Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-27-2018, 11:28 PM
Living Legend

Mad Dog Mortimer is far too awesome to be held back by anyone.
Unread 09-30-2018, 12:40 AM
Hall of Fame

August 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
San Juan High School (Puerto Rico)
Attendance: 26

1 vs. 1
vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Justice Jolson defeated Ricochet Ramone in 6:03 by pinfall with The Death Penalty.
Notes: -
Performance: Jolson: E, Ramone: E
WINNER: Justice Jolson by pinfall in 6:03 E

ANGLE:

Jolson doesnīt get a chance to boast of his victory as Regular Joe comes to ringside right after the match ends. He tells Jolson that tonight, he will take Jolsonīs partner in crime on Cobra in the main event, but that he knows his real beaf is with Jolson and that they have a date in the next month as Joe plans to make it three on three of his singles match wins over Jolson. Justice ainīt happy about this, telling Joe that he better not drop the belt before he faces him, since Jolson want to teach Joe well and the title will be heīs just reward after he has shown Joe his place in the company. D

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In an extremely short match, Quentin Queen defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 5:04 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Performance: Queen: E+, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Quentin Queen via pinfall in 5:04 E+

ANGLE:

After his match, Queen has some choice words for Cobra, telling him that while he could interfere on tonightīs main event, heīs better than that and wonīt do so since he knows Joe wonīt need his help tonight. That said, Queen is tired of having to watch his back all the time and wants to get an end for this and so the two of them will face each otherīs next month. D

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Rex Reeves

In a decent match, Seth Whitehead defeated Rex Reeves in 6:10 by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Performance: Seth: E+, Reeves: E
WINNER: Seth Whitehead by submission in 6:10 E+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Austin Smooth

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Austin Smooth defeated Kid Fantastic in 6:22 by submission with a Smooth Hold.
Performance: Kid: E-, Smooth: D-
WINNER: Austin Smooth by submission in 6:22 E+

ANGLE:

After his match ends, Smooth calls Seth out and once he answers the call, Smooth tells Seth that last month was a fluke and that thereīs no way it will happen again and he will prove that by taking Seth 1 vs. 1 one more time to prove that he is the superior wrestler. Seth agrees on the match, telling that it will be his pleasure to beat Smooth again and prove that he talks way better than he fights. D-

1 vs. 1 for King of the Network belt

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Cobra

In a decent match, Regular Joe defeated Cobra in 6:35 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 4 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Cobra: D-, Joe: E+
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 6:35 D-

Show Rating: D-

Comments: With top guys clashing in last show, this was always going to be kind of a cool back show and also build-in for next month were I plan to end the current feuds and make new ones. So feuds were forwarded via angles here and pretty much everyone faces jobbers expect Joe and Cobra who faces each otherīs as I wanted strong main event and title defence againt strong opponent for Joe and Mortimer or Reeves (the two heel jobber that I could happily throw under the bus) werenīt going to give me either. That said, while there werenīt many big matches here, ratings were still good, espesially main event and the first two angles so Iīm happy about the results. I complimented Joe and Cobra for the main event (and Joe also had a good angle with Jolson) and Queen for dragging Mortimer into E+ match while also putting up good angle afterwards. After the show, Mortimer complained about his recent booking, which is understantably with him pushing into upper midcard before the show, but lets face the facts, it ainīt going to get better for him.

Popularity Check after the show:
Main event: Jolson: 18, Joe: 18, Seth: 18
Upper midcard: Smooth: 17, Cobra: 16, Queen: 18
midcard: Mortimer: 16, Reeves: 16, Ramone: 17
lower Midcard: Kid: 16
So Joe and Queen gained one point from beating guys with equal popularity while Mortimer and Cobra (being on the losing side against Joe and Queen) both lost a point. Everyone below 17 rised point or two white otherīs remained were they had been. Financical losses were 5,449$ this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Mad Dog Mortimer is far too awesome to be held back by anyone.
I might not succeed keeping him down but I will damn well try

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Yeah, the popularity "cap" at around 17 can be a pain for the reasons you mentioned. It's a big part why I've turned to a smaller core roster and taking advantage of one to three shot deals. It keeps you key guys on the top of the card and allows you to boost the popularity more of your future talent pool. You can get into trouble with some of the talent starting to demand a higher salary, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
Iīm certainly following with interest on how you manage to develop popularity in your diary. I can see how short term deals could be useful on getting fresh match-ups and essentially having larger roster without people complaining about being left off shows. Also on my case it would help scouting since I play with fog of war on.
Unread 10-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Hall of Fame

September 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 27

ANGLE:

Show starts with Joe in the ring, he starts talking about how he continues to show that even an average guy like him can reach his dreams if putting all he has into it and that he hopes that he can work as an example for every other "ordinary" people. Joe doesnīt get particularly far with his speech though as Jolson attacks him from behind and beats him down pretty badly. The segment ends with OīHara wondering if Joe is into any condition to defend his belt in tonightīs main event? D+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Austin Smooth defeated Seth Whitehead in 8:29 by submission with a Smooth Hold.
Performance: Seth: D-, Smooth: D-
WINNER: Austin Smooth by submission in 8:29 D-

ANGLE:

After winning his match, Smooth declares that itīs finally time to leave Seth behind and concentrate on important things. He however, doesnīt clarify what those important things are. D-

2 vs. 2
& vs. &
Kid Fantastic & Ricochet Ramone vs. Mad Dog Mortimer & Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Kid Fantastic and Ricochet Ramone defeated Rex Reeves and Mad Dog Mortimer in 6:30 when Ricochet Ramone defeated Mad Dog Mortimer by pinfall with a Ricochet Senton.
Performance: Kid: E-, Ramone: E, Mortimer: E-, Reeves: E-
WINNERS: Kid Fantastic & Ricochet Ramone by pinfall in 6:30 E

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Cobra

In a decent match, Quentin Queen defeated Cobra in 7:07 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Notes: Queen was really off his game
Performance: Cobra: E+, Queen: E+
WINNER: Quentin Queen by pinfall in 7:07 E+

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Regular Joe defeated Justice Jolson in 7:44 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 5 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Joe: E+, Jolson: E
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 7:44 E+

Comments: As said in last monthīs comments, this month ended the current feuds with unsurprisingly the guys who I have picked as "main event guys" all coming on top against their "midcard" opponents. Iīm using terms "main eventer" and "midcarder" loosely here with everyone sticking around the same popularity level. Anyway, We did manage to get D- rating despite both main and semi-main event not making it past E+ rating, so dodged a bulled there. I coplimented Seth and Austin for having the best match of the night (and in fact, best match of ESEīs hirstory so far) and Jolson for his good angle (monster unleashed so it was expected but no-one else didnīt overperform either) at the start of the show. Alright, itīs time to see how the popularity points did swing after this one:

main event: Smooth: 18, Queen: 18, Joe: 19
upper midcard: Jolson: 17, Mortimer: 17, Seth: 17
midcard: Cobra: 17, Reeves: 17, Ramone: 17
lower midcard: Kid: 17

Not that bad actually, Seth and Jolson dropped a point but that was expected, Ramone and Queen stayed were they were and everyone else got a point. I do find it a bit funny that Ramone didnīt rise on popularity despite winning the tag match and was in fact passed by Mortimer (simply because of better fitting wrestling style, but still) who ate the pin there, which kind of underlines how much easier it is to get into that 17 popularity compered to actually trying to get past it. On finances, there was another 5 192$ loss meaning that I now lost full 50 000$ since the start of the game. On the plus side, finances are going on the right way as we had lost less money than month before four months in a row now.

Also, between this and next show, FCW came calling (after moving up to regional) and signed both Austin Smooth and Ricochet Ramone to p.p.a deals, making them the first guys in ESE that were signed by some other company. FCW have had their roster raided twice during the year with USPW signing Kirk Jameson and Hellīs Bouncer in January and TCW getting Rudy Velasques and Davis Wayne Newton during Septemper. Jesus Chavez also walked away from the at July so I can see why they wanted new talent espesially after crowing on size and with them being in Puerto Rico, it was only a matter of time before they sign some of my guys and that could either be good or bad news depending how they are used in FCW (hereīs hoping that at least Smooth would get a bit of a popularity boost working with them).
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:01 AM
Hall of Fame

October 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 31

1 vs. 1
vs.
Seth Whitehead vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Seth Whitehead defeated Mad Dog Mortimer in 6:26 by submission with a Minnesota Stretch.
Performance: Seth: E+, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Seth Whitehead by pinfall in 6:26 E

ANGLE:

After the match, Seth stays in the ring and takes a microphone with angry snarl on his face. However, he doesnīt even get started before being interrupted by Justice Jolson who comes into ring and tells Seth (or "little man" as Jolson put it) to get the hell out from his ring because heīs no mood for wasting his time by listening a small time loser like him to complane about his incompetence. Seth obviously isnīt happy about this remark and tells Jolson to f**k off and adds that if Jolson has a problem with him, his more than happy to beat him in-ring anytime, anywhere. They almost come into blows but officials do run in and manage to keep the pair away from each otherīs. D

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Justice Jolson

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Justice Jolson defeated Kid Fantastic in 5:43 by pinfall with The Death Penalty.
Performance: Kid: E-, Jolson: E
WINNER Justice Jolson by pinfall in 5:43 E

ANGLE:

Cobra coms into ring next, and he has a few things to say. First, he admits that he might had bitten bit more than he could chew on trying to take Quentin Queen but that he will learn from his mistake and calmly collecy knowledge and skills while evolving into better predator and one day, he will be better than Queen or Regular Joe. However, Cobra states that snakes like him are always looking the next prey and that he has found a suitable one, a man who is trying to rise on the pecking order and who Cobra should take down to make sure that he wonīt one day surpass Cobra. That someone is Ricochet Ramone and Ramone will soon feel the bite of Cobra D-

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Regular Joe defeated Rex Reeves in 7:09 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 6 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Notes: Joe debuted a new comeback spot during the match.
Performance: Joe; E+, Reeves: E-
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 7:09 E+

1 vs. 1 number one contender for King of the Network title
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Austin Smooth defeated Quentin Queen in 9:17 by submission with a Smooth Hold.
Performance: Smooth: D-, Queen: E+
WINNER: Austin Smooth by pinfall in 9:17 D-

ANGLE:

After his win, Smooth cuts a promo about how itīs time for him to rise into greatness that he always was destined to rise and that means taking the king of the Network belt off from mister average (aka Regular Joe) and put the belt his perfect waist. Smooth ends his promo by telling people that ESE is heading into greatness now that he will be in front and centre of the show. D-

Comments: Reese Page turned late into the show and I gave her a stern warning but nothing came out from it. Also Queen was unhappy about his loss but really, what did he expect? If he things he should win every match he will soon find himself on unemployment line. I complimented Seth, Jolson and Joe after the show, Seth and Jolson for the best grade of the show (the angle, of course, they always seem to do better than matches) and Joe for developing a new spot. Kid Fantastic complained after the show that I need to book him stronger, I guess he havenīt figured what heīs role is just yet.

As for booking of the show, this one was mainly there to set up the next three feuds (Smooth vs. Joe, Ramone vs. Cobra and Seth vs. Jolson). The main event happened mainly since I wanted a good one and it made sense to put Austin and Queen into number one contender match after their big feud ending wins in the last show. Well, "made sense" in terms of them being booked decently strong, doesnīt really make a lot of sense to book first contender match on the first place for two of your top guys when guys like Reeves get one for free but hey, it gave me an excuse to put them against each otherīs in a meaningful main event match so why not? Leaving Queen out from the feuds might be a bit of a mistake as putting Ramone in feud means I have essentially just one face jobber which might lead into problems when I need to keep the feuding guys and Queen all looking strong. Iīm considering bringing two new guys in to fill the roster up a bit but on the same time, I slighly hesitant doing it while still losing 5000$ per month (4920$ this month, mainly because Ramone wasnīt used) as like I said before, I would like to keep the spirit of 0/0/0/0 alive a bit and that would mean being financically on profit or at least losing as little money as possible. Now mind you, adding new guys doesnīt instantly mean more expences as I could just leave guys out from the show to keep costs down, but top guys tend to get unhappy about that and Iīd like to book as many guys into show as I can so itīs not something that I would like to do either. I do need to eventually bite the bullet on that (if nothing else, I would need new feud options at some point) but right now, Iīm still on wait and see mode for the roster expansion front.

Roster popularity:
main event: Smooth: 18, Jolson: 18, Joe: 19
upper midcard: Cobra: 17, Queen: 18, , Seth: 18
midcard: Mortimer: 16, Reeves: 17, Ramone: 17
lower midcard: Kid: 16

Still going decently nice on popularity front, so nice in fact that Iīm kind of starting to question my earlier complains. I mean sure, itīs kind of a brick wall compered to getting up to 17 popularity but it also seems that youd donīt really drop more than a point from were you stand so losses have been small as well. Then again, it remains to be seen how hard the drop is when say, Joe loses his next match which is going to happen at some point. As for gains and losses Smooth not getting a point when beating Queen was a disappointment but Queen not losing any somewhat made up for that. Seth/Jolson got one by beating Mortimer/Kid who fell a point as a result while everyone else stayed were they had been.

Or thatīs how things were afte my show, however, Ramoneīs popularity actually rised to 21 after FCW show (he was in a losing effort against lower midcarder Kip Keenan), thus pushing him as the most popular guy in my roster. So it seems that Austin and Ramone being signed by FCW will certainly affect my booking on the future as their higher popularity gains in FCW mean that I can have them bleed popularity to my other guys and just trust that they are going to regain their popularity with FCW. Smooth didnīt have a match with FCW this month so he stays were he was popularity wise.
Unread 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Hall of Fame

November 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 39

1 vs. 1
vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Ricochet Ramone defeated Rex Reeves in 6:08 by pinfall with a Ricochet Senton.
Performance: Ramone: E+, Reeves: E-
WINNER: Ricochet Ramone by pinfall in 6:08 E+

