Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-16-2018, 06:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Roster Moves:

Guys Leaving:

Lucas Danger
Popularity in USA: F
Record: 0 - 0 - 2
Average Match Rating: E
Well, Lucas didnīt stay for long so not much to say about him. Good luck finding another job I guess.

New Signings:

Kid Fantastic:
Face, Clubber
Kid fills the spot Lucas left empty so donīt expect much from him. He got a year contract with 400$ per show so slighly more than what Lucas had but that will be worth it if heīs not on drugs on every show. Hoping that he wonīt cause any troubles and that heīs stint here will help him develop and find a spot somewhere where heīs skills are better suited. He got the same gimmick that Lucas was having.
Unread 09-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergon View Post

New Signings:

Kid Fantastic:
Face, Clubber
Kid fills the spot Lucas left empty so donīt expect much from him. He got a year contract with 400$ per show so slighly more than what Lucas had but that will be worth it if heīs not on drugs on every show. Hoping that he wonīt cause any troubles and that heīs stint here will help him develop and find a spot somewhere where heīs skills are better suited. He got the same gimmick that Lucas was having.
I'm guessing he's recovered from his injury? Even if not, Fantastic is a good signing.
Unread 09-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
I'm guessing he's recovered from his injury? Even if not, Fantastic is a good signing.
...Actually no, heīs still injured and I just didnīt know about it and managed to completely miss that fact (I only found it out when I started to book the next show)... so itīs just me screwing up as usual.
Unread 09-17-2018, 12:40 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergon View Post
...Actually no, heīs still injured and I just didnīt know about it and managed to completely miss that fact (I only found it out when I started to book the next show)... so itīs just me screwing up as usual.
I did the exact same thing with Kid in a personal game.

Well you can always sign a local indy guy to use as a one off on the next show.
Unread 09-17-2018, 07:22 AM
All Star

Yeah, without a minimum roster it’s really not that big of a deal. Also, one to three appearance deals are your friend.
Unread 09-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I did the exact same thing with Kid in a personal game.

Well you can always sign a local indy guy to use as a one off on the next show.
There was only two male wrestler available (not many in Puerto Rico) so not that much to choose from but I did sign one of them so it didnīt end up being that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Yeah, without a minimum roster it’s really not that big of a deal. Also, one to three appearance deals are your friend.
I really dislike having people appear for just one or two shows. I donīt really have good explanation of why, but it just doesnīt work for me. Now, I know thereīs plenty good reason to do so (needing a jobber for one night or having someone go over older well known guy who really isnīt good enough to have any long term value anymore being the two most obvious ones I could think) and I donīt mind otherīs doing it, but I personally avoid that as much as I can since I believe that a well build roster shouldnīt need outside help on anything. In fact, I signed the guy I hired to replace Kid into a year contract for no other reason that it would have annoyed me to have him on just a single show.
Unread 09-17-2018, 11:26 AM
Hall of Fame

March 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
San Juan High School (Puerto Rico)
Attendance: 13

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In an extremely short match, Quentin Queen defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 4:42 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Notes: -
Performance: Queen: E+, Mortimer: F+
WINNER: Quentin Queen by pinfall in 4:42 E

ANGLE:

After heīs match, Queen calls Cobra out and demands an answer why Cobra attacked him last month. He gets his answer when Cobra comes to ringside and tells Queen that he should know the answer already, after all Cobra did tell that he has a back-up plan after failing to make into finals last month and that back-up plan is beating a rising star that is Quentin Queen, after all, his association with TCWīs school makes him a bigger name than rest of the roster and thus beating him will provide Cobra the fame and spotlight that he wants to get. Queen ainīt happy with the answer but tells Cobra that he can came and try to claim his fame and spotlight next month in the ring. Cobra agrees on the match, saying that next month will see the fall of a future star before his future even gets started. E+

1 vs. 1

vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Cobra

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cobra defeated Ricochet Ramone in 7:28 by submission with a Viper Vice.
Performance: Cobra: E+, Ramone: E
WINNER: Cobra by submission in 7:28 E

ANGLE:

