Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-13-2019, 07:48 PM
alpha2117's Avatar
alpha2117 alpha2117 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,890
Default Sex appeal

There seems to be a too low a cap on sex appeal in angles and eye candy matches. You can get two ultra hot girls in a fed designed to be risque and you basically can't get an 80. You should at least be able to get that if that's what your product is. Not asking to get 100 rated matches but a tad higher would be realistic.
  #2  
Unread 02-14-2019, 01:55 AM
Winged Hussar Winged Hussar is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Default

I somewhat agree with this.

I always felt sex appeal or risky angles should be an incredibly easy way to score high ratings when needed however the workers themselves should get upset when they are used in this way to balance it out.
  #3  
Unread 02-14-2019, 06:11 AM
alpha2117's Avatar
alpha2117 alpha2117 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged Hussar View Post
I somewhat agree with this.

I always felt sex appeal or risky angles should be an incredibly easy way to score high ratings when needed however the workers themselves should get upset when they are used in this way to balance it out.
Not sure about that after all the Nitro Girls were in the immortal words of Scott Steiner just a bunch of coked up strippers from Atlanta. Not sure if any of them would of them would of got upset if you used them in any angle - Nash cut a promo indicating he was going to eat a little Asian later whilst he was cheating on his wife with Chae An. So if you are liberal and bisexual like Chae (or most any of the Nitro Girls if reports are correct) then you wouldn't get upset with most any angle. If you are Molly Holly who has been described as being slightly more chaste than the average Nun then that's a different story.

My point is that you cant ever really get a Sunny or Sable over in the game because Sex Appeal angles seem to be capped too low. You can get Dark Angel or Sara Del Rey over because the mods have them set to be able to work but Eye Candy girls aren't really catered for the way the settings are. Sable could barely walk and chew gum at the same time let alone wrestle but in her prime she was as over as any person on that roster. If you are an Entertainment based fed with T&A settings and or risqué you really should be able to get better results out of a lass with high sex appeal.

Last edited by alpha2117 : 02-14-2019 at 06:18 AM.
  #4  
Unread 02-15-2019, 04:41 AM
Winged Hussar Winged Hussar is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Default

Eh, I'm kind of scared to comment in too much detail but I will say I very much agree that sex appeal does not play nearly a big enough part in the game currently when it comes to effective female wrestlers and effective angles in general. I don't have the answer in how it should all work as I'm not sure I feel Nitro girls dancing should ever score higher than a rating of 80 but there are angles that involve selling sex in some capacity that are most definitely among wrestling's most highest rated segments of all time.
  #5  
Unread 02-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 6,074
Default

By definition, eye candy matches aren't good wrestling matches. In what way is the game's handling of them unrealistic?

No bra and panties match is ever, ever, ever going to be good.
  #6  
Unread 02-16-2019, 04:02 AM
Winged Hussar Winged Hussar is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
By definition, eye candy matches aren't good wrestling matches. In what way is the game's handling of them unrealistic?

No bra and panties match is ever, ever, ever going to be good.
Remember "good" is a subjective word. I happen to have never enjoyed a bra and panties match myself but in wrestling which is scripted what makes something good anyway? If anything there is a case to be made that the early 2000s divas matches drew more fans than the current womens product regardless of how much more time the women are given now. I know Becky Lynch is popular but being popular and drawing a crowd are two different things. Some fans used to watch just for Stacy, Trish, Torrie (those fans were a little weird, but they existed). However I highly doubt there is more than half a dozen wrestling fans that watch wrestling just for Asuka or whoever. Almost all Becky Lynch's fans were already watching wrestling however people like The Rock got people who weren't that into wrestling to start watching wrestling. What the fans cheer today is not a good measuring tool for what actually draws a crowd.

The point is in terms of TEW being a booking simulation where drawing a crowd is important to get a popular product nothing that has been done by women in recent years outdraws eye-candy. Trish is still a massive draw in womens wrestling and honestly at risk of pissing a bunch of people off she wasn't all that good in the ring.
  #7  
Unread 02-16-2019, 07:40 AM
alpha2117's Avatar
alpha2117 alpha2117 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,890
Default

I'm not a huge fan of Eye Candy myself - I love Shimmer and PWWA in Australia neither of which relies on T&A. My point isn't that its particularly good it's that both the matches and angles that use Sex Appeal are nerfed too much.

