loses both...

Randy Savage gets nuts during an interview with Lance Russell on Memphis TV

...Mid-South continues to ride it's small stable of top stars, with JYD, Jim Duggan, or the Von Erichs featured in every main event for the month..."Superstar" Billy Graham and Buzz Sawyer pick up a DQ win over the Von Erichs in the match of the month for WCCW (93)

WWF:
Tony Atlas is pushed to a main event role but struggles with mediocre match quality as Vince McMahon continues to search for a main event babyface to take over at the top of the promotion...Heel Bob Backlund would beat Atlas at the end of the month show to retain the WWF World title

GCW:
Georgia continues to be the hottest territory in wrestling, putting on the best shows for March...Idol and Rich make several more defenses of the NWA National Tag Team titles while riling up fans across Georgia...Ole Anderson continues his successful run as a main event fan favorite feuding mainly with Larry Zbyszko

Austin Idol and Tommy Rich celebrate another successful Tag Team title defense

JCP:
A surprisingly quiet month for Crockett...With Ric Flair touring various NWA territories with the NWA World title, Terry Funk gets a run in the main event...JCP holds Final Conflict at the DC Armory, with Jos Leduc and Roddy Piper defeating the team of Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood in the main event

NWA:
Ric Flair defeats Jacques Rougeau in Arkansas to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title

RCW:
River City Wrestling hold it's second event, RCW Live! in front of a staggering 15 fans...Doug Vines defeats Farmer Boy Ipo for the vacant RCW Heavyweight title...in the main event, Donald Texas defeats JD Greene in a thrilling match (30)...fun fact: there were three times as many paying fans (15) as wrestlers (5) on the show

Farmer Boy Ipo battles Doug Vines for the "prestigious" RCW Heavyweight title!

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-03-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 11-04-2017, 11:58 PM
Super Star

April 1983

News and Notes:

Due to sagging ratings, Joe Blanchard's Southwest Championship Wrestling is not renewed by the USA Network...

Veteran Bob Sweetan is interviewed on the last episode of Southwest Championship Wrestling to ever air on the USA Network

...The Masked Superstar (Bill Eadie) is sidelined for 6 months with a ruptured Achilles Tendon...Young up and coming Irish wrestler Dave 'Fit' Finlay gets divorced from his wife and valet Princess Paula...Bulldog Dick Brower retires from active wrestling, he'd go on to work for AJPW for several years doing English voice-over work for AJPW VHS tapes sold in the US...Ricky Steamboat and the Funk brothers, Terry and Dory Jr., leave Jim Crockett Promotions...all three are freelancers who leave on good terms, but it's a talent loss that hurts JCP...they are replaced with Dutch Mantell, Tony Garea and Don Bass, that's not a fair trade...an injury sidelines AWA World champion Rick Martel and a now heel Hulk Hogan wins the vacant AWA title, defeating popular mid-carder Mike Graham at a tour show in Rochester, MN...His title run would last only 4 months and be quite forgettable...

Hogan wins the AWA World title but still isn't a top draw

...Moondog Spot would win back the AWA Southern Heavyweight title (Memphis) and defend the belt with wins over Randy Savage and Jack Brisco...Ric Flair begins a tour with New Japan Pro Wrestling, tearing down the house in a series of matches with the likes of Akira Maeda and Riki Choshu, as well as teaming up with Antonio Inoki for a series of tag team matches...over in AJPW, Genichiro Tenryu wins the AJPW Champions Carnival...Butch Reed gets a string of main event matches in Mid-South...Reed also shows up in Texas, losing to NWA Texas Heavyweight champion David Von Erich

WWF:
A fairly uneventful and uninteresting month in the WWF is highlighted by Bob Backlund defeating Big John Studd to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title in Madison Square Garden in a fantastic match (90)...Bob Backlund signs Captain Lou Albano as his manager, replacing the popular Arnold Skaaland

GCW:
Although still putting on quality shows, GCW cools off a bit in April...veteran Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka upsets Ted Dibiase at the Omni to win the NWA National Heavyweight championship

Ted Dibiase talks about his upcoming NWA National Heavyweight title defense against Jimmy Snuka...aired April 1983 on Superstation TBS

JCP:
JCP holds the annual Crockett Cup tag team tournament and it's a failure of a show (54)...Kevin Von Erich and Jay Youngblood defeat Big John Studd and Samoan #2 (Sika) for the Crockett Cup...the aging but still massively popular Wahoo McDaniel along with Roddy Piper are carrying the promotion at this point

NWA:
Ric Flair retains the NWA World title by beating Timothy Flowers in Canada and then going to a no-contest with Pedro Morales in Puerto Rico

RCW:
No event for RCW this month as promoter JD Greene plots his next move!

