Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-23-2018, 02:59 AM
Minor League

Default Bidding Wars for Struggling Companies

1. I think one feature that is needed is the ability for multiple companies to make a bid for the assets of a dying promotion. So many times I've tried to be on the lookout for a dying promoton, they will say "we arent in a position where we need help", and then I sim past a few days/weeks and I find out another company bought them out from under my nose.

I think a company buyout should work similarly to a worker contract negotiation. We should make an initial bid, and if no other promotons make a counteroffer in 2 weeks, the dying promotion gets bought out. However, if another promotion does make a counteroffer, you will be notified, and you will have up to 2 weeks to counter, or they win the bid. You should be able to withdraw your bid, and competing companies should also be able to withdraw their bid if the offer is too high.

The highest bid that a company will offer will depend on the attitude the owner has towards finances. If they are prudent or mean, they will mainly just offer to cover the main debts, and wont go too much higher. If they are Average, they will go decently higher, and if they are Flashy, they will offer much more than the company is worth.

The maximum bids from other companies will also depend on the size and prestige of the struggling company. For example, you may pay top dollar to to buy out WCW in 2001, but you wouldn't pay anywhere near the amount to buy out IWA-MS and you may even back out of an IWA-MS deal altogether if someone was trying to outbid you.
Unread 04-25-2018, 11:24 AM
All Star

I definitely feel the system needs reworking. I like your idea but it can be simplified also. The main thing is that we should be able to buy almost every company, since right now many companies prefer to die out than to sell. Heck, even the WWE bought WCW, which many thought would never happen. Granted, it happened due to Time Warner, but it still did. Another thing to add is that if a company does go bankrupt we should still be able to buy it (and choose if we want all of it or just some assets, like titles or just events, etc.) since the copyrights would still be up for grabs.

But your bidding war idea is very interesting and if the AI is made aggressive enough it sure could add a lot to the game. We'd get a chance to buy a company that is dying and the AI would have a chance to bid for it as well.
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Super Star

I would like the option to restart a promotion. If a promotion goes out of business (not bought out) but out of business, I should be able to restart it
Unread 05-19-2018, 07:11 PM
Hall of Fame

I think we have to evaluate promotion assets to really have this discussion. Companies have far more incentive to take over a promotion in TEW than in the real world.

In TEW, the most valuable asset a promotion has would be the importance/popularity, with few exceptions. Buying out a promotion gives a company a foothold in an area where they didn't have to run shows. This makes accumulating popularity for a TV Deal or a PPV deal much quicker.

In the real word, the most valuable assets a promotion has in most settlements would be the tape library. Second would probably be their intellectual property. Popularity provides a rough approximation for this. However, it isn't a direct 1:1 ratio -- in the real world, buying out a company doesn't mean that you'd be able to draw the same amount in their home base.

For example, let's say you're playing ASW, in Britain. In 2001, you purchase the bankrupt ECW. Suddenly, you have a massive base on the East Coast where you haven't run a show, and can draw 3K in the states. Within a few shows, you've got television coverage on several local American stations.

In real life, buying out and dissolving ECW wouldn't allow you to draw 3K people to the Hammerstein Ballroom. The ECW fanbase isn't interested in British Catch wrestling, and your major star, Robbie "Wildcat" Brookside, isn't very over in the States. Just because you own the Intellectual Property doesn't mean the TV execs will return your phone calls.