Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Super Star

Default One Segment at a Time

For shows I'd like to see the ability to sim one segment at a time and after the one segment have the ability to go back into booking and change any results based on how you feel the show is going. This would be quite helpful in cases of injuries during matches and also if you have a change of heart midway through your show you can just change right there instead of leaving and reloading the game to fix it.
Unread 08-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBHBK View Post
For shows I'd like to see the ability to sim one segment at a time and after the one segment have the ability to go back into booking and change any results based on how you feel the show is going. This would be quite helpful in cases of injuries during matches and also if you have a change of heart midway through your show you can just change right there instead of leaving and reloading the game to fix it.
Ideally, this should be primarily available in taped TV Shows by default and only be optional outside it. Since, in general, live TV has many inherent advantages over taped shows, the ability to change booking would make taping TV a more viable option.

However, I think an "audible button" could supplement/replace this feature, with the option for a player to "call an audible" before running a match. This could also be used to check booking. Ideally, I'd like to see a penalty attached to the "audible" to reflect real-world booking, but this penalty could be easily turned off.

Last edited by KnowYourEnemy : 08-25-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Unread 11-02-2019, 02:30 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
Ideally, this should be primarily available in taped TV Shows by default and only be optional outside it. Since, in general, live TV has many inherent advantages over taped shows, the ability to change booking would make taping TV a more viable option.

However, I think an "audible button" could supplement/replace this feature, with the option for a player to "call an audible" before running a match. This could also be used to check booking. Ideally, I'd like to see a penalty attached to the "audible" to reflect real-world booking, but this penalty could be easily turned off.
I'm late on a response for this but the penalty would be best too since like you said IRL it would be a negative. But I think having it on both Live and taped should be used since on a Live Show you can call an audible. Especially if someone in a tournament gets injured early in the show and they're booked in the finals.
Unread 11-02-2019, 06:56 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBHBK View Post
Already been announced as being in 2020

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...04&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland

This will be a very short journal entry for a very large change!

TEW2020 will feature on-the-fly booking for the first time. This means that when you're running a show you can "drop out" of the live event and back to the booking screen whenever you like. Obviously you won't be able to alter segments that have already taken place, but you can edit the rest of the show.

This allows for both proactive and reactive changes. In the former camp, you might feel you're losing the crowd and so move one of your more exciting matches forward in order to wake them back up. You might want to change someone's character details so that they can work multiple matches on the same show under different identities. As far as reacting goes, injuries or audibles might force you to rebook parts of the show, or you may just be so impressed or horrified by someone's performance that you want to rebook a later segment to add them in or write them out.

All in all, this just gives you a lot of extra flexibility and makes the shows feel more like a real live experience.