Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Major League

I will be running the next show either tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening. 24+ hour notice to get your picks in!
Unread 10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Major League

If anybody else wants to pick, get em in now! The next show will be ran tonight
Unread 10-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
My take

Drago and ADR win because of tension between Anderson and Aries
GOD win because of their teamwork.
The Brits win what promises to be an interesting match up of teams with a similar stylistic mash up.
Desi Hit Squad with an upset as Williams and Steve fail to connect

With searching bring up all the people, choose role and make it wrestler and sort by abilities choosing in ring and choose great. Then choose either based in or nationality. When you search you will get a limited number of workers. If you chose Canada one who comes up is Lufisto for instance. If you don't find someone you like drop the standard to good and redo the search. While many workers are with big companies there will tend to be some good talent who for whatever reason didn't get runs with big companies. If you want star power search by that instead of or as well as in ring. So say Australia you would get Matt Basso come up, he is a big guy with a good look and good skills but many people who haven't seen RCW or MCW would never have seen him. With some practice you can find hidden gems like Senza Volvo from France who is a decent Luchadore. So when you feel like changing it up there are options out there but often the names won't be instantly recognisable to you.
Thanks for the info. I actually did go through the roster, and I actually have a fair amount of great in-ring workers, so hopefully the ratings will go up. I haven't been posting show or match ratings because for the purposes of this dynasty, I didn't find it overly important, but my show ratings have been in the low to mid 40's range so far. Part of that is I had the Match Intensity rating set way too low and my matches were being heavily penalized.

I might just scrap the prediction contest, as you and BHK1978 are really the only ones predicting every card, and just give each of you guys 3 picks for wrestlers to use in the next season.
Unread 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
If you are struggling to find wrestlers for nations you could always do what MLB did for the stupid World Baseball Classic. They took American born players and put them on teams where their ancestors came from. So you would have Mike Piazza, who was born in the United States, play for team Italy. It is a stretch to do something like that but it is wrestling and I guess it is doable because Baseball has already don it.

Drago & Alberto El Patron vs. Austin Aries & Mr. Anderson
Toru Yano & Kushida vs. Tama Tonga & Taula Fifita
Nick Aldis & Will Osprey vs. Amazing Red & Carlito
Crazzy Steve & Petey Williams vs. Desi Hit Squad (readers vote match)

Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams is such an odd pairing that I feel I am required to pick them to win.
That is always a possibility, I'll have to look into that as well. I think I'm just going to scrap the prediction contest, as you and alpha2117 are pretty much the only ones voting every single show, and just give you guys a couple picks each for wrestlers for next season. If more people start predicting regularly, I can always go back and chart everything and reopen the prediction contest. Or I may just save it for season 2 and give everybody that predicts a choice of 1 wrestler. I haven't decided how to handle that yet.
Unread 10-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Major League

IPOW Unleashed
Wednesday, Week 3, October 2018
Bailey-Bryton Field- Pullman, WA
Show Attendance: 3,204

Men's Tag Team Block Matches

Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams vs. Desi Hit Squad

A pretty good match, but not great. Nobody can deny the teamwork of Desi Hit Squad, but Steve and Williams were the better in-ring performances, and Williams finished the Desi Hit Squad off with a Canadian Destroyer.

Winners: Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams (3 points)
Canada- 6 points total

Tonga and Fifita vs. Toru Yano and Kushida

Kushida dominated the match in the ring, far outperforming the other competitors. He carried most of the match, getting the win for his team.

Winners: Yano and Kushida (3 points)
Japan- 4 points total

Nick Aldis and Will Osprey vs. Amazing Red and Carlito

The Brits worked together well in this one, and Aldis proved why he was a worthy NWA champion. This was a solid match, but in the end, the Brits were too tough.

Winners: Aldis and Osprey (2 points *reminder, because of Osprey getting in the backstage fight, his team was penalized 1 point to start the competition*)
England- 6 points total (Osprey's penalty point lost did not cost the nation of England a point.)

Drago and Alberto El Patron vs. Austin Aries and Mr. Anderson

A great way to end the show, as it got the highest rating so far. Aries and Alberto went back and forth with in-ring performance, but in the end Aries was able to get a submission to give his team the victory.

