Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Low Minors

Default The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread

.....OH, COME ON! I just thought with Adam working on the upcoming Comic Book Hero that it'd be appropriate to start up a discussion thread centered on, well, comic books. Anything goes. DC, Marvel, other big names, and if you could please drop in some indies as well.

I guess I'll start off with this:

Hello, Miles Morales. Or should I just strictly refer to you as "The New Ultimate Spiderman"?

New Biracial Spider-Man Causes Controversy on the Web

Honestly, I don't really seem the least bit fazed by this. It caught me off-guard a little, but seeing that this guy only exists in the alternate "Ultimate" universe, it wasn't much of a big deal for me to be spazzing out pissed about like I notice some die-hards are at the moment. What about your takes on the matter?
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
All Star

Huh. I was certain that there were a comic thread already...

Anyway, Colbert's response to the black/hispanic Spidey thing is hilarious:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...rshare_twitter

Does anyone really care about the Ultimate universe, though? And are the people complaining actually complaining about the ethnicity of this new Spidey, or over the fact that they killed off and replaced beloved Peter Parker? There's a huge difference.
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Super Star

[quote=Hive;1682895]Huh. I was certain that there were a comic thread already...

LOL there is.

But as to this new guy.Well its a alternet universe so don't really phase me much.But you know how die hard fans can be.

Like when the last Star Trek movie came out some die hard's were screaming foul ball way before the movie even came out.
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:21 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b View Post
Like when the last Star Trek movie came out some die hard's were screaming foul ball way before the movie even came out.
I waited untill I actually saw the movie before I complained about it. Terrible, terrible decision to retcon away nearly 50 years of Star Trek history... and I doubt I'll be watching any new movies in this franchise. But that's OT...
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Super Star

Hey i liked it lol.
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:59 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b View Post
Hey i liked it lol.
Have you watched every single episode of TNG, DS9 and VOY like geeky me? ~8 seasons of ~22 episodes of ~45 min each times 3... only to have JJ Abrams come tell me "lolz none of that ever happened, that entire universe with all those beloved characters you have grown fond of are hereby whiped from existance!!!!"...