Justice Jolson comes into ring and cuts a promo about how his powerful offence has gotten him this far and how heīs just one win away to become the King of the Network champion and declares that he cannot lose since his opponent is just some regular guy named Joe. E+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Austin Smooth defeated Seth Whitehead in 8:12 by submission with a Smooth Hold after blatantly cheating.
Performance: Smooth: D-, Seth: E
WINNER: Austin Smooth by submission in 8:12 E+

ANGLE:

Joe is first to enter into ring as the main event is starting and takes a microphone, telling people that like he said two months ago, even a regular guy like him can achive his dreams if he puts everything he got into making that dream come true. Joe continues that he already accomplished his dream of being a wrestler and now he is only one win away to fulfill another one of his dreams, that of becoming a champion. Before he can get any further, Jolson comes and interfere Joe, telling him that he must be insane if he thing he can win against powerhouse that is Jolson and that might and strenght will always triump over... well average nobody. Joe tells Jolson not to underestimate him, as even regular guys are capable of great feats and tonight he will prove it by defeating Jolson in the ring. D-

1 vs. 1 final of King of the Network tournament for the King of the Network belt

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Regular Joe defeated Justice Jolson in 5:39 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe wins the ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Joe: E+, Jolson: E
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 5:39 E+

Show Rating: E+

Comments: Yeah, Joe won the belt, thatīs unlike to surprise anyone after Smooth and Queen were out from the finals. Joe simply is more established at this point than the other two top guys and unlike Smooth and Queen, he isnīt expected to stay on top so I felt I need to give him a push early on. Joe is also known in Puerto Rico because of his FCW stint and while that doesnīt give him any on-game bonuses, I feel thatīs a reasonable excuse to put the belt on him first even if guy named Regular Joe ainīt the most marketable champion, but then again, on local company does it really matter?

As for me making mistakes (trust me, itīs never going to stop), the reason Ramone was on the show is that I completely missed the fact that Kid Fantastic is injured and thus not able to have a match... yeah, I should be more careful on that. Ramone and Darkness Warrior were only two local wrestlers who I could sign to fill the spot so I signed Ramone for one night deal to eat the pin against Cobra. That said, I hate having guys for just one night and had plans to sign two extra guys soon anyway (mainly to give bit more booking options) so I decided to do it now and Ramone is one of the two guys gettign a contract. I had plans on bringing him into starting roster but his cruiserweight style is a bit of a bad fit for my product and that kept me from signing him originally. Other than that mishap, I was happy about the show. I complimented Smooth (best performance this night), Ramone (saved my ass by coming in on last second and had a decent match too) and Cobra (E+ is his best rating during matches and had a nice angle with Queen too). On finances side, we lost another 4 981$ and that will no doubt increase increase next month with two new guys added to roster.
Unread 09-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Hall of Fame

Roster Moves:

New Signings:

Ricochet Ramone
Popularity in USA: F+ (F in Puerto Rico after his loss to Cobra)
Face, Bubbly Babyface
So as I said at the end of my last post, originally my plan was to wait a bit longer before bringing in extra guys but the insitend on last show made me do this a bit early (I know, I know, thereīs no good reason to hire him just because that one shot deal but I just work this way). While Ramone got signed simply because of his one shot use on last show, he was someone who I actually looked on original roster as well, partly because he had been doing well in Voeltzwagonīs AAW diary and partly because heīs in Puerto Rico so thereīs no travel cost. Ramone is also familiar to me from earlier diary but he was just a jobber there and will unfortunately be likely to either have the same role or to be midcard guy at best. This is mainly do to him being cruiserweight and airial skills being less effective with my product but he gets a decent chance to at least fight for number three face spot against Seth Whitehead and will likely get some storylines going forward even though heīs more likely to be in the losing end when all is said and done. Ramone wanted 600$ per show, which is bit much but he doesnīt have travel expenses which evens it out a bit. He got a one year deal. Ramone gets to use his default gimmick as itīs different enough for the other three main faces. Also, after looking creative meeting, I found out that game actually states that Ramone is show stopper and ring general (Regular Joe being the only other one whoīs on those categories) and that might well mean good things for him as I do rate ring generals highly but we have to wait and see were heīs career go with me.