Winners: Aries and Anderson
United States- 9 total points

There was also a bikini contest between Hikaru Shida, Shanna, Madison Rayne, and Chelsea Green that had the 2nd highest rating of the night, a good way to hype up the women's competition that begins with the next show.
Unread 10-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Major League

Our next show features the Women, as the Men get a couple weeks off. Next week will be block A of the Women's competition. The 4 matches are:

Chelsea Green vs. Celeste Bonin
Fabi Apache vs. Toni Storm
Hikaru Shida vs. Tenille Dashwood
Isla Dawn vs. Katarina Leigh (readers vote match)

Remember, the readers vote matches are decided by a completely random dice roll. Unfortunately, there would have been better choices, but so be it, as the 2 main voters end up making a prediction for all the matches anyways.
Unread 10-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Super Star

My take -

The former Kaitlyn is a better version of Chelsea so she goes over.
Storm is your future so she goes over Fabi in what should be a great match
Tenille vs Shida should be pretty good. I'll go with Tenille due to her higher profile.
The girl who once was going to do an incest angle goes over the girl best known as Tommy End's former girlfriend in a Eye Candy match
Unread 10-03-2018, 01:17 AM
Living Legend

When I have done diaries in the past I have done the exact same thing. It is always nice to have people predict but sometimes there are not a lot of people picking.

Unread 10-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Major League

I will be running the next show either tonight or tomorrow night, so get those picks in!
Unread 10-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Major League

IPOW Unleashed
Wednesday, Week 4, October 2018
Crutcher Scott Field- Abilene, TX
Show Attendance:

Women's Singles Block A Matches

As expected, the first women's match didn't do too well, as the crowd just wasn't into it. Oh well, I'm not going to change the way I'm booking things because in the end, it's all about the competition, not the ratings or anything. Oh yea, Tenille got the win, and Shida was definitely off her game tonight.

Winner: Tenille Dashwood (3 points)
Australia- 3 points total

Isla Dawn vs. Katarina Leigh

An even worse match than the other one, no surprise (I'm really gonna have to reconsider having women's wrestling in this if I can't get the top in-ring workers from the other companies). Katarina got the pin, but this was a brutal match.

Winner: Katarina Leigh
Germany- 3 points total

Celeste Bonin vs. Chelsea Green

3 for 3 on bad matches so far. Yep, the women aren't cutting it. This could end up being a broken record before Season 1 of IPOW is over. Anyways, in a bit of a surprise, Chelsea Green got the victory. Celeste was off her game, probably due to ring rust.

Winner: Chelsea Green
Canada- 9 points total

Is it safe to say we know what I'm going to say about this match? I won't even do it. Fabi clearly showed her in-ring abilities in this match, but it was Toni that got the surprise win.

Winner: Toni Storm
New Zealand- 3 points total

There was also an interview with Austin Aries and Mr. Anderson that got the highest rating of the show. Go figure. It appears I turned some options on that also hurt the overall rating, and all the broadcasters I have tv deals with are unhappy about this show (Again, not that I care because this dynasty isn't about ratings and money as much as it is the Olympic style competition with votes. I have another dynasty going that I hope you guys read too, and it focuses much more on everything that this dynasty doesn't. Hence the reason I'm keeping this one going, because I know I have 2 readers and voters that are enjoying it!
Unread 10-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Major League

Round 1 of this competition ends with Block B of the Women's Singles. The matches for it are as follows:

Angel Williams vs. Madison Eagles
Alpha Female vs. Madison Rayne
Makoto vs. Kay Lee Ray
Mari Apache vs. Shanna (readers vote match)

I will run this show probably on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.

I'm also more than happy to take into consideration any opinions or comments you guys have on future format changes, etc, as I'd like to keep IPOW going for at least 5 seasons.

Any comments on qualifying for next season (especially with the larger game areas that have the most wrestlers, USA, Mexico, Japan, England), format to the competition itself. Anything. I'm open to ideas. Thanks.
Unread 10-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Star

Makoto vs. Kay Lee Ray

My take -

So the best wrestler in your women's ranks takes on Angel Williams - that's only going one way. Chono's step-daughter is going to kill Rayne if she's going to be a monster heel. Kay Lee Ray has a big upside and Makoto is a middle of the road Japanese talent. Mari Apache should win based purely on talent.
Unread 10-09-2018, 01:00 AM
Living Legend

Makoto vs. Kay Lee Ray
Unread 10-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Major League

I will be running the next show tonight. I know it's short notice but if you want to get your votes in, you have about 7 hours to do so
Unread 10-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Major League

Well, if anybody still wants to vote, they can. Due to things beyond my control, I will now be running this show tomorrow afternoon, so you have another 18 hours or so to get your votes in.