Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Minor League

Saskatchewan Wrestling Finale

SW Heavyweight
Drew Martinez vs. Lobo ©

Tag Team Match
George Trent & Jon Diamani vs. Jim Heatly & Khrome

Singles Match
Adam Sullivan vs. Emir Tanovic
Unread 09-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Phenom

SW Heavyweight
Drew Martinez vs. Lobo ©
Lobo seems more impressive than Martinez, so I'm just going with one title change going into the finals.

Tag Team Match
Khrome getting the huge beat down, this tag match gives him a chance to dominate as the hot tag and look like the guy to beat in the tournament

Singles Match
I like Tanovic a lot, but I don't see the boss losing here
Unread 09-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Hall of Fame

I've never played the T-Verse so I won't be able to predict but popping in to say that I'm definitely interested in this and I hope you go the distance.
Unread 09-04-2018, 11:23 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
I've never played the T-Verse so I won't be able to predict but popping in to say that I'm definitely interested in this and I hope you go the distance.
Thanks. I'm not going to lie, I have zero expectations that I'll actually complete the RtG challenge in the form of this diary. My main goal is the same as any tabletop RPG I'm in, end at a logical stopping point.

I'm still up in the air on what's the first milestone that I would consider stopping at. At first, I thought I would run through just the first couple of months of play as a sort of mini-diary, but as time went on I realized that I'd want to go deeper than that. Then I thought about either getting the company up to small or until we were out of debt, however I realized how tricky it is to work around production costs and the regional battles. I guess I'll figure it out at a later date.

On a different note, thanks to everyone that has been predicting. I'm not planning on doing anything special with them, but I enjoy reading them. It's always interesting to see how others are interrupting what is going on.

Note: I mentioned it in passing on the Discord, but Saskatchewan Wrestling Finale will be up tomorrow with the final show of January being released on Friday. Depending on how my bandwidth is, the plan is to have 2-3 updates a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday OR Tuesday, Thursday).
Unread 09-05-2018, 08:06 AM
All Star

SW Finale
Sunday, Week 2, January 2016
9 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Lobo had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Drew Martinez. Or rather Adam Sullivan tried to interview Lobo as the current heavyweight champion completely ignored Adam, instead focusing on his pre-match workout.

Rating: E
Quote:

Tag Team Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, George Trent and Jon Diamani defeated Jim Heatly and Khrome in 6:57 when Khrome was disqualified after holding on to a choke on Jon Diamani past the referee's five count and Jim Heatly hit George Trent with a chair.

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Jim Heatly and Khrome had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping their previous tag match with George Trent and Diamani as well as their upcoming singles matches. Adam questions why they would throw away a match. Khrome tries to get into Adam's face, but Jim pulls him back. Jim tells Adam that he should know very well that a win or loss tonight meant nothing and that what matters are next week's matches at Wrestling for Charity, matches that their opponents are going to be just a little less ready for after tonight.

Rating: E-
Quote:

Singles Match

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Adam Sullivan defeated Emir Tanovic in 7:23 by pinfall with a Coast To Coast.

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Drew Martinez had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Lobo. Drew Martinez congratulates Adam his win earlier in the night and says that he's going to try to do his best and follow Adam's lead. Drew says that he respects Lobo's talent, but thinks SW deserves a final champion that is more dedicated to the fans and the business.

Quote:

Drew Martinez vs. Lobo ©
SW Heavyweight Championship

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, Lobo defeated Drew Martinez in 19:07 by pinfall with a Wolf's Call.

Rating: E+
Overall Rating: E

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 66%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (1.5%)
Prestige: +0.2% (0.6%)
Prestige: +1.0% (3.0%)

Gimmick Ratings
Legendary: Lobo (Lobo Wolf)
Average: Drew Martine (Armed Forces), Emir Tanovic (Bad Ass)

Foolish Commentary: Going into this, I knew that the match grades were not going to be very high. While the wrestlers I'm bring in are talented, they aren't over with the Canadian audiences at all. So imagine my surprise when I saw that Drew and Lobo putting on an E+ match right off the bat. This good fortune was due to the combo having great chemistry as opponents (and what about that gimmick rating from Lobo?). Speaking of chemistry, the game was nice enough to give me two more notices during tonight's show as Adam and Emir have pretty good chemistry as opponents while Jim and Khrome have excellent chemistry as tag partners. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this good luck, but I'm going to take it.

