Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Super Star

Default Lower the amount of pauses for checking a cut

Fights are being paused too often for checking a fighter's cut.
I've simulated a decent amount of cards now and literally every time a fighter suffers a cut, the doctor comes in to check on it. This is not only unrealistic, but also the fights still continue about 99 % of the time anyways (which is realistic).
I also haven't seen an option in the fight engine modifier to alter the settings for this particular issue.
So I suggest lowering the frequency with which a doctor comes in to check on a cut by a good amount.
Unread 02-02-2018, 02:05 PM

Agreed. MMA refs have the docs evaluate cuts much less often than in boxing, and the sim refs do it even more than boxing.
Unread 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM

I increased Cut Immunity for everyone in the fight engine because of this. Seems to have fixed most of my problems, major cuts feel like a special occurrence again and there aren't four cuts minimum in fights between strikers.
Unread 02-03-2018, 05:07 AM

Another thing is that they always restart the fight in the center, standing. In real MMA, the fight is restarted in whatever position they were in before the interruption (clinched against the cage for example, which is where this mostly seems to come up).

Last edited by Dogmeat : 02-03-2018 at 05:08 AM. Reason: clarity
Unread 02-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonV View Post
I increased Cut Immunity for everyone in the fight engine because of this. Seems to have fixed most of my problems, major cuts feel like a special occurrence again and there aren't four cuts minimum in fights between strikers.
That's not the issue, though. I feel like the amount of cuts that are happening is just about right, though maybe a bit on the high side.
My issue is that doctors check on every cut that's happening and that's not anywhere close to being realistic. I don't see an option to lower the amount of doctor interventions, either. So I'd like to see that number decreased to the point where it's a rarity (like in real life).

Unfortunately, Adam seems to disagree as neither has he commented nor has there been a note in the change log.
Unread 02-16-2018, 04:09 AM

I absolutely agree. The amount of cuts happening seems pretty realistic to me, having every cut checked by the ref absolutely doesn't. Same goes for restarting the fight standing instead of the position the fighters were in before the break.

These are pretty much the only two things that bother me about the fight engine. Apart from that I love it.
Unread 02-19-2018, 04:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonV View Post
I increased Cut Immunity for everyone in the fight engine because of this.
I did that too. Raised it with 15 but you still get an unrealistically high amount of stoppages. The refs nearly always restart in the middle as well. Must be frustrating for the fighters in question.

Usually they check those in-between rounds unless they're bleeding like a pig (rarely).
Unread 02-19-2018, 04:35 PM
Super Star

Glad to see this has been addressed in the latest patch.