Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Low Minors

Default Favourite Wrestlers Yet to Debut

Who are some of those hidden gems you love picking up after they debut in the game. The guys who you think are going to become stars in future years, or even guys who you just love the look of?
Unread 06-12-2018, 10:07 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPlus View Post
Who are some of those hidden gems you love picking up after they debut in the game. The guys who you think are going to become stars in future years, or even guys who you just love the look of?
Ross Henry and Christopher Ball
Unread 06-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Big fan of a lot of the guys in the first year. Ross Henry, Christopher Ball, Robin DaLay, Jules Night, and Garry The Entertainer are all guys I pick up as a regional company and immediately start some kind of push for those guys. Garry and Robin are the guys I have the most long term success with usually. Also have a soft spot for Ryobe Uno he's 16 when he enters the business and I always pick him up when GCG cut him loose.
Unread 06-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Minor League

I almost exclusively play in Australia so that's where all my picks will be from. I am a big fan of the sebsplex renders of most of the Aussie guys so those will be my picks. Jesse Tasman has always been a stud for me, and Leon Nameth has been a big shock in how quickly he's developed.

My favorite by far is definitely James Diaz. He sat idle in Japan for a while before being available to sign and he has been an absolute stud. He's only 22 and he can churn out a B- rated match with almost anyone on my roster, and his skills are skyrocketing. I'm scared to push him too hard because I don't want him to get poached by a big Japanese company before I hit Cult. Ryobe Uno is another guy who has come across the pond on a one-time deal for my Young Lion's Cup and has stuck around since then, he's been a great swiss army midcarder for me and he's improving a lot now that BCG picked him up as well.
Unread 06-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Living Legend

Ross Henry

Especially if Iím playing as TCW. If you stick with him he can be your biggest asset down the line.
Unread 06-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Rookie

Lucy Stone-McFly, by a mile. She'll be carrying my Women's Division one day, 1 year in and already having B+ matches.
Unread 06-13-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Ross Henry

Especially if Iím playing as TCW. If you stick with him he can be your biggest asset down the line.
I always thought of Henry as more of a USPW guy because of his popularity, green wrestling skills, and he pairs well with Julius Moor, another ex-Footballer. What do you normally do with him?
Unread 06-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Low Minors

Ross Henry 'fo sho. Pick him up in almost every new game I start. Great starting popularity for a new regional or cult company.
Unread 06-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccamo View Post
I always thought of Henry as more of a USPW guy because of his popularity, green wrestling skills, and he pairs well with Julius Moor, another ex-Footballer. What do you normally do with him?
I position him like Goldberg. Destroying local talent for weeks building up his psych. After that gets old he starts working his way through my undercard jobbers. Usually at this point I start signing older dudes to one appearance deals to get destroyed.

He takes awhile to make him ready, but his good brawl skill, high start pop, and star quality makes him the perfect tool to combat SWF and USPW with some work.
Unread 06-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Living Legend

In my short break from writing, I've been able to play a very long NOTBPW game and getting David Stone is amazing. The only problem with Stone is that not many people play the game long enough to get him (He debuts in 2019).
Unread 06-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Hall of Fame

I love Laura Flame. Iíve no clue what her status is in 2016 anymore since itís been a while between starting a new game but thatís my go to answer.
Unread 06-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Minor League

Lucy Stone-McFly is one of the best, male or female, so def her.
Unread 06-13-2018, 03:09 PM
All Star

Excluding the second or third generation wrestlers, strange nobody said Tommy Cornell Jr, Rocky Weatherfield could be a major player for SWF given time and development.
Unread 06-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Phenom

I'll go with someone on the Japanese scene that might be obscure. You have to play about four years for him to be available, but I love Nakayama. Great look, great character; a yellow face painted mad men who's mild mannered backstage. There's so many directions you could use him for. He starts off with B star quality I believe too. Definitely an underrated gem.
Unread 06-13-2018, 11:27 PM
All Star

Bret Heartbreak is one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned. He debuts super young and has lots of potential. Same with American Elemental II. And I often pick up Reilly Patton as a jobber and discover he's on the Next Big Thing list, oddly enough.