In other news, this was the first event where I got an event pop-up, three in-fact. The first two were pretty harmless and both Jon and Khrome were sentenced in wrestler's court by Adam Sullvian. The last pop-up wasn't as nice as our referee, Lee Harden, came to the show hung over. I gave him a stern warning, but nothing came over it.

Finally, it's funny just how much overness your wrestlers will gain just by wrestling each other when they have no overness to speak of. I had to manually set Lobo and Drew to be main event talent to make sure that I didn't get penalized for having them working a match and being a part of a six minute angle.

Wrestling for Charity Community Cup 2016

NEO Community Cup Finals
Lincoln Nash vs. Seung Zhi

Wildcard Qualifier #1 Final
George Trent vs. Jim Heatly

Wildcard Qualifier #2 Final
Jon Diamani vs. Khrome

Last edited by foolinc : 09-08-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 09-05-2018, 08:12 AM

NEO Community Cup Finals

Jon Diamani vs. Jim Heatly
Unread 09-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Hall of Fame

NEO Community Cup Finals
No idea again so random pick. Who ever is the face will likely advance as by my count, we have two heels and one face in the tournament so far and Iīd assume that Qualifiers will but one each into tournament. Of course, it doesnīt need to be that way or even 3/3 split between faces and heels since itīs round robin, but I go with this anyway.

Like I said, Iīm going one face and one heel route on these wildcard qualifiers and that means that Trent goes over here.

Jon Diamani vs. Khrome
Khrome seems to get the monster heel treatment so Iīd assume he gets into tournament.
Unread 09-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Phenom

NEO Community Cup Finals
I actually know who both of these guys are without having to look! Lincoln Nash is a flavorful guy and can bring a lot of fun to any feud he's in, so I'll give the win to him here.

I don't think you are so conceited to book yourself ANOTHER win

Jon Diamani vs. Khrome
The monster wins instead of the mouthpiece

I am a huge fan of the way you are doing the title "unification", I always get hung up on how to introduce my first title in my local to globals so I am definitely stealing this for my next game.
Unread 09-06-2018, 03:07 AM
Super Star

NEO Community Cup Finals

Jon Diamani vs. Khrome
Unread 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM
All Star

WFC Community Cup 2016
Saturday, Week 3, January 2016
9 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Lincoln Nash had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Seung Zhi. Nash says he might have had a rocky start with the fans here at WFC, but now they are on the same page he knows he can't lose. He thanks everyone for their donations and tells everyone to join him at the local pub after the event for some adult beverages.

Quote:

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jim Heatly defeated George Trent in 6:55 by pinfall after hitting Trent with a pair of brass knuckles.

Rating: F+
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Jim Heatly had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his previous match with George Trent. Adam tries to complain about what just happened, but Jim cuts Sullivan off. With a gigantic smirk, Jim states that he can't talk right because he needs to ice his hand down due to punching George Trent so hard. He then tells Adam that he'll see him next month before walking out of the building.

Quote:

Jon Diamani vs. Khrome

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jon Diamani defeated Khrome in 7:45 by pinfall with a Knee To The Temple.

Quote:

In-Ring Segment

Jon Diamani starts to celebrate his victory, but it's cut short thanks to an angry Khrome. The hooded monster, slams Diamani into the side of the ring and continues his assault until the "security" pulls him away.

Rating: C-
Quote:

NEO Community Cup Finals

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Lincoln Nash defeated Seung Zhi in 16:39 by pinfall with a Gangsta Chaos. Lincoln Nash wins the NEO Community Cup title.

