Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Super Star

I have a little game that I chip at every now and then. Local Canadian company that runs two shows a week, each with five matches and it's basically a year long season. 20 man roster, everyone faces each other twice. Season & playoffs just ended. This is set in 2001 & WCW is still alive btw. Wins were decided by who performed better last match. It made things slightly predictable but offered surprises too.

Initial Roster
Amazing Red
Austin Aries
Brian Kendrick
Bryan Danielson
Christian York
Harry Smith
Incognito
James Maritato
Jimmy Jacobs
Julio Dinero
Kenny Omega
Kevin Steen
Kid Kash
Nigel McGuinness
Nelson Knight
Roderick Strong
Shawn Daivari
Simon Diamond
Trevor Rhodes
Yoshihiro Tajiri

Nelson Knight quit pretty early on because he was losing too often, Steve Corino replaced him but quit without wasting time. He was replaced by Psicosis who didn't take too long to quit either. MsChif was their last replacement and she lasted till the end of the season but tanked hard. She is the 1st female wrestler on the roster.

Jimmy Jacobs also quit to be replaced by Elix Skipper who did much better and lasted the rest of the season.

Rankings at the end of the season
Nigel McGuinness 36-1-1 (109)
Brian Kendrick 33-3-2 (102)
Yoshihiro Tajiri 34-0-4 (102)
Bryan Danielson 32-1-5 (97)
James Maritato 29-0-9 (87)
Kid Kash 28-1-9 (85)
Kenny Omega 25-0-13 (75)
Julio Dinero 22-1-15 (67)
Austin Aries 22-0-16 (66)
Amazing Red 16-0-22 (48)
Kevin Steen 14-2-22 (44)
Harry Smith 14-1-23 (43)
Elix Skipper 13-1-24 (41)
Roderick Strong 13-2-23 (41)
Incognito 11-1-26 (34)
Christian York 11-1-26 (34)
MsChif 11-1-26 (34)
Simon Diamond 3-0-35 (9)
Trevor Rhodes 2-1-35 (7)
Shawn Daivari 2-0-36 (6)

Daivari tanked incredibly hard. His first win came on Week 19 when he beat the debuting MsChif. MsChif got her win back on their subsequent rematch a few weeks later.

Nigel had one of the longest winning streaks. Up until Week 14 he was undefeated. Brian Kendrick was also undefeated but had two draws to his name. They drew against each other to both remain undefeated. Brian would finally lose two weeks later in a title match against Yoshihiro Tajiri. Nigel's only loss of the season came to the one man who drew him, Brian Kendrick at Week 26. As you can see he went on to win the rest of the season. Brian Kendrick's only other loss would be at Week 31 to Bryan Danielson. Earlier in the season he had drawn against Bryan Danielson for the world title. Despite Kendrick's incredible performance, he wouldn't win the title across the season.

The longest winning streak actually goes to Yoshihiro Tajiri. After a Week 3 loss to Nigel McGuinness, he went on a 21 match winning streak including beating James Maritato for the title, and defending it a record 18 times, before losing it to Bryan Danielson.

The CPRO World Title is defended every time the champion has a match. First champion was Bryan Danielson who defended it twice before losing to James Maritato. James Maritato lost it immediately to Yoshihiro Tajiri who went to defend it 18 times before losing it back to first double champion, Bryan Danielson. Bryan had another unimpressive reign losing it to Nigel after 3 defenses. Nigel held it into the playoffs and defended it a total of 10 times.

The playoffs included the top 16 wrestlers. The wrestlers not to have made it were Shawn Daivari, Trevor Rhodes, Simon Diamond and MsChif (tiebreaker with Incognito and Christian York).

The brackets were:

Nigel McGuinness
Christian York

Kenny Omega
Amazing Red

James Maritato
Harry Smith

Yoshihiro Tajiri
Roderick Strong

Bryan Danielson
Elix Skipper

Kid Kash
Kevin Steen

Julio Dinero
Austin Aries

Brian Kendrick
Incognito

There weren't many upsets. Austin Aries upset Julio Dinero in the first round but everyone else proceeded if they were higher seeded. In the quarter-finals we had a MONSTROUS upset. Kenny Omega managed to beat a (tired) Nigel McGuinness and win the CPRO World Title. Nigel was a favorite to win the whole thing. Yoshihiro, Danielson and Kendrick moved on. Yoshihiro, Danielson, and Kendrick all completed the trifecta sweep on Maritato, Kash and Aries respectively. Tajiri relieved Omega of his title in the semi-finals to beat him for the 3rd time but Omega definitely left an impression going into season 2. Kendrick beat Danielson to even out their series at 1-1-1.