Rex Reeves
Heel, Evil Doer
Reeves ainīt going to be anything else than a jobber here, but heīs reasonable cheap with 400$ per show demand and while Iīm certainly not hurting on cash after giving myself the million dollar bank, I still like to at least pretend that Iīm on tight budjet and thus try to sign cheap guys for now. Like Ramone, Reeves got a one year deal. He gets Evil Doer gimmick mainly because thatīs kind of how I see him, villanous but not a major level one and likely wonīt ne in many storylines so there likely wonīt be much character development for him. Reeves is also in time decline (somehow Mortimer isnīt) and considering his stats arenīt great to begin with it doesnīt promise good things. Luckily, itīs only early state and heīs not on my long term plans either so it wonīt affect too much, just makes it even less likely for him to get a push (which was close to non-existent to begin with).
Unread 09-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Hall of Fame

April 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 16

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Seth Whitehead defeated Rex Reeves in 6:01 by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Notes: Reeves debuted his Evil Doer gimmick with Very Good rating.
Performance: Reeves: F+, Seth: E
WINNER: Seth Whitehead by submission in 6:01 E

ANGLE:

After his match, Seth takes a microphone and inform Smooth that he had heard some backstage talk of Smooth claiming that heīs done with Seth now that he beat him in the ring. Seth declares that nothing could be further from truth as things between them are far from "done" and one win gained by cheating doesnīt solve anything and that he will face Smooth soon again and pummel him on the ground. D-

2 vs. 2
& vs. &
Ricochet Ramone & Kid Fantastic vs. Justice Jolson & Austin Smooth

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Austin Smooth and Justice Jolson defeated Kid Fantastic and Ricochet Ramone in 8:06 when Justice Jolson defeated Kid Fantastic by pinfall with The Death Penalty.
Notes: Kid debuted clubber gimmick with above average rating, Ramone debuted bubbly babyface gimmick with above average rating, Kid Fantastic was really off his game
Performance: Ramone: E, Kid: E-, Jolson: E, Smooth: D-
WINNERS: Justice Jolson and Austin Smooth by pinfall in 8:06 E+

ANGLE:

Before his match, Joe takes a microphone and informs people that as he had said before, itīs possible for ordinary men like them to fulfill their dreams as Joe did show last month. Joe also declares that he wants to be a fighting champion and declares that everytime heīs in singles match with someone, be that anyone from the roster, heīs belt will be on line and that will be the case here tonight as while heīs match with Mortimer is scheduled to be a non-title match, he puts his belt on the line at any rate, because he want to give other wrestlers like himself a chance to fulfill their dream of being a champion as well. D-

1 vs. 1 for King of the Network belt

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Regular Joe defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 6:20 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 1 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Notes:
Performance: Joe: E+, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 6:20 E

ANGLE:

Joe doesnīt have time to celebrate his first title defense as heīs blindsighted by Justice Jolson who uses his powerful offence to put Joe down and out before he can recover from the surprise. After Joe is down Jolson yells that Joe might have gotten lucky once but sooner rather than later he will have to face Jolson again and that time, Jolson takes what is rightfully his. D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Cobra

In a decent match, Quentin Queen defeated Cobra in 6:16 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Performance: Cobra D-, Queen: E+
WINNER: Quentin Queen by pinfall in 6:16 D-