Overall Rating: E

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 63%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (2.0%)
Prestige: +0.2% (0.8%)
Prestige: +1.0% (4.0%)

Gimmick Ratings
Very Good: Lincoln Nash (Ladies Man)
Above Average: Sueng Zhi (Cocky Youth)

Foolish Commentary: I know I still got the full 0.5% points for this show, but looking back on it, I really should have figured out a better match-up than Nash/Zhi for this show. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have swapped Chris King and Lincoln Nash. Sure, there still would have been a styles clash between Nash and Cole, but with these types of games, I like to see progress and this main event was anything but that. Then again, I did find out that Nash and Zhi have great chemistry, so I guess it could be worse? Speaking of worse, the reason why Jim and George didn't have a better match is because they don't click.

In other news, Lee Harden once again showed up hungover. This time I fined him and now there is simmering tension between us. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I would very much like to keep his as my ref due to just how cheap he is, but if he's going to tank my locker room, then there he's going to be more trouble than he's worth. Maybe I'll get lucky and TEW's AI will spit out a cheap referee at the start of next month.

Finally, I wanted to talk a little bit about how I am handling my contracts. As you might have noticed, I used a good number of workers throughout the month. The reason I was able to do so was by offering most of the wrestlers one to three month contract with a maximum number of three appearances (as opposed to a traditional one to three year contract). By offering the wrestlers short term contracts, I was able to have a variety of different matches in the short term without having to try and manage a large roster. A great example of this is George Trent. I signed him to a 3 appearance contract and he was irate after being left off of the HORSESHOE show. If he was on a longer deal, that move would still be affecting him and the rest of the locker room. More importantly, wrestlers that sign one to three appearance deals (with a maximum length of three months) are able to be re-hired the moment their contract is over.

NEO Championship Wrestling
Generational Title Tournament

Chris King | James Heatly

Jon Diamani | Lincoln Nash

Lobo | Ryan Strong

Who do you got?

Note: Next week should be another Monday, Wednesday, Friday release with Monday being a recap of the month (financials and the like), Wednesday going over the tournament and the wrestlers involved, and Friday being night one of the round robin. Please let me know if there is anything that you'd like to know about NEO and the rest of the T-Verse.

Last edited by foolinc : 09-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Unread 09-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Living Legend

i hope lobo eats ryan strong
Unread 09-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Super Star

i hope khrome is suspended for his unsportsman and heinous attack. sore loser.
Unread 09-08-2018, 09:35 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
i hope lobo eats ryan strong
If that literally happened, this would be a WILDLY different type of diary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
i hope khrome is suspended for his unsportsman and heinous attack. sore loser.
Don't worry. He will at least be suspended for a month, maybe two or three, or more (you know until I re-sign him because he's awesome and pairs well with Jim).
Unread 09-10-2018, 08:21 AM
All Star

The first month of shows is in the books and Iím more than pleased. Besides the issues with Lee Harden, everything has better than expected. All of the shows gained the maximum amount of popularity and I got a bunch of chemistry notes to boot. Obviously, the notes arenít going to be helping me out right now as NEO begins a round robin tournament, but the block matches are only going to be happening for five shows. Eventually, we will have more than six wrestlers on the same show.

Quote:
Overview January 2016

Promotional Progress
Overness (SK): +2.0% (2.0%)
Prestige: +0.8% (0.8%)
Prestige: +1.0% (4.0%)
Cash: -$7,442 (-$6,442)

Income Breakdown
Ticket Sales: $300
Sponsorships: $166
Merchandise: $438
Misc.: $1,474

Expenditures Breakdown
Workers: $6,290
Show Cost: $2,200
Marketing: $252
Merchandise: $146
Production: $540
Misc.: $392

Current Estimated Finances
Sponsorships: $579
Marketing: $250
Administration (Misc.): $250
Legal (Misc.): $150
Production: $250
People new to Road to Glory or 0/0/0/0 promotions might be shocked at just how much money is coming in, or rather that's it's not coming in at all. As I said in a prior update, the game really isnít meant to be played at this low of a popularity. Itís also the reason why I planned to run twelve shows in the span of three months. Itís true that I will be incurring losses through the first quarter of 2016, but I can make up the difference by slowing down once the sponsorship and ticket sales start to become more reasonable. Another option would be to just keep running four shows each and every week, but I donít know if I could do that without completely burning out.

