Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-14-2014, 02:31 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
The Wire was done by the same people who did the Kill Point right? I absolutely adored the Kill Point.
I am not sure, I was not able to find any connection but there might be one. I know they did make Generation Kill for HBO but as far as Kill Point goes I am not sure.
Unread 01-14-2014, 02:34 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I am not sure, I was not able to find any connection but there might be one. I know they did make Generation Kill for HBO but as far as Kill Point goes I am not sure.
Apparently there's just cross over on actors.
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Phenom

Quote:
I'm about to start the Wire, so I'll probably give Boardwalk Empire a shot after that. Every time I say I've never seen the Wire to people I get yelled at for missing one of the greatest shows of all time. I figure I better give it a shot and see what the fuss is about.
I LOVE the Wire. it's probably my favorite all time show I've seen it 3 times front to back. The acting is ridiculous, especially considering how many inexperienced actors (or non-actors in some cases) they used.
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Phenom

I nerded out at the end of Arrow tonight. Nerded out hard.

That show isn't perfect but it's well paced and knows how to build to stuff. Can't wait for The Flash.
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Living Legend

Just finished episode 3 of series 3 of Sherlock.

MY GOD
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Phenom

Quote:

MY GOD
I plan on getting to this at some point. I saw the seasons are nice and short. That's right up my alley. But I just caught up to Justified and since I'm always late to the party I decided to try to watch "Lost" finally lol. so at this rate I should start watching Sherlock a good ten years from now :-)
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Living Legend

The seasons are short because each episode is 90 minutes long
Unread 01-23-2014, 03:25 AM
Living Legend

They ran a Talking Dead like show after Sherlock over here and I have to say it is so odd to see Steven Moffat talk about anything other than Dr. Who.

Speaking of which I wonder if the fans are going to take to Peter Capaldi. The reason why I say this is because the newer Dr. Who fans tend to be younger and so they were more apt to associate with younger Doctors like Matt Smith and David Tennant (I guess Christopher Eccleston was slightly older but he was only around for one season and people did not really get into the new series until Tennant came along.). The newer younger fans have never really been exposed to an older (Though 55 is not old in my book, to someone in their teens or 20's well that is damn near ancient.) actor playing the Doctor. I wonder if the generational gap will hurt.
Unread 01-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Super Star

I have an excellent book on Arnold Rothstein somewhere. Can't argue he had a profound impact when you consider the 1919 World Series.... essentially ended the likes of Shoeless Joe Jackson's careers.

Currently watching a number of DVDs - House of Cards, Under the Dome, and believe it or not, old Cheers and Frasier episodes. Tops.
Unread 01-23-2014, 11:15 PM
All Star

Quote:

MY GOD
Not sure what to make of that ending.
Unread 01-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
Not sure what to make of that ending.
It seriously gave me goosebumps.
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Living Legend

Finally started the Wire.

My god, I hate myself for not starting it sooner.
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
They ran a Talking Dead like show after Sherlock over here and I have to say it is so odd to see Steven Moffat talk about anything other than Dr. Who.

Speaking of which I wonder if the fans are going to take to Peter Capaldi. The reason why I say this is because the newer Dr. Who fans tend to be younger and so they were more apt to associate with younger Doctors like Matt Smith and David Tennant (I guess Christopher Eccleston was slightly older but he was only around for one season and people did not really get into the new series until Tennant came along.). The newer younger fans have never really been exposed to an older (Though 55 is not old in my book, to someone in their teens or 20's well that is damn near ancient.) actor playing the Doctor. I wonder if the generational gap will hurt.
To be fair, though, a lot of late teens/early 20s Who fans (at least in Britain) are probably already familiar with him. It's not like they're throwing in a complete unknown. So IMO the age thing shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, he's a stellar actor, so will quickly win the skeptics over IMO.
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lyrium View Post
To be fair, though, a lot of late teens/early 20s Who fans (at least in Britain) are probably already familiar with him. It's not like they're throwing in a complete unknown. So IMO the age thing shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, he's a stellar actor, so will quickly win the skeptics over IMO.
I don't know enough about British audiences so this may sound ignorant. After going on a British TV kick after getting into the new Dr. Who it seems British TV is a lot less interested in looks then American TV audiences. In fact I would almost say a lot of British TV seems to go for the real people look over the model look of American TV. Which does concern me about how well the new Dr will go over in America. I know so many girls who talk about how cute Smith is and a lot of them seem to feel that way about Tennant too. I could see having an older Dr. causing some American Female fans to leave.
Unread 01-31-2014, 07:49 AM
Phenom

That was one of my favorite things about Luther. They made these people look like crap when they were on the trail of a tough case. They looked exausted, tired, pissy, in desperate need of a shower at times. Whereas you watch Lost and these people are supposedly without amenities for a length of time but they all look like supermodels somehow.