Show Rating: D-

Comments: Our best show so far, which is of course how it should be but itīs always nice to get a better grade for the first time and this was the first D- show so good times. Queen vs. Cobra was also out best match to the date, passing Queen vs. Smooth on top 100 matches list too so impressive work there, espesially from Cobra who isnīt counted as one of the top three guys. I complimented Cobra (outperformed Queen in main event), Seth (Ok match and D- promo) and Joe (match was only ok but he was against Mortimer so not much was expected, his two angles both scored D- though and thatīs nice considering Joe is likely better in matches than angles). On booking perspective, I guess putting the title match as semi-main event deserves some notes. Now Iīm sure no-one werenīt surprised that I didnīt trust Mortimer to deliver good grades (even on ESEīs standards) so that one is kind of easy to explain, however it was for the main title and thus important match so I did wonder it a bit and of course I could always put someone else than Mortimer in the title match if I was scared of bad ratings. At the end, I did come up with a plan of Joe wanting to be a fighting champion and putting his belt on the line even when not required (thus giving an excuse that the match shouldnīt had been a title match and thus didnīt need to be main event). This serves two purposes, first of, thereīs only so many creditable challengers for the belt at any given time and those challengers are usually ones I want to have storyline build around so that would mean that there would only be one challenger at the time and that the belt would be defended only few times during the year that being basically when ever the champ and challenger face one vs. one and since I typically like to have at least 2 - 3 shows between singles matches (might be more around 1 - 2 with roster so small) that would mean that belt would be defended around 3 - 5 times per year. On the same time, I do want the belt to be defended decently often so deciding that my champion puts the belt on line even when not required allows me to give him well... basically "fill-in" defences between the storyline ones to keep the belt more active while not having the need to rush storylines because of it. On minus side, this means that my champ cannot lose 1 vs. 1 matches at all, hence the need to sign two extra guys so I can always put my champ into tag match to eat a loss since how else I could make challenger to look good if he never wins a match against the champ? On finances side, we took another 5 841$ loss this month.
Unread 09-19-2018, 01:12 PM
All Star

Nice show!

On a side note, I've never have used the post event speeches. Might have to start.
Unread 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nice show!

On a side note, I've never have used the post event speeches. Might have to start.
They're important for unlocking the motivational speeches and psycho sermons -- probably the major reason that I started making sure that I used them after each event.
Unread 09-22-2018, 03:13 AM
Hall of Fame

May 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 17

ANGLE:

Show stars with Austin Smooth in the ring and he already have a microphone on his hand (big surprise, what else he would be doing there? ... actually on second thought, donīt answer that please). Smooth declares that he wanted to start this show best way possible, which is of course, him in the ring. Smooth informs that tonight, a wrong will be righted as he have been given a King of the Network title shot against current champion Joe the Average. Oh, and there was some third nobody in there as well but he matters even less than Joe (guess he already forgot who beat him in the tournament then?) because how could anyone withstand Smooth and his perfect combination of skills, looks and power? Smooth also remembers Seth Whitehead with few words, telling him that heīs a forgiving man and despite Seth costing him his first opportunity for gold, his willing to let is slide after proving his superiority two months ago and if Seth is a wise man, he will take this out and be done with Smooth. D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Ricochet Ramone defeated Rex Reeves in 5:02 by pinfall with a Ricochet Senton.
Performance: Reeves F+, Ramone: E-
WINNER: Ricochet Ramone by pinfall in 5:02 E-

ANGLE:

Next, we have Quentin Queen coming into ring, talking about the title soht he has tonight, stating that it will no doubt be a hard fight against two tough opponents but he plans to prevail. Queen, like Smooth before him, also have some words for the guy he has been feuding with, mainly telling audience that he knows that guys like Cobra donīt give up easily and says that he knows that snake like him will try to hit when he least expects and that means that he has to be alert even in tonightīs main event for outside interferences as well which serves as extra distraction but also states that itīs same for the other two guys too. D

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Seth Whitehead defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 5:49 by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Performance: Whitehead: E+, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Seth Whitehead by submission in 5:49 E

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Justice Jolson defeated Kid Fantastic in 5:38 by pinfall with The Death Penalty.
Performance: Kid: E-, Jolson: E
WINNER: Justice Jolson by pinfall in 5:38 E

ANGLE:

Much like his two opponents, Joe also have words to say before his title defense. He admits that this will be a tough test to him but that he looks to prevail tonight and keep the belt he worked hard to optain with him. Joe also have words to Jolson, saying that he wonīt bother to ask why Jolson attacked as itīs clear enough that he wants a title shot. Joe tells Jolson that if he wanted title shot, he would have only needed to make a challenge instead of attacking him but says that if he retains tonight, Jolson gets a shot in the next show as Joe now has a score to settle. E+

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 for King of the Network belt

vs. vs.
Regular Joe vs. Quentin Queen vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Austin Smooth drew with Regular Joe and Quentin Queen in 8:00 when the referee was forced to rule a no contest when all hell broke loose. The match also had a lot of interference: Seth Whitehead targeted Smooth, Cobra attacked Queen, and finally Justice Jolson interfered against Joe.

