Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-05-2018, 08:07 AM
All Star

NEO Generational Title Tournament, Final Night
Friday, Week 3, March 2016
25 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Colt Kirchart vs. Seung Zhi
2nd Chance Finals

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Colt Kirchart defeated Seung Zhi in 9:15 by pinfall with a Magnum DDT.

Rating: E+
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Colt Kirchart had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with either Chris King or Ryan Strong. Colt is ecstatic about his victory over Seung Zhi and is honored to be the first man to challenge for the NEO Generational championship. When asked who he'd rather face, Colt says the diplomatic answer would that he has no preference, but that would be a lie. Colt would love nothing more than get another chance to take down Ryan Strong.

Quote:

Darnell Smalls vs. Lincoln Nash
Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Lincoln Nash defeated Darnell Smalls in 6:42 by pinfall with a Gangsta Chaos.

Rating: E
Quote:

Jim Heatly vs. Jon Diamani
Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jon Diamani defeated Jim Heatly in 10:58 by pinfall with a Knee To The Temple.

Rating: E-
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Chris King had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Ryan Strong. Chris tells Adam that it's put up or shut up time. He knows he's mentioned in the past that his style didn't quite mesh with the rules of the tournament, but tonight Chris and Ryan will have all of the time in the world.

Quote:

Adam Sullivan vs. Lobo
Singles Match

In a decent match, Lobo defeated Adam Sullivan in 11:59 by pinfall with a Wolf's Call.

Rating: D-
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Ryan Strong had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Chris King. Ryan says that Chris and the rest of the guys in NEO are all talented kids, but that's just that: they are kids. None of them have the experience to know how to be a champion in a major promotion and tonight he's going to prove it.

Quote:

Chris King vs. Ryan Strong
NEO Generational Title

In a decent match, Ryan Strong defeated Chris King in 19:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Ryan Strong wins the NEO Generational title.

Overall Rating: E+

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 57%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (6.0%)
Prestige: +0.2% (2.4%)
Prestige: +1.0% (12.0%)
Foolish Commentary: We've finally crowned a champion and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I can't be too mad at a show that got me a full boost in popularity, but at the same time, I thought King and Strong would have gotten a D- like our previous two main events. On the other hand, Lobo and Adam Sullivan got a D-, so I guess everything evens out.

In other news, this is the last event from my initial batch of shows that I booked. Overall, I'm happy about how everything worked out. I think I was able to show that you can book a number of extremely cost effective shows that still was able to tell a story. Speaking of stories, I've also left myself a number of threads to work with throughout the rest of the year. We already have a main event or two that can be built off of Colt and Strong and I have a good amount to play off of from the round robin (as well as the build to the round robin). At the same time I'm not really locked into anything more than the first title defense, so I can play it by ear as we move forward throughout the year.

From a technical standpoint it looks like PhotoBucket is acting up right now. This is a problem because, while the rest of my images are stored on imgur, the link to the "vs." image was from PhotoBucket. Intentionally, it was a temporary measure because I forgot to upload it on imgur, but I ended up liking to know at a glance which link was the "vs." image (imgur scrambles the original image name). Assuming the problem doesn't fix itself today, I'll be updating all of my posts with new images. Also, this paragraph is going to look real weird after the fix.

One final note, to make sure everything fit on the card, I've bumped up the length of the show to 90 minutes. This will most likely become our new standard going forward as I start to take advantage of our additional income and start booking more than seven people on a show.
Unread 10-05-2018, 08:16 AM

This was a good show in my book, really like reading through your thought process for the booking of the shows. I am looking forward to how the story develops in the long run.
Unread 10-06-2018, 09:45 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion View Post
This was a good show in my book, really like reading through your thought process for the booking of the shows. I am looking forward to how the story develops in the long run.
Thanks! Everyone's comments are what keeps me taking time to keep making updates.

I hope the next batch of shows will be just as good (well I hope they are better in terms of grades, but you get what I mean).
Unread 10-09-2018, 09:37 AM
All Star

Three months and twelve shows in and I'm finally starting to see the fruits of my labor as Jon Diamani has just received offers to tour with UPJ and DISPORA. It's true that this is going to make his schedule a bit more restrictive and there is a chance that he'll be offered a written contract in the future, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks. The additional matches will make Jon a better wrestler than he already is and I personally just like seeing my wrestlers get work outside of my company, especially when I'm local or small. In other news, Adam Sullivan finally takes the plunge and relocates to the area.

Quote:
Overview March 2016

Promotional Progress
Overness (SK): +2.0% (6.0%)
Prestige: +0.8% (2.4%)
Prestige: +4.0% (12.0%)
Cash: -$7,090 (-$19,930)

Income Breakdown
Ticket Sales: $860
Sponsorships: $1,880
Merchandise: $382
Misc.: $1,376

Expenditures Breakdown
Workers: $8,070
Show Cost: $2,200
Marketing: $252
Merchandise: $143
Production: $540
Misc.: $392

Current Estimated Finances
Sponsorships: $2,525
Marketing: $250
Administration (Misc.): $250
Legal (Misc.): $150
Production: $250
Speaking of the "fruits of my labor", we are finally starting to see real financial gains with almost $2,000 of sponsorship money coming in during March and $2,500 being estimated coming to us in April. Based on this estimate, we could hypothetically make a profit next month if we ran only one show. That said, it might be better overall to run a couple of shows and then take one or two months off. Definitely something I need to think about this week.

