Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-13-2019, 03:22 AM
Rookie

Raw was fun.

Unread 08-13-2019, 12:45 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Kofi vs Orton was trash. Itís 2019, Orton should have lost cleanly.
Yeah, this was the major downer of the PPV. Not a deal breaker for the entire event, but a very odd decision. If they felt the storyline needed more time before an actual win (and therefore an actual match, or a decisive win) they should have started sooner. While I see the potential in extending the feud and not giving a decisive winner, there were still better ways to do it. The only logical scenario would have been for this feud to start much sooner and to conclude with a Kofi decisive win at a big PPV like Summerslam. But obviously they rushed the storyline and now want to milk it as much as they can.
Unread 08-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Major League

Anybody ELSE think SummerSlam was a stealth TEW event?
Unread 08-13-2019, 04:27 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullMETAL View Post
Anybody ELSE think SummerSlam was a stealth TEW event?
Now that is an awesome post
Unread 08-14-2019, 03:24 AM
Rookie

Smackdown was good as well. Murphy and Reigns had a good match. Daniel Bryan should be running promo classes at the PC.
Unread 08-14-2019, 09:16 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk8492 View Post
Now that is an awesome post
Indeed. This reminds me of all those diaries where people were repeatedly called out for unrealistic premises as WWE full of indie darlings or retired legends like HBK, The Rock, or Goldberg, among others, always returning at some point in time. This is why I always laugh when someone says playing TEW in RW mods is "limited". Yeah right...anything can happen in real life. And whatever didn't happened could have happened, could have come to happen, could still happen in some way, and so on. But i will bet that at some point in time, either that show or something very similar was booked on TEW's history at some point. Even EWR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Smackdown was good as well. Murphy and Reigns had a good match. Daniel Bryan should be running promo classes at the PC.
I enjoyed SD, I think the quality of the product is slowly improving. I hope they use some of the talent that is usually at catering to give us some more new exciting match ups. Murphy sold really well for Reigns, made him look strong, made himself look good and we got a very good match out of it.

The whole Kofi can't beat Orton was pretty much the direction we all expected, but we've also been expecting it for a decade, so it sells itself. I still think it should have started sooner and concluded at Summerslam, but it did not come to be, so I'll take it for what it is and hope they book it well. I don't know if they can stretch it out to November, so it's a shame if it concludes in a B PPV. Still curious to see how they handle it.

The who did it to Reigns is getting a long buildup. Extremely curious to see where they take this next week. Overall there are starting to be some points to be curious about to tune in in the coming weeks. If they keep it in that direction and improve from there, it would be great. But the new Stone Cold, a new version of I did it for The Rock, and so on... They seem to be reaching for their bag of old hits. May turn out to be fun, as some have been played out long ago and in time to be revisited. May not. As always, depends on the booking. We'll see.
Unread 08-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Rookie

Unread 08-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Star

So is SummerSlam now the "family issues" PPV?

-Rey vs Eddie for Dominic in a Ladder Match
-Samoa Joe vs AJ Style with AJ's wife and daughter involved in the storyline
-Kofi Kingston's family harassed by Orton

I know 3 of 30 some odd years is hardly a trend. But I don't remember much as far as non wrestling extended family involvement in other main shows.
Unread 08-20-2019, 03:04 AM
Rookie

Raw was great. Don't usually get so many good matches on the one show.
Unread 08-20-2019, 03:08 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Raw was great. Don't usually get so many good matches on the one show.
I concur, almost as good as RAW was back in the day.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:54 AM

Was a very enjoyable three hours.

They've got clear goals going forward here and it could make for an interesting few months:

Sasha back being her best self is refreshing as anything. The whole premise of the boss was that she was better than everyone and everyone was beneath her, the whole face turn was nice and she got to play up that you can be a tough person and yourself, but Becky plays that role so much better and Sasha really can just nail down that princess 'fear me, worship me' gimmick.

Alexa Bliss and Nicki Cross are faces/heels? Who really cares. The dynamic of the team is getting stronger, you know it'll eventually lead to Bliss just using someone again for her own gain but the way the psychology of the match played out last night you'd almost say Deville was the face in there and Cross has started more and more to fight dirtier to get what she wants. There doesn't seem to be a team in theory that can take the belts from them, bar the Kabuki Warriors or an eventual split of that team with Io coming up from NXT and teaming with a heel Asuka sick of Kairi always taking the fall.

The Fiend is the best part of wrestling in 2019. Jerry Lawler still knows how to work a crowd, the whole trying to get out of dodge to still get caught was brilliant.

Sami Zayns meltdowns and Dolph Zigglers insanity is eventually going to make a great team.

There doesn't seem to be a purpose for Strowman/Rollins unless one of them is turning heel. If they lose the belts it's because one is turning on the other, or they get screwed out of it and naturally both should want to take it back. But there isn't a team theoretically good enough to pin either the universal champion or a monster without needing help or getting it from their partner. Unless we're going TNA Angle days and having Strowman win the belt off AJ and then a winner takes all at Clash of Champions before vacating everything but the Universal as Heyman takes over creative control, you're either looking at turning Rollins heel with no real face challengers bar Reigns (technically SmackDown) Strowman (who would beat him in one match so screw job finishes for months) or the OC playing anti authority figures who knew Seth was a coward all along.
Unread 08-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Living Legend

NXT is officially moving to USA Network and it's going to be live for two hours.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Does this say much about how they view AEW?

In some senses they're already staging a war against them from show 1 essentially, but they're doing it with their C/D brand, the one that has a lot of the "work rate" guys in and a lot of guys AEW would have loved to have signed if they weren't tied down to contracts.

If they'd gone in with a SmackDown you could sense fear from WWE, but this almost just screams, hey we don't mind losing a bit of revenue from the Network if it means we can put you to bed quickly.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:32 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyDontKneel View Post
Does this say much about how they view AEW?

In some senses they're already staging a war against them from show 1 essentially, but they're doing it with their C/D brand, the one that has a lot of the "work rate" guys in and a lot of guys AEW would have loved to have signed if they weren't tied down to contracts.

If they'd gone in with a SmackDown you could sense fear from WWE, but this almost just screams, hey we don't mind losing a bit of revenue from the Network if it means we can put you to bed quickly.
NXT is still going on the Network, it's just on a 24 hour delay
Unread 08-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Super Star

24 hour delay is acceptable. I hardly ever watch it live. Just no time.

I may be in the minority, but Sasha does nothing for me. She peaked at the TakeOver Brooklyn with Bayley.