The finals was Brian Kendrick vs. the defending two time champion, Yoshihiro Tajiri. Yoshihiro won their season series at 2-1. This was the second time Brian Kendrick lost a title match to Tajiri.

Only hiccough? I forgot to put the Tournament title on the line for this so we'll pretend the tournament title didn't become official till season 2.

We are now a Regional-sized company. 13th in the world. We have a TV deal in Ontario and are building our pop in Quebec to match that of Ontario so we can eventually move to cult.

Biggest challenge? Fatigue & injuries. Kendrick's mid-season injury was easy to deal with. Daivari's end of season injury meant replacing him might **** everyone else. So we gave his victors the auto-wins. Maritato injured himself in time for playoffs but it was only 15 days we just had a bonus throwaway show. The other challenge is momentum & morale. Psicosis/Corino lost once or twice and that killed their morale and then their performances and then they quit far too quickly. Momentum, if you lose a few matches in a row, even if you're good, it'll kill your momentum and you'll end up in the gutter. See Diamond.

The other challenge? Japan getting my guys on touring and me having to schedule around them. First it was M-Pro, Zero-One, Osaka Pro, FMW. Now AJPW/NOAH/NJPW are calling. Here's to reaching cult and signing guys on writtens.

My hiring policy while we aren't cult is: Are they unemployed? Great in-ring workers? If none available, Good... Decent... etc.? Oldest available wrestler.

They have to be active & available in Canada of course.

The idea is that oldest guys will eventually become unavailable to me. Might as well suck them dry (lul). I'm going for a 26 wrestler roster to account for cult-size obligations.

Season 2 Roster:

Season 2
Amazing Red
Austin Aries
Brian Kendrick
Bryan Danielson
Christian York
Eddie Guerrero
Elix Skipper
Harry Smith
Incognito
James Maritato
Julio Dinero
Kenny Omega
Kevin Steen
Kid Kash
MsChif
Nigel McGuinness
Rey Misterio Jr.
Roderick Strong
Shawn Daivari
Simon Diamond
Super Crazy
Trevor Rhodes
Yoshihiro Tajiri

Additions so far are Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio Jr. & Super Crazy. They are also touring with NJPW so I'll work around that but I got them before they started touring. Eddie is looking like a hot favorite to dominate the entire season. I can see either one of those three rage-quitting after a loss though.

I will probably be adding Chyna (Joanie Laurer), Sting, and Scott Steiner. I don't see them sticking around till the end of the season. Hulk Hogan & Kevin Nash are unavailable because of their AOL contracts and I imagine they'll retire before I get a chance. Shawn Michaels is injured and doesn't like Bret Hart (my UC) anyways.

So here's to season 2.
Unread 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Low Minors

Here is episode #40 of my TEW 2016 series as WWE in 2017 and we're on the road to Backlash

Go check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTlPhyTK3nU&app=desktop
Unread 02-20-2018, 11:15 PM
All Star

I just had the leader for WOTY die when Champagne Lover died at 34 years old in October of the first year. Interested to see if he will still win and how this will effect SOTBPW which is a killer for the first few years, without him I don't think they will be a top threat..
Unread 02-21-2018, 03:27 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucidus View Post
Alright. Small update on my WCW 2000 game.
I think it might be toast.

1) When the game began I only had 3 months left on the media contracts for Thunder/Nitro/PPVs.
2) After I dropped to Cult, TBS, TNT and Time Warner Cable no longer want to negotiate with me.
3) Unfortunately because we're all part of the Time Warner media umbrella it means I can't negotiate with anybody else either.
4) The requirements for TBS and Time Warner Cable were impossible to meet since it required popularity thresholds in markets I had no way to meet in the time allotted.
5) So I go into the editor and start playing around. Only to find that in no way, shape or form can you mess with a media group in an active game.
6) I wind up reducing TNT, TBS and TWC's requirements so they'll negotiate.
7) I can negotiate with TNT and TBS just fine, but when I try to negotiate with TWC, Time Warner Media Group blocks it because for some reason Time Warner Cable isn't part of the Time Warner Media group. So I have no avenue to get on PPV in America.
8) This means A: I either broadcast all my PPVs on TNT or TBS, really turning them all into Clash of the Champions OR B: After my existing contracts are up, edit TBS and TNT so they have no coverage anywhere, allowing me to get another contract. I don't know if that will have unforeseen consequences.
The Eric Bischoff / Fusient problem.