JD Greene takes to driving a jitney to raise money for the next RCW event

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-05-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Unread 11-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Low Minors

I'm digging this fa' sho'!
Unread 11-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I'm digging this fa' sho'!
Thanks Justin...won't have time to post for a few hours but May sees some MAJOR changes happening!
Unread 11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Super Star

I'll be following this JackKnifed. Really dug your TEW13 project. Are you controlling multiple companies in this one as well?
Unread 11-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
I'll be following this JackKnifed. Really dug your TEW13 project. Are you controlling multiple companies in this one as well?
Thanks crackerjack...I only run one company at a time, but jump from promotion to promotion throughout...currently I am playing the game in late 87 and I am running my 4th different company...not gonna say which ones until I get to them in the diary (might be spoilers) but I started with my doomed but memorable indie fed, RCW...May 1983 recap coming shortly
Unread 11-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Super Star

May 1983

News and Notes:

Dynamite Kid has a backstage falling out with Bret Hart in Stampede Wrestling...Kid would also suffer a torn ACL and miss half a year of wrestling...outside of a midcard run in 1985-86 with the WWF, Dynamite would spend most of the 1980's wrestling exclusively in Japan...the AWA continues it's downward trend capping off a poor month with a dismal end of month show (44) main evented by Baron Von Raschke defeating Kenny Jay (46)...

With Rick Martel injured and AWA champion Hulk Hogan not really connecting with the fans, Verne Gagne does his best to market Baron Von Raschke!

...Tommy Rogers defeats Sabu the Wildman for the NWA Mid-America title (Memphis)...also in Memphis, Randy Savage continues his main event run despite a poor win/loss record...Antonio Inoki defeats Ric Flair in Tokyo for the NJPW International Grand Prix Wrestling title in a MOTY candidate (99)...

Gaijin star Ric Flair battles Japanese icon Antonio Inoki in a legendary match for the New Japan International Grand Prix title...May 1983

...Mid-South features JYD defending the Mid-South title against a series of opponents but losing a non-title match to Buzz Sawyer in the match of the month (93)...WCCW has a solid month behind the work of Buzz Sawyer and the Von Erich brothers

WWF:
The WWF rises to cult size and Vince McMahon makes his move, raiding the NWA and signing a host of top stars to exclusive deals including Jake Roberts, Greg Valentine, Larry Zbyszko, Blackjack Mulligan, "Wildfire" Tommy Rich, Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard and Roddy Piper...the move robs Crockett, Barnett, Watts and other NWA affiliated promoters of some of their biggest draws...most of the new WWF 'superstars' wouldn't begin appearing until June 1983, but Tommy Rich makes his heavily hyped debut in mid-May, now cast as an All-American white meat babyface...in just his second match with the WWF, Rich stuns the wrestling world by ending Bob Backlund's 5-year title run with a clean win in Madison Square Garden in a superb match (97)...Rich becomes an instant main eventer and incredibly over with WWF crowds especially with women and younger fans..."Tommy-Mania" is born!...

Me: "Hey Tommy Rich, you can't just be a heel in Georgia then win the WWF title as babyface a week later!"

Wildfire: "That's were your wrong, kiddo!"

...Tommy Rich becomes only the second man (after "Nature Boy" Buddy Roberts) to win both the NWA and WWF World titles

GCW:
Tommy Rich, Jake Roberts and Larry Zbyszko all leave Georgia but GCW stays hot and is now clearly the top NWA territory and #2 promotion behind the WWF...Ken Patera and Bobby Duncum win the now vacant NWA National Tag Team titles...Jimmy Snuka runs off a series of NWA National Heavyweight title defenses against Terry Gordy, Billy Graham and Dirty Dick Slater

JCP:
With Ric Flair spending most of his time touring Japan and Piper and Valentine heading to work for Vince McMahon, JCP struggles...Wahoo McDaniel wins the NWA US Heavyweight title vacated by Greg Valentine and the Brisco Brothers begin a brief run as NWA World Tag Team champions

Veteran Wahoo McDaniel tries his best to keep Jim Crockett Promotions relevant in the fast changing world of professional wrestling

NWA:
Another shocking title change occurs as Ric Flair drops the NWA World title to little known Hercules Ayala in Puerto Rico...Flair's first (and as of late 87, only) NWA World title run lasted 20 months...rumors are emerging that Flair is about to be offered a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal to wrestle exclusively for New Japan

Almost completely unknown outside his native Puerto Rico, Hercules Ayala stuns Ric Flair to win the NWA World Heavyweight title

RCW:
No show this month as promoter JD Greene runs a bake sale to raise money for RCW's next event

Last edited by JackKnifed72 : 11-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.