Recent examples of angles that have huge views on the internet are Alexa showing us her back, Mandy Rose wearing an outfit less revealing than her ring attire in a hotel room and Scarlet Bordeaux doing a lap dance in Impact and walking to the ring in AAA. Those angles really aren't that risqué - well maybe the lap dance is but the other 3 are tamer than the average music video but they got significant eyes on them which of course is why they were done in the first place. I'm not calling for 100 rated 5 minute Eye Candy matches between Mandy Rose & Alicia Fox but the current ratings for the angles especially seem to max out significantly below where they probably should if we are trying for a sense of realism.

Not every woman should be booked as a bad-ass in the same way not every man should be booked like a unstoppable force. Wrestling works best when there's a fairly broad range of characters interacting but as it is now you can run a sex appeal angle and a Menace angle and even if the man's menace is 15 points lower than the womans Sex Appeal the Menace angle will normally do better than the Sex Appeal angle. I'm fine with it being harder to get a high rating for Sex Appeal based things but right now it seems like it's nerfed a bit too much.
  #8  
Unread 02-16-2019, 09:06 AM
SirMichaelJordan SirMichaelJordan is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 989
Default

I think it should only be nerfed (penalty) for non risqué heavy products but at the same time do you really want to see a eye candy match competing with the higher rated matches in the game when it comes to awards and such?

On that note I would like to see a segment rating and a match rating (worker’s in-ring rating averaged out for one rating; individual match ratings would still be a thing) but that’s for a different topic.


But I remember reading that sex appeal was nerf because it was exploitable.
  #9  
Unread 02-17-2019, 04:54 AM
Winged Hussar Winged Hussar is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Default

I actually have no problem with it being exploitable and believe it would be better if it was since putting hot women on TV works!!!

Right now if WWE ran a segment with Mandy Rose spilling a bucket of whipped cream on herself and then Sonya Deville proceeded to lick it off her for 5 minutes straight I would predict it would be the highest rated and most viewed segment of RAW for the entire year. If it were uploaded to YouTube afterwards i wouldn't mind betting it would become their most viewed video on their channel incredibly quickly.

HOWEVER... the women in the angle would most likely dislike the angle and possibly even outright refuse to do it, it could also lower worker morale among the other females (not just those in the angle) who have low sex appeal and consider themselves pure wrestlers, and certain advertisers might lose interest in investing with WWE if those types of angles were done too often.

In short sex appeal SHOULD be highly exploitable to score big ratings but it should also come with a lot of downsides.

Last edited by Winged Hussar : 02-17-2019 at 05:01 AM.
  #10  
Unread 02-17-2019, 08:57 AM
SirMichaelJordan SirMichaelJordan is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged Hussar View Post
I actually have no problem with it being exploitable and believe it would be better if it was since putting hot women on TV works!!!

Right now if WWE ran a segment with Mandy Rose spilling a bucket of whipped cream on herself and then Sonya Deville proceeded to lick it off her for 5 minutes straight I would predict it would be the highest rated and most viewed segment of RAW for the entire year. If it were uploaded to YouTube afterwards i wouldn't mind betting it would become their most viewed video on their channel incredibly quickly.

HOWEVER... the women in the angle would most likely dislike the angle and possibly even outright refuse to do it, it could also lower worker morale among the other females (not just those in the angle) who have low sex appeal and consider themselves pure wrestlers, and certain advertisers might lose interest in investing with WWE if those types of angles were done too often.

In short sex appeal SHOULD be highly exploitable to score big ratings but it should also come with a lot of downsides.
I’m all for the idea having consequences like that and I’ll even go as far as saying spamming a specific type of angle should lose the crowd. But this get blurry as in the game you can have a eye candy match or a angle based on sex apeal without it being risqué by making it low risk content.

A low risk eye candy match in WWE today is probably a Santa’s little helper match they have been having and no way should that score high.

A low risk sex apeal angle is probably the nitro girls and that never been a high rated segment on nitro...

With that said, I never knew the benefits of making a segment more risky in TEW. But I think the higher risk you make a segment, the more chance of it either being a major hit or major fail depending on the product. Maybe this is something that should get looked at.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan : 02-17-2019 at 09:06 AM.
  #11  
Unread 03-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Gregkendell86 Gregkendell86 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 70
Default

I agree sex appeal should have more of a purpose. Tew 2010 you could get a 75 match and around 80s angles. After 2010 the nerfs started rolling in on sex appeal. They were honestly good warm up matches to hype the crowd. I have noticed there is a way to do in 2016 but you don't get to see it. Start a sex appeal child fed. The computer is not nerfed which is messed up to me. Lastly you can't really do ecw, wow, wrestlious, etc because of the penalties to me anyway.
  #12  
Unread 03-16-2019, 05:33 PM
shawn michaels's Avatar
shawn michaels shawn michaels is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The World Wide Web!
Posts: 3,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
By definition, eye candy matches aren't good wrestling matches. In what way is the game's handling of them unrealistic?

