Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Low Minors

Just wondering about strength of moves. I noticed the other day that most of the people in the game, even the very high and prominent members, still just have Regular strength moves. I assume that there is a reason for this, so I was just wondering why before I get too deep with moding. If most of your Well Known and above characters have Super moves (I'd very rare give out Thunderous and Ultimate, obviously) would it have a detrimental effect on the universe you've created?
Unread 11-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
If you kill someone who is in a relationship, does that relationship end?

Say you kill Sulpher, and then after he's dead you try romancing his wife. What's the reaction?
I'm curious about this as well. Scottish Heather got killed in my game, and I wondered if she'd pick up with Scot's Guard where she left off once she returns.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM
All Star

Has anyone managed to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?

I tried to start a relationship with Cosmic Girl, but she was so offended it started a hostile relationship (what a ***** ). Then Mr Infinity also arrived in Diddly Squat, and after becoming friends with him, I attempt to join The Freedom Alliance, however Cosmic Girl voted against me so I couldn't join.

Now I have bugged Cosmic Girl with several Social advances but never changed our relationship, and when I asked her for information she decided she wanted to fight me (big mistake Cosmic Girl), I won without taking any damage and she gave me some info.

Now I am wondering if I just have to keep pestering her till she forgives me, or if it is hopeless.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post

I tried to start a relationship with Cosmic Girl, but she was so offended it started a hostile relationship (what a ***** ). Then Mr Infinity also arrived in Diddly Squat, and after becoming friends with him, I attempt to join The Freedom Alliance, however Cosmic Girl voted against me so I couldn't join.

Now I have bugged Cosmic Girl with several Social advances but never changed our relationship, and when I asked her for information she decided she wanted to fight me (big mistake Cosmic Girl), I won without taking any damage and she gave me some info.

Now I am wondering if I just have to keep pestering her till she forgives me, or if it is hopeless.
Shades of Power Girl and Magog! I love it.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Star

don't ignore your reasoning trait just fell from 3 to 2 in popularity cause i can never figure out them puzzles
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condors View Post
don't ignore your reasoning trait just fell from 3 to 2 in popularity cause i can never figure out them puzzles
Same here, it sucks.

Edit: I didn't fall in level, but yeah, pretty close.

The trick is that, if you have low Reasoning, never, EVER, go to Robberies. Ignore robberies, its worth the fullfillment you lose.
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Hall of Fame

When I have low Reasoning, I tend to try and buddy up with a smarter teammate when I can. Heck, General Germany managed to solve a few crimes cause I buddied up to freakin' Photon Boy. PB is almost totally useless in a fight, but his ability to beat puzzles is pretty fantastic.

I have, however, been forced to put a few points with City Sweeper into Reasoning... as a "Lone Wolf" (who also struggles to make friends, ontop of causing penalties to teammates in combat) it's just too unreliable to have someone with me. So... that's where most of his hero points have gone.
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCGreyghost View Post
Yeah, they seem to be a 1-40 range, from what I've seen.

The big money in hero points comes from winning awards for doing different things--win 50 fights, publish 100 issues, solve 100 schemes, etc and from leveling--you get a bonus of 1k x level every time your popularity increases.
Yep, I got at least 4 awards and yeah, they give out some major hero points which is very nice, and it helps that if you get knocked down a level, once you get back to the level you where at, it gives you those points as well again.

That being said, about killing off a hero whose in a relationship, I don't know as I have the permanent deaths turned off, so I know that when you kill off someone and they revive, their relationship still stays.

I'm not sure about permanent deaths though since I'm actually kinda nervous to turn them on since I see people getting killed all the time and I'd hate to see what would happen if all the other heroes died off, those who don't have the Immortal deal that is.
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Cobra View Post
Just wondering about strength of moves. I noticed the other day that most of the people in the game, even the very high and prominent members, still just have Regular strength moves. I assume that there is a reason for this, so I was just wondering why before I get too deep with moding. If most of your Well Known and above characters have Super moves (I'd very rare give out Thunderous and Ultimate, obviously) would it have a detrimental effect on the universe you've created?
Here is an example: Regular 1 deals 110 points of damage but costs 0 energy. Powerful 1 deals 220 points of damage but costs some energy. Super 1 deals 330 points of damage and costs more energy. Thunderous 1 deals 440 points of damage and costs even more energy. Ultimate 1 deals 550 points and costs a whole bunch of energy. The reason why even powerhouses have Regular attacks is because they do not cost energy. Even with energy boosters there are still potentially ways to be stuck without any energy, so people need an attack that does not rely on energy usage. Otherwise every turn would just be passing.

And yes, going up in levels does break the balance pretty quickly.
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post

Yeah, I had a hostile one turn into a friendly once!
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Cobra View Post
Regular strength moves don't cost any energy, so they are vital to anyone that doesn't have high stamina/endurance or unlimited energy. If you don't have regular moves when you run out of energy, you are unable to attack. So make sure they have at least one regular move.
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinke View Post
How do you sleep at night?
I don't sleep, that's why these questions pop into my head
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Star

I couldn't find a way to search for this thought I'd ask here; any heroes with Can Multiply Self attribute? I have only seen Cape Killer with it.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Low Minors

My hero (Moving Target) seems to miss most of his attacks and can't even his several villains. Which ability should I add points into to fix this?

My powers are all melee and physical types (rolls against strenght/reaction, I don't really know if this is the reason since I dont know what it means).
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag01 View Post
I couldn't find a way to search for this thought I'd ask here; any heroes with Can Multiply Self attribute? I have only seen Cape Killer with it.
I believe he is the only one.