Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Low Minors

Default Commentary Aims

As well as match aims, perhaps we could incorporate commentary aims into the game. I find it quite limiting that stories can only advance when active participants are involved. We don't see this on TV, particularly not in years gone by. Commentary is used to advance stories even if both participants aren't involved.

Another potential commentary aim would be to get a certain talent over. For example, have the commentary team consistently put a new talent over, or protect a worker that is going to lose. I am currently watching WWF in February 2001 and every single show since the Rumble has had the commentary team put over Kane's rumble performance that year. He's losing on TV, but he is still a huge threat because look what he did three weeks ago. Sometimes, your top guys have to lose for the sake of storyline or another worker, and commentary aims would allow the player to protect certain workers without affecting match rating.

Adding this feature would also place more importance on announcer skills. Currently, a good announce/colour skill is all that is needed. Perhaps an announcer would need good psychology to advance or put over talent, while a colour would need good psychology and comedy to do the same. I think an addition like this would add a little depth to the announce teams and allow flexibility in booking storylines and talent.
Unread 05-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Major League

definitly would love to see this along with angle aims. Great way to get the commentary team invovled
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Living Legend

I love this idea.
Unread 05-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Low Minors

I meant to add in the first post that you could also use commentary to promote an upcoming event or TV show to give a temporary TV/PPV ratings boost, or use them to promote one of the company sponsors in a throwaway match to receive a small advertising revenue boost. Obviously, insufficient skill on the part of the announcers could lead to negative effects on all of these things, such as viewers turning against a worker or losing respect for the product as the announcers are too busy pushing ads rather than wrestling.