Performance: Smooth: D-, Joe: E+, Queen: E+
DRAW: after multiple interferences in 8:00 E+

Comments: In all honesty, I was expecting slighly more from the main event, with three of my best guys in it, but perhaps all the interferences took something away from it. Regardless, itīs second D- show on the row so canīt be too unhappy about it. I booked the main event in order to have a good rated match on a show were none of the three feuding pairs collided. I was first thinking about putting one of the feuding pairs in the title match instead (classic set-up that always works well) but in the end, I felt that Smooth and Queen were the more logical choises with both being on winning sides on every match expect one and even that one included interference in both cases, thus they simply had most reason to be in the title match and making it three way meant that I didnīt lose 1 vs. 1 match with Joe in case I want to feud one or the other with Joe after the current feuds end (more likely to be Smooth thanks to Queen and Joe both being faces). After that decision, rest of the booking was pretty simple, Joslin and Seth got wins in order to keep them strong while Ramone is rated bit higher that other jobbers (Kid, Mortimer and Reeves) and thus had a win in the show were half of the top guys fought against each otherīs. Queen was unhappy about the finish on the main event, wanting to look stronger, but thatīs not happening as he wasnīt on the losing side and I felt that thereīs no reason to protect him any better than the other two. Queenīs complain that I found unreasonable also ment that I didnīt praise him after the show (which I otherwise had done as he had the best angle rating). Petty perhaps but Iīm not going to complement someone for being pain to deal with, espesially when I found their request being unreasonable. So instead, I praised Joe, Seth and Smooth for being the three guys who got E+ (or better) performance rating and didnīt complain. As for finances, it was another 6,182$ lost.

Quote:
Nice show!

Other than what KnowYourEnemy said, praising same guy for few times (think itīs around 3) helps raise his morale and any further praise above the three boosts it more. Helps to keep wrestlers happy even if you need to leave them out from shows or make a booking decision they donīt like.

Case in point, hereīs how one of my top guys morale looks in April (heīs extremely happy).

Unread 09-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Hall of Fame

June 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 21

ANGLE:

Show starts with Justice Jolson in the ring, stating that tonight, he will power through Regular Joe in order to become King of the Network champion and start heīs long reign as the champion. After all, heīs the biggest and most powerful man in the roster so how could anyone hope to defeat him? D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Cobra

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cobra defeated Kid Fantastic in 6:13 by submission with a Viper Vice
Performance: Kid: E-, Cobra: E+
WINNER: Cobra by submission in 6:13 E

ANGLE:

After his match, Cobra has few words to Queen, telling him that he was right about Cobra not being done with him as while setbacks do happen, this snake is far from dead and plans to prove that very soon. D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Quentin Queen defeated Rex Reeves in 6:41 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Notes: Queen was off his game
Performance: Queen: E+, Reeves: E-
WINNER: Quentin Queen by pinfall in 6:41 E

2 vs. 2
& vs. &
Seth Whitehead & Ricochet Ramone vs. Austin Smooth & Mad Dog Mortimer

In a decent match, Ricochet Ramone and Seth Whitehead defeated Austin Smooth and Mad Dog Mortimer in 8:29 when Seth Whitehead defeated Mad Dog Mortimer by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Performance: Seth: E+, Ramone: E+, Smooth: E+, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Seth Whitehead & Ricochet Ramone by submission in 8:29 E+

1 vs. 1 for King of the Network belt

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Regular Joe defeated Justice Jolson in 6:02 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 3 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Joe: E+, Jolson: E
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 6:02 E+

ANGLE:

Joe doesnī get to celebrate his victory for long as once Jolson has recovered enough and realized that he lost, he attacks Joe from behind and beats him down to mat befoe leaving, still visibly angry about the loss. D

