Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-16-2019, 06:54 PM

Default Ring Announcers (2020)

I'm not sure why virtually every position of staff has been added but not ring announcer. Would increase the immersion imo.
Unread 07-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Rookie

Ring announcer or interviewer with appropriate segments.
Unread 07-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshspicer View Post
Ring announcer or interviewer with appropriate segments.
I agree with ring announcers being added, but interviewers are already in as personalities.
Unread 07-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Rookie

I don't like this idea because it just seems like it would be additional clutter for no appreciable gameplay difference. Has there ever been a match or angle that has been appreciably affected (for better or worse) by the quality of ring announcing? I certainly can't think of any.
Unread 07-16-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
I don't like this idea because it just seems like it would be additional clutter for no appreciable gameplay difference. Has there ever been a match or angle that has been appreciably affected (for better or worse) by the quality of ring announcing? I certainly can't think of any.
Maybe they don't have major impact, but ring announcers have to learn their craft too and not only that, they can also botch (people's names). All these things would just be subtle stuff that affects the perceived production value.
Unread 07-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Does "The Rated-R Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuouoooooooooooouuuuuuperstar"
ring any bells?

Seriously though. It's one integral part of wrestling, where the performance is hardly ever significant, but can make entrances just slightly more iconic.

Maybe Ring Announcer should have a chemistry rating with the wreslters aswell, giving the matchup or show a tiny tiny bonus or penalty. Like my example above, aswell as justin Roberts announcing John Cena...They definitely played their parts in the entrances of Edge & Cena and there are countless other examples of this in wrestling.
Unread 07-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
I agree with ring announcers being added, but interviewers are already in as personalities.
Yeah but unless you include the person in a segment (there's no segments like that already in the system) there's no actual use for them.
Unread 07-17-2019, 06:54 AM
Super Star

Quote:
RA’s would fit in perfectly with the crowd control mechanic in the game. The better the RA/Host, the less likely it is for you to lose the crowd. IRL life, their main purpose is to keep the crowd engaged.
Unread 07-17-2019, 07:02 AM
Super Star

I can see both the pros and cons of this idea. But for the sake of immersion its awesome so I support it.
Unread 07-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Super Star

Quote:
I'm with you. I always strongly oppose of this idea whenever it's brought up - strictly from the perspective of a mod maker. I'm usually right there with people when they want added immersion, but somehow I just fail to see the value in interviewers and ring announcers in a TEW game. It would be so much extra work as a mod maker for such a little return, I really, really hope this doesn't happen.
Unread 07-17-2019, 08:59 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
I'm with you. I always strongly oppose of this idea whenever it's brought up - strictly from the perspective of a mod maker. I'm usually right there with people when they want added immersion, but somehow I just fail to see the value in interviewers and ring announcers in a TEW game. It would be so much extra work as a mod maker for such a little return, I really, really hope this doesn't happen.
Mod makers have a choice to not create every single ring announcer for every company. Let the game fill in the needed staff like it does with WMMA & TEW 2016...
Unread 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Mod makers have a choice to not create every single ring announcer for every company. Let the game fill in the needed staff like it does with WMMA & TEW 2016...
Then it would take away from the immersion, which is the point of the feature, so it would become pointless to even have the feature. Also, I don't mean to have a rude tone. I just strongly disagree with this feature.
Unread 07-17-2019, 09:15 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post

The problem is that it doesnít really do a good job. Like the game world already has a huge issue with color commentators following the adding of the color stat. Not enough people in a game world get good at it which causes a huge scarcity among the legions of Cult + companies.

I feel like adding a ring announcer would exacerbate these issues, although by no means is it a bad suggestion
Unread 07-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Then it would take away from the immersion, which is the point of the feature, so it would become pointless to even have the feature. Also, I don't mean to have a rude tone. I just strongly disagree with this feature.
I donít think it would at all. No one knows who the ring announcers are for majority of those small companies which is what 80% of the mod work is going to come from.

When you have a mechanic in the game where segments effect the crowd and having too long of a show tired them out, a host whoís job in real life is to keep the crowd engaged is a important feature to have. If the game didnít have these features than yes, RAís would be just fine in the game as personalities as they are now.
Unread 07-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
The problem is that it doesnít really do a good job. Like the game world already has a huge issue with color commentators following the adding of the color stat. Not enough people in a game world get good at it which causes a huge scarcity among the legions of Cult + companies.

I feel like adding a ring announcer would exacerbate these issues, although by no means is it a bad suggestion
Iím sure these would get fix just like majority of the fixes for 2020.