Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Grey Dog Software General Discussions
Register Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-28-2020, 04:31 PM

Unhappy Did the older TEW games get removed?

I was looking for the freeware TEW2005 download in the main website and can't seem to find it. Nor is TEW2007 and 2008 demos on the list. The webstore seems to not be selling them either. What happened to them?
Unread 07-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Major League

The TEW05 General Discussion forum has this link

http://download.elicense.com/gds/TEW2005_setup.exe
Unread 07-29-2020, 08:24 PM
GDS Developer

We reduced the price on TEW2010 and TEW2013 - so we stopped selling the older versions.
Unread 08-24-2020, 11:38 PM

Absolutely irate at this. I enjoy playing from TEW 2005 to each different version to see what changes and then carry over my promotion date over, edit it at the start then setup a new game. Why have the older games just been trashed because they're not popular or up to date? It's still nice to have them. Are we getting free versions, or have they just been trashed never to be seen again like the long lost TEW 2004. Seems bizarre to me a creator wouldn't want to keep games he made previously even if they've been improved on.

Honestly if this isn't fixed I just have no interest in playing another GDS game again. It's not the way I'd like to play and preservation of content is very important to me. I have enough of an issue with games rendered obsolete and pointless when the new iteration comes out as it is. Really, really disappointed.
Unread 08-25-2020, 08:05 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by howchuck View Post
Absolutely irate at this. I enjoy playing from TEW 2005 to each different version to see what changes and then carry over my promotion date over, edit it at the start then setup a new game. Why have the older games just been trashed because they're not popular or up to date? It's still nice to have them. Are we getting free versions, or have they just been trashed never to be seen again like the long lost TEW 2004. Seems bizarre to me a creator wouldn't want to keep games he made previously even if they've been improved on.

Honestly if this isn't fixed I just have no interest in playing another GDS game again. It's not the way I'd like to play and preservation of content is very important to me. I have enough of an issue with games rendered obsolete and pointless when the new iteration comes out as it is. Really, really disappointed.
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks
Unread 08-25-2020, 09:49 PM

Yeah thats pretty hilarious lol.
Unread 08-26-2020, 02:58 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by howchuck View Post

So this is really good satire right? I've had a rough day so I think I'm just reading this too seriously. Kudos to you sir
Unread 08-28-2020, 01:24 AM

I don't get the joke, guess I'm in the minority. I guess people don't care about older games taken off the market rather than released for free or archived. Some people like to see what changes between each game and import games, you know. That's why there's an editor.

Meh, whatever. I'll just download the trials and import the data into TEW 2010 or something and do it that way.

Last edited by howchuck : 08-28-2020 at 01:57 AM.