No bra and panties match is ever, ever, ever going to be good.
Thumbs down. I get the sentiment, and agree, actually, but these angles can actually rate in the 100 in the right circumstances. Certainly higher then they do now, especially in the right promotion. This kind of stuff sells and always will. This is why I hope T&A is not only kept but expanded somewhat if possible. Sable is a prime example. Sunny is another, Torrie as well. I could go on to even include non WWE girls. You get my point. It's not about being critially acclaimed or getting the approval or the faux critic Lord Meltzer. This stuff sells if marketed well and sometimes even organically for obvious reasons. (It is what is is and it would be cool to see it reproduced in game cause it is a part of the reality we live in or lived in before. Both actually.)
  #13  
Unread 03-16-2019, 08:39 PM
SirMichaelJordan SirMichaelJordan is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
Thumbs down. I get the sentiment, and agree, actually, but these angles can actually rate in the 100 in the right circumstances. Certainly higher then they do now, especially in the right promotion. This kind of stuff sells and always will. This is why I hope T&A is not only kept but expanded somewhat if possible. Sable is a prime example. Sunny is another, Torrie as well. I could go on to even include non WWE girls. You get my point. It's not about being critially acclaimed or getting the approval or the faux critic Lord Meltzer. This stuff sells if marketed well and sometimes even organically for obvious reasons. (It is what is is and it would be cool to see it reproduced in game cause it is a part of the reality we live in or lived in before. Both actually.)
I personally think the use of high risk content should come with risk/reward. As of now it’s only function is whether a worker or company will allow it or not. Imo, the use of such should have a chance of being a major hit or major failure.

Angles rated only on sex appeal should rate low...Like I mention before a low risk eye candy match or angle is going to be a bathroom break. How many people actually care about those Santa little helper or any other holiday related “diva” matches WWE put on occasionally?

Now if those same matches was put on by ECW then we will be taking about a different segment because of the risqué involved.

Sable and all the woman segments during the attitude era had some risk too it.
  #14  
Unread 03-16-2019, 08:55 PM
shawn michaels's Avatar
shawn michaels shawn michaels is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The World Wide Web!
Posts: 3,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I personally think the use of high risk content should come with risk/reward. As of now it’s only function is whether a worker or company will allow it or not. Imo, the use of such should have a chance of being a major hit or major failure.

Angles rated only on sex appeal should rate low...Like I mention before a low risk eye candy match or angle is going to be a bathroom break. How many people actually care about those Santa little helper or any other holiday related “diva” matches WWE put on occasionally?

Now if those same matches was put on by ECW then we will be taking about a different segment because of the risqué involved.

Sable and all the woman segments during the attitude era had some risk too it.
I wasn't specifying match types, I'm saying sex appeal content (risky or not) is focal to several types of products. I don't think the game accurately depits that. Obviously it should be risk or reward. But the grades should be able to reach 100 or 0 like any other type of angle/match. Even bra and panties matches. You'd be surprised with how many people like that, by the way.
  #15  
Unread 03-17-2019, 03:48 AM
Gregkendell86 Gregkendell86 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
I wasn't specifying match types, I'm saying sex appeal content (risky or not) is focal to several types of products. I don't think the game accurately depits that. Obviously it should be risk or reward. But the grades should be able to reach 100 or 0 like any other type of angle/match. Even bra and panties matches. You'd be surprised with how many people like that, by the way.
I agree with sm all the way. Sex appeal in the game is like the decline rate. Pretty much everybody declines the same in the game. Which is not realistic at all. I'm not changing the topic just pointing out what sex appeal is like in the game. I remember there being a nude wrestling fed on playboy. The wrestling was better than wwe divas. Now based on the game you can't do that fed at all. Wrestlious is impossible because comedy sex appeal has so many negatives you be lucky to get a 50 on matches.

The problem I see with bra and panties matches is people think of wwe only. If that is the cause then lita and trish still pulled off 4 star bra and panties matches. Yes you can book them regularly too. The point is sex appeal having so many negatives makes the skill pretty much useless in the game. The old debate was should menace be nerfed too. Since the angle is just a big guy walking or standing there. So sid vicious gets 100 menace angle but trish taking a shower behind a door gets 50s. Explain it please
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.