Quote:
Canadian Overview

Canada
Economy: D- (Rising)
Wrestling Industry: D- (Rising)

18. Great North Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D
Highest Match Rating: C- (Sebastian St. James over Ares)

23. Calgary Championship Wrestling
Highest Match Rating: C- (Porkchop Biscuit Jr. over Kyndell Wilson)

36. All Action Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D-
Highest Match Rating: D (Schism over Travis Dickman)

46. Montreal Hardcore Revolution
Highest Match Rating: C- (Sami Switchblade over Damien Shadows)

48. Western Canada Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D+
Highest Match Rating: D+ (Dwaine Kay over Keymo)

55. NEO Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: E+
Highest Match Rating: E+ (Lobo over Drew Martinez)
The first thing that I noticed is that I'm almost guaranteed to get into a regional battle with at least CCW and AAW once we hit 11.0% in Saskatchewan (maybe more depending on what GNW does). The second thing I noticed was that the future battles look to be more than winnable. It may not look like it now, but trust me when I say that this crew has the potential to win a battle with just a bit more overness in the area. And even if they can't, I will be able to out think and out grind the AI promotions, limiting the amount of overness lose sustained via those battles.
Unread 09-12-2018, 08:29 AM
All Star

Per my initial strategy/kayfabe background, we are scheduled to run eight more shows over the next two months. To keep my costs low, I plan on keeping the first five shows self-contained to the round robin matches. Iím going to keep my options open for the last three shows in March.

The only thing thatís written in stone is the last show will have the title match as the main event. I have an overall idea for the main events in mind, but I like to be flexible as the game can throw obstacles in my way as well give me additional good things like chemistry notes.

Note: It looks like not a lot of people are familiar with the roster, if not the T-Verse in general. With this being the case, Iíve added a more in-depth preview of the roster as well as the round robin structure and schedule.

Please let me know if you have any questions or requests going forward. There is going to come a point where my Foolish Commentary is going to start to get light. I've thought about adding a couple of small tutorials/insights on how I produce and maintain my diary, but even then there are only so many things to talk about.

Quote:

2016 NEO Generational Title Tournament

Tournament Rules
1. Each wrestler will fight one another in singles competition over the course of five events.
2. Winning the match nets a wrestler 3 points.
3. A draw gain both wrestlers 1 point.
4. A disqualification will penalize a wrestler 1 point. The opponent will gain 3 points for the win. A double disqualification will give both wrestlers a negative point.
5. The two wrestlers with the highest number of points will face off for the title.
6. If two wrestlers are tied for second, then the tie-breaker will be the result of their match. If their match was a draw, then both wrestlers will advance.

Tournament Schedule

Tournament Participants

Name: Chris King
Home Base: New England, USA
Size: Toned Middleweight
Wrestling Style: Technician

Gimmick: Old School Face (Face)
Signature Moves: The Crown of Saints (package piledriver)

Bio: "Chris King has been bred for this business. King is a third generation star of the King Wrestling Family. The Kings made themselves famous wrestling in Chicago and were located there, never moving to any other area. Now, Chris King is looking to make a name for himself else where. King has decided to distance himself from Chicago and he is now wrestling in Boston. He still respects his Chicago upbringings with his nickname ""The Second City Saint."" No one knows what the future holds for King, but they all know that bright things are ahead.

Despite their similar surnames, Chris has nothing to do with Jerry and Brian King over in Los Angeles."

Name: Jim Heatly
Home Base: Great Lakes, USA
Size: Average Middleweight
Wrestling Style: Regular Wrestler

Gimmick: Cocky Youth (Heel)
Signature Moves: ???