Good example of the game simulating real life situation that little bit too well.
Unread 02-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Super Star

Cant wait to turn The Rock into a workrate guy like I'm doing Chyna & Scott Steiner.

Scott Steiner handed in his notice after a single loss. Oh well. I'll hold off on signing Rock though. Can't afford the money hit. Wonder how long before Sting/Chyna follow Steiner.

Last edited by Jon The GOAT : 02-21-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 02-22-2018, 01:38 AM
All Star

https://youtu.be/bT3Zm6SbXVE

my latest game, PSW. Jsut reached a year and a half in, here is a test show
Unread 02-22-2018, 02:24 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
I have a little game that I chip at every now and then. Local Canadian company that runs two shows a week, each with five matches and it's basically a year long season. 20 man roster, everyone faces each other twice. Season & playoffs just ended. This is set in 2001 & WCW is still alive btw. Wins were decided by who performed better last match. It made things slightly predictable but offered surprises too.
That's a very interesting company model. Have you considered breaking it up into smaller chunks, like 4 or 6 months? Maybe one season is all tag teams, one season is all women?
Unread 02-22-2018, 08:04 AM
All Star

Been modding in an Aussie women's wrestling 'scene' from scratch for my save data conversion mod.

Still need to set up a dozen or so future debutants to keep things fresh and allow expansion but I've got enough workers for a local promotion already. Looking forward to seeing what the AI does with the tools I'm equipping them with, although I'm a little tempted to game the system a bit and give some of the younger workers excellent potential.

Hard to say, I've set a number of the older workers to have later decline dates to make sure the only folks with decent performance stats don't tank out of the gate, but I don't want the whole thing to just fail either, and there's such a limited talent pool.
Unread 02-22-2018, 08:55 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
That's a very interesting company model. Have you considered breaking it up into smaller chunks, like 4 or 6 months? Maybe one season is all tag teams, one season is all women?
I've considered having a tag team season between singles seasons but wasn't sure how to decide tag teams. Do I go random, do I go worst with best like the tournament seedings? The downside to those two options is the tag experience wouldn't carry over to future seasons.

Part of me has even thought of complicating it further and having heavyweight/junior/women leagues and then maybe a 12 person champion's league featuring the best 4 from each. Right now I'm just trying to keep it simple I guess. When I hit cult I think I'll change it up. So probably by season 4 or 5.

The idea behind the structure was to have a simple quick-to-book format that got me through time easily but also allowed me to book a lot of great matches.
Unread 02-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Phenom

C-Verse Local to Global game that is now in March 2037. My little 0 pop Georgia Wrestling Federation is now the Global Wrestling Corporation and has been dominating for close to a decade with no one even comparably close.
I have begun pushing my older Main Eventers down the Card in favor of a new younger Generation. I have carefully built a crew of young 20-30 something up to take the mantle.
The new generation is being lead by three men: Tommy Cornell Jr, Pitbull Barry (a random gen from my training school) and Face of Fear (same as Barry)
The old guard mainstays have all been with me since my first show so I’m being careful to treat them with the utmost respect while having them step down.
The Old Guards main players are: Hades (my biggest star and a constant figurehead. He’s 48 and still not in decline), Andy Phenomenal (my uc, a road to glory character), The Boulder (used to be my biggest star but he left to USPW for almost a decade and has recently returned, he’s 49 and in moderate decline)

I’m building towards Wrestlebowl (a Royal Rumble type event, one of my big 3, has Historical Importance) and my two main feuds are set to carry me to my biggest show of the year Slam-a-Mania.
A New Terror: Fresh off the Heels of a successful Global title Defense, Hades is challenged to an impromptu title match on Championship Wrestling, by one of his disciples, Face of Fear! The tension has been heating up for awhile as Fear’s pop has grown a lot lately. Hades decides to silence the cocky young challenger but he is turned on by his long time manager Pluto Grim. Fear wins his first Global title and Hades makes a very successful face turn. I’m thinking of having this feud end at Slam-a-Mania, where Hades finally loses at the big show and Fear is cemented as a top Heel.
Bad Blood: Pitbull Barry, having just successfully crushed eccentric veteran and GWC legend Blade Runner, was flying high until he declared his intentions to win the WrestleBowl and placed himself directly in the path of Tommy Cornell Jr who is similarly on the up having just defeated The Boulder in a legend Killer feud. Things get personal as Cornell’s jealousy has caused him to become involved heavily in Barry’s life, even at the expense of his own win/loss record. It’s a feud to set the pace and show that these two can carry a main feud alone. Should set up a career long feud if I pull this off right.
Unread 02-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bison View Post
C-Verse Local to Global game that is now in March 2037. My little 0 pop Georgia Wrestling Federation is now the Global Wrestling Corporation and has been dominating for close to a decade with no one even comparably close.
That's awesome! I wish I could go that long with a single save. My recent game is a LtG hardcore/modern in North West USA but I've only just started 2018. It's been fun and challenging thus far.
Unread 02-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Minor League

I just hit the six month mark in my first CGC game with TEW2016. Crazy to think how far CGC has sunk since recent games. I remember CGC being an awesome company to play as way back with TEW2005. But in 2016? Well, if I did a diary, I would call it “CGC: Saving The Sinking Ship.”