Quote:
Canadian Overview

Canada
Economy: D- (Rising)
Wrestling Industry: B- (Rising)

18. Great North Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D+
Highest Match Rating: C- (Sebastian St. James over Ares)

23. Calgary Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D
Highest Match Rating: C (Porkchop Biscuit Jr. over Kyndell Wilson)

39. All Action Wrestling
Highest Match Rating: C- (Schism over B Smooth)

46. Montreal Hardcore Revolution
Highest Match Rating: C- (Sami Switchblade over Canadian Pitbull)

48. Western Canada Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: C-
Highest Match Rating: C- (Dwaine Kay over Keymo)

55. NEO Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: E+
Highest Match Rating: E+ (Lincoln Nash over Chris King, Lobo, and Ryan Strong)
The big news here is that the wrestling industry has surged from a D- to a B- in the course of the month. This unexpected news is most welcome. Not only does this mean that we are close to potentially gaining 0.7% per show, but more importantly it means that there is little to no chance of the industry bottoming out any time soon.

Quote:
Wrestler Overness (Mar 1st -> Apr 1st)
Adam Sullivan: 8 -> 15
Chris King: 16 -> 17
Colt Kirchart: 5 -> 10
Jim Heatly: 12 -> 9
Jon Diamani: 12 -> 17
Lincoln Nash: 15 -> 17
Lobo: 12 -> 17
Ryan Strong: 17 -> 18
Seung Zhi: 3 -> 8
The next update will be centered on how Jim and the rest of the roster have improved in and out of the ring over the course of the tournament, however I wanted to keep this a part of the monthly updates. The biggest loser this month was Jim, but that was to be expected as I used his early overness gains to bump up Adam Sullivan and the rest of the roster. We've hit the soft-cap of 17 popularity for most of the roster, so expect to see a lot less change over the course of the next couple of shows.

Note: As I said before, the next update will center on skill improvements over the last three months and will come Thursday (or Friday if work or life gets in the way). Next week I'll go back to a three update schedule with a small update about my plan going forward on Monday, the next show on Wednesday, and either another show or a monthly overview on Friday. I'm honestly still up in the air on what I want to do.
Unread 10-10-2018, 02:45 AM
Super Star

That's such an interesting way of building up a local company that I think I'll try it on my nesxt playthrough!

Also, who are the guys you think will carry the flag of the company for the forseeable future?
Unread 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRomanini View Post
That's such an interesting way of building up a local company that I think I'll try it on my nesxt playthrough!

Also, who are the guys you think will carry the flag of the company for the forseeable future?
Please take the idea and run with it.

I know Iíve mentioned before that part of the reason why Iím writing this diary in the way I am is because I want to show one example (of many) to play this game. And that includes the feuds as well as the meta choices like not having announcers at the moment and using the least amount of workers that I can get away with.

As for who I think will carry NEO for the future, you are looking at them. While I have my eye out for new talent and would love to bring back some guys I used back in January (Iím looking at you Khrome), I chose this group of men for a reason. They are all talented individuals, are cost effective, and Iíve been able to write for them pretty easily (although I will admit that I donít think Iím doing Lincoln enough justice). With that said, donít be surprised if a couple of them pushed out of the main event scene around the time that NEO dives into the regional battle. They might have the talent to carry NEO, but to fight off GNW and CCW, we are going to need to eventually bring in some more popular wrestlers.

Before getting into the stat progression of the wrestlers, I thought it might be important to mention how I was able to measure their growth. TEW has the ability to export part of the saveís data into an Access database. This feature can be found on the bottom left side of the settings screen. After exporting the file, you could use Access to view the information, however I personally find it easier to import files into Excel and then use formulas like vlookup or index/match to make it easier for me to analyze the data. In addition, putting it into Excel allows me to compare two or more files at the same time, making it much easier to track changes over time. Iíve imported the file into Google Sheets to help make it easier for you to see what I mean. Note that I had to copy and paste some of the information as values due to the formulas not importing them correctly.

Now letís talk about the strides that Jim and the rest of the roster made. Focusing on Jim first, it looks like I made the correct decision about where to focus my points as stats like puroresu, chain wrestling, and aerial rose by around 3 points, while basics, psychology, and safety rose increased between 6 and 8 points over the course of the same time period. Jimís microphone and acting bumped up three points as well, however I could have gotten it up even higher if I made more of an effort to have Jim talk on each show. Finally, it looks like I was correct in that face and heel performance ratings increase over time as Jim jumped up from a 50 to a 70 in his ability to be a heel.

