Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-04-2018, 11:38 PM

Default Help with Error 3022: Repairsettings not working

Had a power outage in game, and am getting error 3022 anytime I try to advance a day on my save.

Followed the instructions in the faq, but I hadn't been able to update to 1.05, so repairsettings doesn't work.

I figure the problem lies in the data accumulated between my last save and the time I was playing until the power outage. Is there anyway I can go in and manually remove the duplicate data?

Thanks for any help, whether confirming I need to start or a new game, or something to try and get past the error.
Unread 06-05-2018, 02:43 AM
GDS Developer

You really shouldn't be playing without the latest patch; why exactly are you unable to move to 1.05? If we solve that then you can then use the in-built code to solve your other issue.
Unread 06-06-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
You really shouldn't be playing without the latest patch; why exactly are you unable to move to 1.05? If we solve that then you can then use the in-built code to solve your other issue.
Oh right on, I didn't even consider that it'd work retroactively. Apologies for missing an obvious solution.

I play off-grid, so hadn't had internet since buying the game.

Unfortunately I just downloaded the patch and I'm not off the hook yet. When I try to copy the file to the wmma5 folder, I get an error message "Cannot delete output file: access is denied"
Unread 06-07-2018, 02:25 AM
GDS Developer

I've never heard of that error message before. Are you sure that the game is closed and that you have the correct access rights on that computer to be making changes to files? It sounds like it cannot replace the existing WMMA5.exe because it's still in use.
Unread 06-07-2018, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
I've never heard of that error message before. Are you sure that the game is closed and that you have the correct access rights on that computer to be making changes to files? It sounds like it cannot replace the existing WMMA5.exe because it's still in use.
It's a windows error. I googled it, and it has to do with administrator settings in windows, but I haven't been able to figure out a solution. I get 99% of the file copied over, and then I get the error message.

Thinking I may just need a different unzip program. Will be trying that next time I can.

Thanks for your help, it's nice to know there's a chance I can pick up my old game once I figure out how to get the update to copy.