To save CGC, I pretty much had to reconstruct the roster by about 90%. I can hear Alex DeColt’s teeth grinding, as week by week I toss aside most of the roster he built. Just a bunch of declining talents and guys who don’t appear to be much of a talent to begin with.

To be honest, it kind of feels like I started a game with a self-created company, but that’s the only way I believe that CGC can be saved. Toss aside useless talent, bring in the best of the indy stars and steal away top talents when you can with minimal cost (i.e. TCW fell to Cult, so I’ve snatched some guys from them with written contracts, most notably Jay Chord).

After sixth months, CGC barely looks like the company it was in January. The company is still losing money monthly, but every month it’s less and less. My goal is to be in the positives by the end of 2016. It’s going to be close!

Roster size bounces back and forth around 45, but about a dozen or so are veterans I have on PPA contracts to job to up and coming talents. What I consider my “official” roster is about 30 guys currently.

Anywho, here is how my 3 divisions look after six months.

The Main Event
Current CGC World Heavyweight Champion: Jay Chord

Soooo Jack DeColt broke his leg in May…yup. Out for 5 ½ months. He was about to feud with Mr. Lucha, who won a #1 Contendership Tourmament, defeating rival Thom Barrowman in the finals. Yup, that sucked big time.

The plan was to have Jay Chord feud with Ricky DeColt, put him over in a series of 3 matches, then set up Jack D verus Chord, where Jay would eventually win the title. So change of plans, Chord wins the vacant World Title in a Triple Threat (Ricky D, Lucha) at June’s PPV In The Company of Legends.

Soooo pretty much everything is backwards now! Chord is going to feud with Ricky over the World Title, and a couple other top face guys while Jack is away. Then we’re back to the original plan in five months. Can Jack come back and retrieve his throne? Or is Chord now the true king of CGC?

Prior to all this, Jack D feuded with Christian Price, who turned heel after growing tired of living in the DeColt shadow. The feud led to the DeColt Wrestle Festival, where Jack defeated Price in a Ladder Match. If need be, I’m leaving the door open to turn Price back to face if I need another major challenger for Chord in Jack’s absence.

The Midcard
Current CGC Canadian Champion: Roger Cage

The man I consider the perfect midcard champ…especially if his talent improvements hit a wall…Cage ended Zeus Maxmillion’s 4 ½ month reign at the May PPV Code Red. Cage would hit Zeus with a low blow before the Rage Cage to win the gold. In the rematch at In The Company Of Legends, Cage would get caught by the referee this time, and disqualified for yet another low blow. Maxmillion would recover and lay out Cage post-match, setting up a third and final match.

Maxmillion, by the way, defeated Blockbuster for the Canadian Title in mid January, right at the start of my game. Sorry Blockbuster, but you’re awful.

Outside the title picture, Kirk Jameson just finished a feud with Sayeed Ali, and will continue to climb up the roster. With all his talent and star quality, Jameson is destined to be challenging Chord or Jack DeColt for the World Title within a year’s time.

Sayeed Ali…by the way…botched a move that cause Jack DeColt’s broken leg. All the DeColts hate him now!

Tag Team Division
Current CGC Tag Team Champions: Greg Black & Donte Dunn

I put Black & Dunn together so Dunn had a mentor to help him improve, but also as a solid stopgap as I developed a legit tag team division. They defeated The Predators for the gold at January PPV Elimination, and have turned into a very dependable duo. Kirk Jameson replaced Greg Black for a month as champion as he recovered from injury, and the team kept rolling when Black returned. Now, I’m not necessarily sure who is going to take the gold from Black & Dunn, because they’re doing such a good job!

My top option right now is the Shade Gang, Bulldozer (Brandon) Smith & Jamie Atherton, who they’re currently feuding with. That was the plan, but Bulldozer is improving so fast, I don’t think I’ll have much choice but to push him as a singles star sooner rather than later!