Comments: Decent show again, this time none of the matches managed to break E+ barrier, but angles were good enough to put us on D- range anyway. Before this show, I was thinking about whatever I should continue the current feuds or end Joe vs. Jolson here and have the other two end theirs next month as Joe had now beaten Jolson clean twice so there werenīt much left to prove on his part, while I wasnīt sure if I want to put Cobra and or Seth over Queen/Smooth either (since Iīm still building them as my main guys) which would need to happen for those feuds to have legs to continue. In the end, I decided to continue current feuds bit longer and hence the assault angle at the end of the show, I know I could have just put Joe over via DQ to keep Jolson strong but with last title defense being draw, I think I want to give Joe clean win here and just make Jolson looks strong via post match attack and likely tag win next month to keep this feud rolling. Not much suprirses on the booking front this month, Seth got a tag win over Smooth to keep feud going while Cobra and Queen beat jobbers in order to stay strong. I praised Jolson (two good angles and decent match), Cobra (good angle and decent match) and Ramone (E+ match rating from a guy that is essentially counted as jobber). On finances, we again lost 6,321$
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Hall of Fame

July 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 24

ANGLE:

Show starts with Justice Jolson in the ring, he seems to be on a bad mood and starts ripping down Regular Joe, telling him that Joe might have gotten lucky twice but third time is the charm and thereīs only so long that someone like Joe could avoid the unevitable beatdown and that he gets a bit of warmup tonight when he faces Joe in a tag team match. Jolson is suddenly interrupted by Cobra (OīHara tells the fans here that Cobra is Jolsonīs tag partner tonight and wonders what heīs doing here?). Jolson wonders the same but Cobra takes a microphone and says that he has a plan how they can stack the deck to their favor tonight. Jolson says he doesnīt need "help" to beat Joe but Cobra reminds him that he has failed to beat Joe twice, just like Cobra himself failed to beat Queen and that it would be stupid to bang their heads on the same wall when work around is available. He then asks Jolson to follow him to back so that he can explain his plan. Jolson seems sceptical but follows Cobra into backstage. D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Ricochet Ramone defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 6:19 by pinfall with a Ricochet Senton.
Notes: Ramone was really off his game
Performance: Ramone: E-, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Ricochet Ramone by pinfall in 6:19 E-

ANGLE:

Austin Smooth comes into ringside after the match, telling the audience that in tonightīs semi-main event, the greatest wretler of all time (thatīs Smooth, of course) will face the dumbest wrestler of all time (Seth Whitehead) as everyone should have seen it by now that Smooth is superior wrestler, everyone except Seth appearantly since according to Smooth, he still demands on facing him. Seth comes from backstage, scowling as usual and reminds Smooth that he did beat Smooth last month and that they are 1-1 now in terms of matches. Smooth seems angered by this, declaring that Seth beat Mad Dog Mortimer, not him so that doesnīt count. Seth counters that Smooth was still on the losing side just like tonight, when Seth finally beats that arrogance out from Smooth. Seth then leaves to backstage, leaving Smooth fuming in the ring. D-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Rex Reeves defeated Kid Fantastic in 6:26 by pinfall with a Flying Headbutt.
Notes: Kid was off game
Performance: Kid: E-, Reeves: E-
WINNER: Rex Reeves by pinfall in 6:26 E-

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Seth Whitehead defeated Austin Smooth in 7:57 by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Performance: Seth: E+, Smooth: D-
WINNER: Seth Whitehead by submission in 7:57 D-

ANGLE:

Queen and Joe come to the ring right before their match, but why Joe does look like heīd been beaten up? Well, thatīs because he had been attacked backstage by Jolson and Cobra and thatīs what Queen and Joe tell the audience (and yes, Cobraīs master plan was to attack Joe before a match, isnīt he a true evil genius? ). Joe and Queen declare that they wonīt back down despite the cowardly attack and will look this as an opportunity to rise against the odds, like they no doubt have to do many times in the future. D-

2 vs. 2
& vs. &
Regular Joe & Quentin Queen vs. Justice Jolson & Cobra

In a decent match, Cobra and Justice Jolson defeated Quentin Queen and Regular Joe in 7:33 when Justice Jolson defeated Regular Joe by pinfall with The Death Penalty.
Performance: Joe: E+, Queen: E+, Jolson: E, Cobra: D-
WINNERS: Justice Jolson & Cobra via pinfall in 7:33 D-