As far as the rest of the roster goes, there are a couple of standout changes:
  • Colt and Jon increased their face performance by 10 while Lobo got better as a heel.
  • Lobo got a bit better at aerial, Jon showed some improvement at grappling and striking, and Chris and Lincoln improved slightly across all three ďtop lineĒ areas.
  • In terms of performance skill, the younger wrestlers showed similar gains across the board as Jim, although not large. This is due to a combination of Jimís destiny stat and Jim starting out a lot worse in some stats. Ryan Strong also got a bit better in psychology and consistency, while Adam started to show his decline, dropping a couple of stats like athleticism and resilience.
  • The biggest winner in the entertainment stats is Adam Sullivan as he jumped 10 point in microphone, 9 in charisma, and 9 in acting. These gains make sense considering that he was in an angle one or more times each show. It also makes me think that I could have gotten away with giving Jim less starting charisma as it seems to grow just as well as the other two entertainment stats.
  • You might have noticed that Seung Zhi has seen a noticeable improvement in star quality, sex appeal (aka looks), and menace. Thatís due to him going from ďtonedĒ to ďmuscularĒ. Oddly enough it looks like itís just for show as his power stat actually dropped one.
  • Lee Harden improved his refereeing skills by 3. The game still hasnít spat out an cheap referee, so I guess this is good news.
Unread Yesterday, 08:59 AM
All Star

If you've been on the GDS Discord for the past couple of weeks, you'd know that I've been going back and forth on planning out the rest of the year. With nine months left in the year, we currently with 6.0% popularity in our home base of Saskatchewan and a debt just shy of $20,000 and there are a lot of ways that I could run with NEO as we slowly make our way to small.

One way that I could go is to continue to just barrel through and run four shows a week for the rest of the year. Assuming that we'd gain 0.5% per show, NEO would end up with 24.0% popularity in our home base. Even if you take into account that we'd most likely be losing a regional battle starting in June, we'd still be around 20% in Saskatchewan. The level of popularity would put us in the ballpark of companies like GNW and CCW. That said, putting on 36 more shows in 2016 would stretch me as a booker and honestly is a bit more "gamey" than I would like to do for this diary.

Realistically, I would want to shoot for hitting small as soon as I could and then reap the benefits of the extra sponsorship money coming in. However, this isn't as easy as it seems as Saskatchewan has an importance issue. Unlike the United States, which has most of its regions in the 90%s, Saskatchewan (and most regions within Canada) has an importance of 80%. This means even though we have 6.0% popularity, only 4.8% is being counted towards the promotion ranking and, more importantly, our company size. To get to small we need 11.0% in importance, which is about 14.0% in raw popularity at the moment. At our current pace, that would be 16 shows, not taking into account regional battles.

Regional battles take into effect the moment you pass 11.0% raw popularity, so we'd most likely have to run a couple more than 16 to actually make it to small. What seems like a more reasonable goal is to make it to just under 11.0% in raw popularity before the year closes. To do that, we'd need to run about 9 more shows. The question then becomes: when should I run those shows? One train of thought is to run one show a month since there are nine months left in the year, while another part of me wants to run three shows in a month and then take two off to maximize the amount of money that I'm making.

In the end, I think the best course of action is to do a show a month. I'm losing out on some money in the long run, but I'm making it a bit easier on myself in terms of writing the diary. Booking a show once a month means I'll be alternating between a show and a monthly update. If I ran with the three shows every three month method, Iíd have a weekís worth of shows, a monthly update, and then would have to create something for the off-months.

Before I get to the preview card for our next event, there are a couple of quick things that I wanted to mention. First, Colt Kirchart and Seung Zhi are now on long term PPA deal. I've always had a soft spot for Seung Zhi and while I've never used Colt until this run, I think he fits in extremely well with the promotion, especially considering how big cowboy gimmicks are in the middle of Canada. In addition, all future shows are going to be bumped to 90 minutes in length and I'll be looking to use about 10 to 12 workers each show, especially in the early going as I try and judge what I need to do to make sure we have a positive balance in 18 months.

NEO Live! #1

Tag Team Match
Colt Kirchart & Jon Diamani vs. Seung Zhi & Ryan Strong

Singles Match
Chris King vs. Jim Heatly

Singles Match
Adam Sullivan vs. Knuckles

Singles Match
Kasper Deamonte vs. Lincoln Nash
Unread Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Tag Team Match
Pretty unsure which side to pick up here as on one hand, Strong is certainly the strongest guy here in terms of push (doh, he is your champ after all) and since you said you liked Zhi Iīd assume you have bigger role than just jobber on mind for him. That said, thereīs good feud opportunity here if Kirchart and Diamani go over as it could be used as a catalyst to either make Colt look as bigger threat to Strongīs title or setting Diamani as potential next contender by playing with the fact that Diamani would have beaten Strong twice if heīs team win here. In the end, I find faces winning here giving more storyline potential so thatīs the way I go.

Singles Match
Although I find that populairty doesnīt matter that much below 17 points (itīs easy enough to get back) The popularity difference is still a bit much and keeping King strong would make more sense with heel champ.

Singles Match
Not sure why but the name Knuckles makes me kind of like him... my odd preferences for names aside, Knuckles is likely on short term deal and that (usually) means jobbing so giving this to boss man.

Singles Match
Nash beats another short term guy to gain some momentum.
Unread Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Super Star

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match
Unread Today, 07:46 AM

Tag Team Match