I’ve been looking at giving Sayeed Ali a solid tag partner, but that hasn’t worked out just yet. Character wise, I refuse to pick just anyone to team with a Light Heavyweight Brawler from the streets.

Also thought of turning Zeus Maxmillion heel and teaming him with Ozzie Golden to make some hybrid Fashion Files – MNM type team. Also, I just want to give Golden a better partner than Antonio Del Veccio (who pretty much maxed out already).

Also at the top of the division are the following duos:
The Ring Kings (Davis Wayne Newton & Billy Russell, w/ Phil Vibert as their mouthpiece)
The Disposables (Joey Poison & Frankie Perez)
High Style (Golden & Del Veccio)
Masked Cougar & Black Leopard (Jack Avatar’s gimmick as he develops)

I’ll give another update when I hit January 2017!
Unread 02-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbritton987 View Post
<snip>

I’ll give another update when I hit January 2017!
Nice save with CGC.

Always been one of my favorite promotions in the Cverse. First promotion I connected with, way back on TEW 2007. They reminded me so much of Stampede Wrestling, which was my "local" promotion as a kid.

CCG hasn't aged well. They feel similar to TCW in that regard. They need a talent influx and the AI isn't great with that, but its a fun challenge for the user. The Cverse provides plenty of young options to sign and build up.
Unread 02-22-2018, 10:13 PM
All Star

PSW June 2017, Week 2.

The Origin
Eric Tyler was promoted to head booker in lieu of Alex Braun, though immediately hiring some people, I really didn't fire anyone until about 8 months in, those two being Antix & Xavier Reckless due to lack of usefulness and attitude. I stuck to pushing original PSW workers with minimal hirings, eventually seeing that it really needed to evolve for long term success I decided on some changes.

The Evolution
---I made it a point to up the work rate of PSW to only the hardest workers, keeping a break neck pace night after night. The first few signing I brought in came from Mexico in the form of Silver Tiger, Delirium, Anarchist, and Phobia. An extreme lucha libre division was born and it was a solid midcard act for the first year.

The National championship was changed to the International Championship. Having been held by Silver Tiger and Sojuro Sen (who has held it since July 2016) and has been a very interesting part of the show, building lots of Canadian, Japanese, and Mexican stars. A Trios championship was also added inaugural champions being the McWades and Rocke Bernard (Whitehorse Whittaker).

Eventually after about a year, the roster resembled a brand new PSW built in my vision. ECW with deathmatches and even better wrestling... or at least main eventers lol. We now honed a very strong tag team division, having added The Berzerkers (Tatsukichi and Toyokuni of WEXXV), The Southern Stars (Animal&Tennesse of NYCW), and Dead Men Walking (Gravedigga/Mobstar of GSW), as well as many others.

The World Title
The evolution of the main event scene here has been very interesting as well as drastic. Starting with workers like Madman Boone, Johnny Martin, and Grandmaster Phunk that are all pretty old and slower, only to end up with a high paced crazy skilled main event scene.It is headed by the undefeated Acid, driven by having never won a single title despite being a big part of DAVE. Ernest Youngman, Niko Chirkov (WHO?), and Ash Campbell have been the main young talent to come up, with newcomers Sojuro Sen and Zeshin Makioka very close to breaking the main event scene.
Unread 02-23-2018, 06:02 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Nice save with CGC.

Always been one of my favorite promotions in the Cverse. First promotion I connected with, way back on TEW 2007. They reminded me so much of Stampede Wrestling, which was my "local" promotion as a kid.

CCG hasn't aged well. They feel similar to TCW in that regard. They need a talent influx and the AI isn't great with that, but its a fun challenge for the user. The Cverse provides plenty of young options to sign and build up.
I'm intrigued by the choices made with CGC in TEW 2016. Had I given CGC a try when the game first came out, I'd probably get annoyed and move on to playing as a different company, one with more potential.

It makes me wonder why CGC was built with such a lack of hope and potential. Was it to challenge the player? Or simply prove what CGC's description details, which is Alex DeColt has driven the company into the ground. I mean, the roster is pure trash, and so I think its meant to challenge a player. Aside from the DeColts and a couple other names, there is no hope for CGC in January 2016.

The one positive is that CGC starts with 5 million, which you definitely need to turn it around. Aside from a bit overflated roster, I've been pinching pennies, and I'm around 4.1 million right now at six months in. I'll prob be a bit over 3 million before I finally start making money.

It also helps to know who are the best indy stars in TEW2016, which I have a good handle on after two years. There are plenty of guys in the indies that can help revive CGC, that is, if you're willing to put the time in.