Comments: Undercard was forgottable even to our standards (25th and 26th best match out from 28th) but that was to be expected with four guys classified as jobbers being in there. The semi-main and main event on the other hand delivered (3rd and 4th best match during companyīs history, with Seth vs. Smooth edging the tag match), as did all three of the angles so happy about the show overall. On booking side, this monthīs main agenda was to give win to the three guys feuding against my top three (Jolson, Cobra and Seth) as so far I had mostly concentrated to keep Queen, Joe and Smooth strong with the being my main trio. All six on these guys sit on 17 popularity (as did Ramone, and yes, i did which to numbers in order to check) before the show, expect Joe who had 18 so they are about equals in terms of popularity. This has always been a problem for me with TEW2016, getting into 17 popularity is easy but trying to gain anyone popularity beond that has proven to be quite much harder, hopefully I do eventually figure a way to get past the barrier. Smooth was unhappy about him loss but I felt that I had to go with it anyway plus Smooth should still be pretty happy overall with me praising him after almost every show (heīd deserved every single praise but still). I complimented Cobra (I wasnīt expecting him to have the best performance rating from the main event), Joe (took a loss without complains) and Smooth (despite his complain, he turned up another D- performance and thus deserved a bit of recognition for that). They all were very happy about it, which is a clear indicator that I have praised them probably more than I should (and perhaps ignored few other guys in the progress) but my Modus operation is to praise those who do well as I feel that they deserve it most. I checked the popularity levels after the show again to see if any progress was being made and this what I found:

Main event: Jolson 18, Joe 17, Seth 18.
Uppermidcard: Cobra: 17, Mad Dog Mortimer: 17!, Queen: 17.
Midcard: Smooth 15, Reeves 14, Ramone 17,
lower midcard: Kid 14

Good job Zergon (yes, Iīm sarcastic here )! My so called top three arenīt top on popularity which is kind of a sure sign that I screwed up somewhere. Sigh, well I knew this wouldnīt be easy and at least Jolson and Seth both got a point of popularity but I really need to learn how to manage popularity in this game. Smooth dropping to 15 ainīt really an issue as heīs almost certainly back to 17 after next show. Mortimer auto pushing as upper midcard guy is the main reason why I hate this log jam on 17 popularity, it just messes up my plans when a guy that supposed to challenge for the belt sits on midcard or even lower midcard simply because everyone has the same popularity and he happens to have a style that doesnīt fit for the company (yes, I know I could move them around manually but I prefer not to do so). This time I made sure to pick guys who have favorable styles, while most of the jobbers are high flyers who donīt so roster spots should stay about how I want them to be (well expect Mortimer somehow making it into uppermidcard by sucking in-ring and loosing every single match he had). I will keep closer eye to popularity going forward just to see how it goes and if I can figure out how to make any progress and since popularity levels will affect my booking I will show them at the end of every show for now on. Also if anyone want to help me here, feel free to share your wisdom with me of how you manage to work with popularity gains after hitting the E- threshold. Now, that probably wonīt help me this time since Iīm booking way ahead on were I post so you will hear me whining a lot about this (or just skip it, itīs kind of your choice ) but could well make any future save easier and more enjoyable to me. So far the only way I have figured that would work is to hire someone more popular to bleed overness to others but thatīs not a way I like to work in general (although Iīm not above doing so if I feel itīs necessary to keep things going forward).

Me complaining about popularity being harder to gain after certain point (not necassarely a bad thing mind you, just something I havenīt learned to handle yet) than before aside, things are going alright, I have gained 0,5% popularity with each show and thus making steady progress towards small. On finances side, I lost another 5 906$ so losses keep coming but that was expected and I do have the money after giving myself more than enough (at least I really hope so, would be kind of embarrasing to get bankrupt after cheating and giving myself million dollars extra ).
Unread 09-27-2018, 12:23 PM
All Star

Yeah, the popularity "cap" at around 17 can be a pain for the reasons you mentioned. It's a big part why I've turned to a smaller core roster and taking advantage of one to three shot deals. It keeps you key guys on the top of the card and allows you to boost the popularity more of your future talent pool. You can get into trouble with some of the talent starting to demand a higher salary, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.