Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Wrestling Spirit 3 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-30-2013, 06:17 PM
All Star

Default The Humorous Events/Matches Thread

I'm sure we've all had them so far. I've heard a few on chat already.

Earlier had a match where I missed my finisher fourteen times - frustrating at the time, in retrospect hilarious to picture trying to kick someone in the head and whiffing over and over again.
Unread 11-30-2013, 06:32 PM
All Star

Some days ago i had a match with Hulk Hogan against Ultimate Warrior. He spammed comedy moves and that was frustrating, unreal and hilarious.
Unread 11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher1311 View Post
Some days ago i had a match with Hulk Hogan against Ultimate Warrior. He spammed comedy moves and that was frustrating, unreal and hilarious.
HULK HOGAN WITH THE COMEDY HAND GRENADE!

THAT WARRIOR HAD A FAMILY!
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Minor League

i posted this in the demo reaction thread

Unread 11-30-2013, 08:01 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganHero View Post
HULK HOGAN WITH THE COMEDY HAND GRENADE!

THAT WARRIOR HAD A FAMILY!
LOLed at that
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:02 PM
All Star

It's also slightly weird, but here's a good one.

Regular piledriver is a solid medium move that does a fair amount of damage. In lucha, martinetes are obviously highly illegal, so the lucha piledriver is deadly.

Only, if you have a luchador working on the american indy scene... you occasionally get scenarios where a lucha piledriver then destroys someone utterly (990 COW) whereas a north american one is just medium.

*piledriver, bit hurt, but largely okay*

*lucha piledriver, DEAD*
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm just seriously pissed off right now. This just happened like 10 seconds ago. Me facing Roger Monteiro in my third really, really important match, trying to get out of the indy scene. Somehow we ended up ringside and suddenly he tried to get a chairshot to the head. I was like, okay, DQ yourself, whatever, and chose the 'brace' option. I braced the impact, he hit it, BUT THE REF DIDNT EVEN DQ HIM!? WTF. I'm so pissed off right now.

He rolled back in and ref counted me out. It was a completely normal match without any gimmicks. Seriously. How can you hit someone in the head in a normal match in the indies without getting DQ'd?

I'm having awesome time but this just ruined this 2h run I'm having in the game. Damn it. It was the most important match thus far!

Quote:
(08:12) Monteiro hit a Half Senton
(08:21) Monteiro picked up Shikei
(08:28) Monteiro hit a Chair Shot To Head
(08:28) The referee gave Monteiro a serious telling off
(08:35) Monteiro got back into the ring
(09:00) *** Monteiro got a count out over Shikei
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Super Star

It's not an Insta-DQ move, though it's cheating level is high, meaning you'd most definitely need to be squeaky clean before you can use it, or risk getting DQ'd.

It's a great game changer, definitely. I use it in my RtL character's moveset whenever she's in trouble.
Unread 12-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Super Star

Anyone else realize you should just quit when facing Quentin Queen?

Indy guy with stats like; OR 410, Spi 410, Str 523, Striking 584, Grap 544, Ground 307, Speed 476, Stamina 692, Ath 715.

Most of us Indy guys can't break 500, let alone do it 5 times.

Just give up.
Unread 12-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINisher View Post
I'm just seriously pissed off right now. This just happened like 10 seconds ago. Me facing Roger Monteiro in my third really, really important match, trying to get out of the indy scene. Somehow we ended up ringside and suddenly he tried to get a chairshot to the head. I was like, okay, DQ yourself, whatever, and chose the 'brace' option. I braced the impact, he hit it, BUT THE REF DIDNT EVEN DQ HIM!? WTF. I'm so pissed off right now.

He rolled back in and ref counted me out. It was a completely normal match without any gimmicks. Seriously. How can you hit someone in the head in a normal match in the indies without getting DQ'd?

I'm having awesome time but this just ruined this 2h run I'm having in the game. Damn it. It was the most important match thus far!

Yeah, that happens. A LOT. I use Rope Assisted Choke and get told off every time. Opponent uses a chair? No problem. Hell, he can jump on my balls 4 time before the ref bats an eye.
Unread 12-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Low Minors

I don't understand neither why weapon based attacks aren't "Instant DQ". It's illogical...

What do you have to do to be disqualified in a normal match ? Stab your opponent with a knife then use a chainsaw to dismember him ?
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:53 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne View Post
Yeah, that happens. A LOT. I use Rope Assisted Choke and get told off every time. Opponent uses a chair? No problem. Hell, he can jump on my balls 4 time before the ref bats an eye.
Rope Assisted Double Foot Choke is my maximum trolling move. I'm a brawler so I have about three moves that wear down momentum, so I use the choke a LOT. I picture my character alternatively being like

"I HAVE TILL FIVE"

and then when the referee starts yelling. "WHAT? WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! GET BACK TO ME AFTER I FINISH CHOKING HER OUT."

--

I also managed to get a win off an accidental double arm DDT the other day. I misclicked, hit it, then just went "...wellllll, since I landed that."
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
I don't understand neither why weapon based attacks aren't "Instant DQ". It's illogical...

What do you have to do to be disqualified in a normal match ? Stab your opponent with a knife then use a chainsaw to dismember him ?
Just beat New Jack by DQ.
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

I just had the worst math ever as I tried an RtL career.... my new heavyweight psychopath brawler was ready to take the American indy scene by storm.... only to come up against the wall of pain that was Crash Lewis. What followed was a 35 minute match where it turns out he has no finishers he can do to me, so the biggest move he has is a DDT... and because he has no moves with low chance of hit, he can hit EVERYTHING pretty easily, getting a lot of moves up to 990 in the calulatioin button because my only decent stat is striking, which can't counter a thing. 20+ DDTs later (with one adrenaline rush for me that was my sole hope of doing anything) among various other taunts and low level moves I couldn't counter, I finally get medically DQed for bloodloss.

Worst match ever from my point of view... 3 stars from the reviewer, who is clearly a sadist.
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Hall of Fame

I had a kick watching Chance Fortune kick out of FIVE straight finishing piledrivers in my Jay Chord run. I ended up winning that by a low blow.