Bio: n/a

Name: Jon Diamani
Home Base: Mid South, USA
Size: Toned Lightweight
Wrestling Style: Japanese Junior

Gimmick: Fanís Own (Face)
Signature Moves: Knee to the Temple (knee to the temple)

Bio: "The biggest thing holding Jon Diamani back is probably his stature, at only 5'10"" and 180 lbs, he's easily on the lighter side of things. Nevertheless, the biggest thing making Jon Diamani stand apart from the whitemeat babyfaces the world over is a giant afro (oft molded into dreads or twists) - and not exactly being 'whitemeat'. A charismatic workhorse is the best way to describe him, he's taken everything that sets him apart, that is his melting pot of African/Canadian/French culture and has harnessed it into making his character stand out, not to mention an addiction for Pop Culture references.

He's never been the best at anything in the ring, but that's never stopped him from trying to be the best at everything in the ring (and can lead him to going over the top in matches and losing sense of psychology), and perhaps that desire will set him apart in his quest to Be A Star."

Name: Lincoln Nash
Home Base: South East, USA
Size: Muscular Middleweight
Wrestling Style: Brawler

Gimmick: Ladies Man (Face)
Signature Moves: Gangsta Chaos (pounce)

Bio: "Billed from the 'mean streets of South Central LA', Lincoln Nash wasn't exactly born into the life he portrays. The only son of the owner of the nationwide chain of Nash Carpets & Upholstery, many expected him to join the family business and live his life selling soft furnishings. Lincon did indeed take a job with the company at the age of sixteen, but only so he could secretly pay his way through the Chaos Wrestling Academy.

After four years Nash graduated with honours and has already made a splash on the indy circuit. Although there are many workers out there who already use the stereotypical 'gangsta' gimmick Nash is pretty damn good at it and many feel he could easily lead a stable of bigger thugs should the opportunity present itself."

Name: Lobo
Home Base: South West, USA
Size: Muscular Light Heavyweight
Wrestling Style: Puroresu Style

Gimmick: Lone Wolf (Heel)
Signature Moves: Wolfís Call (vertical drop brainbuster)

Bio: "A powerful wrestler hailing from Puerto Vallarto, Mexico, Vicente Soto eschews the flashy high flying approach of lucha and instead displays a more realistic style based on vicious striking and power moves. A poor fit for a lucha company, and unwilling to compete in death matches, Soto would spend his first few years in the business working under his real name on independent shows across Mexico.

Soto's career would turn around in 2013 when he met Ernesto Alvarez, aka Dark Wolf II, at an independent show in Mexico City. Suggesting that he would have better luck outside Mexico, Alvarez helped him get some work in Japan where he began using the name Lobo as both a tribute to his friend and a reference to his loner demeanor. Heading to the US for the BAS2 competition, Lobo didn't land a spot in the AWF, but got the attention of Cesar Kaslow who offered him a contract to the newly reopened Club."

Name: Ryan Strong
Home Base: Eastern Australia, AUS
Size: Muscular Middleweight
Wrestling Style: Brawler

Gimmick: Bitter Veteran (Heel)
Signature Moves: Strong Style Collision (running single leg dropkick)

Bio: "When he debuted back in 2001, many thought Ryan Strong would go on to be a huge star. Unfortunately, despite a good look, and decent ring skills, Strong's career came crashing down around him thanks to a drug addiction that ended up splashed across not only wrestling press but also the wider media, who used the events to further smear the industry.

After spending the better part of three years in jail for a drug-related crime, Strong returned to the sport in 2009 clean but virtually black-balled in the United States. After a tour of Europe, Strong began to find his feet once again and was fortunate to be hired to Australian toughman promotion D.I.N.G.O. in 2011 where he seems to have finally laid his demons to rest."

NEO Generational Title Tournament, Night One

NEO GTT Round Robin
Chris King vs. Ryan Strong

NEO GTT Round Robin
Jim Heatly vs. Jon Diamani

NEO GTT Round Robin
Lincoln Nash vs. Lobo