ANGLE:

After heīs match, Ramone takes a microphone and informs Cobra that he heard what Cobra had to say last month but if he things that Ramone is an "easy target", he has another "learning experience" in front of him. E+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Cobra

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cobra defeated Kid Fantastic in 7:27 by submission with a Viper Vice.
Performance: Kid: E-, Cobra: D-
WINNER: Cobra by submission in 7:27 E+

ANGLE:

Next, we have Austin Smooth coming into ring and as usual, he has nice things to say about himself and not so nice things to say about everyone else, this time it was Regular Joe who has on heīs teeths, as Smooth confidently told audience that heīs going to win the King of the Network belt tonight from that "average nobody". This did draw Regular Joe into ringside as he tells Austin to put his money were his mouth is and tells him to bring his A-game so that he could show that heīs atleast half as good as he says he is. The two end the segment up with a staredown, but no contact is made. D

2 vs. 2
& vs. &
Quentin Queen & Seth Whitehead vs. Justice Jolson & Mad Dog Mortimer

In a decent match, Quentin Queen and Seth Whitehead defeated Justice Jolson and Mad Dog Mortimer in 8:17 when Quentin Queen defeated Mad Dog Mortimer by pinfall with a Q-Ball.

Mad Dog Mortimer was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.
Notes: Jolson and Mortimer donīt work well as a team
Performance: Seth: D-, Queen: E+, Jolson: E, Mortimer: E-
WINNERS: Quentin Queen & Seth Whitehead by pinfall in 8:17 E+

vs.
Regular Joe vs. Austin Smooth

In a decent match, Regular Joe defeated Austin Smooth in 7:41 by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 7 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Joe: E+, Smooth: D
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 7:41 D-

Comments: I planned Joe and Smooth to be the main event all along (and Joe was scheduled to win the first encounter too) so sudden contracts with FCW didnīt affect booking there. That said, I was thinking of ways to put Ramone somewhere in here as I kind of wanted his extra popularity elsewhere (remember heīs still classified as jobber/midcarder while being main eventer thanks to his popularity gain) but the number one contender match I had last month kind of painted me into corner as far as Joeīs next title defense was concerned (no storyline reason to add third guy or have Joe face Ramone first). I was also considering who I would want to gain Ramoneīs popularity (spoilers, heīs going to donate some of that to somebody else in near future) as Smooth was the obvious choice but with him also being in FCW, I donīt think he needs the extra help. Joe or Queen would be the next most logical choice but with Joe tied to Austin and Queen not being in storyline (and thus not being a priority for a push right now) made those unlikely options as well. Oh and also those would both had been face vs. face matches and while Iīm not completely against doing those, I still like to avoid them if possible. Cobra or Jolson would be the next logical options then but Iīm uncertain if putting either one as my most over guy is any better than just having Ramone be on top. In the end, I decided to postpone a decision here a bit and see how that extra popularity helps Ramone. And yes, the dynamics of this save did chance surprisingly much with those two FCW signings. I did praise Queen (more because heīs unhappy than for him doing something great) Joe and Austin (again, two best rated segments in the show included them).

Hereīs how the popularities stand after my show:
main event: Smooth: 18, Joe: 19, Ramone: 21
upper midcard: Jolson: 18, Queen: 18, Seth: 18
midcard: Cobra: 17, Mortimer: 17, Reeves: 17,

So no gains (other than Kid and Mortimer getting back to 17) but no losses either. Mortimer complained the recent bookings after the show but that wonīt change anything. Also, some contracts were close to ending with Jolson, Seth and Mortimer or being on last month of their current contracts. I resigned Jolson for 500 per show for 2 years (100$ more than before), Seth for 400$ per show for three years (was 270$ before) and Mortimer for 300$ per show for a year (was 260$ before). Next ending contracts will be Kid Fantastic during 2 months and Ramone and Reeves after three months. Everyone else has at least a year left for their current contracts. So, I will lose slighly more money than before (and that will potentially increase with the trio of contracts ending soon) but all three were reasonable demands and I made sure to grab Seth for a 3 year contract as that will hopefully be a steal in a year or two. Speaking of losing more money, we had another 5 202$ lost this month. In FCW, Ramone had another match, this time beating Mutant but it didnīt change his popularity, Smooth on the other hand, didnīt have match this time either so heīs still stuck on were he was.
Unread 10-10-2018, 02:23 PM
All Star

Mad Dog Mortimer is complaining about booking decisions? That's highly disappointing to hear. I always used him in previous versions because he was so easy to work with.
Unread 10-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Mad Dog Mortimer is complaining about booking decisions? That's highly disappointing to hear. I always used him in previous versions because he was so easy to work with.
Surprised by this as well. He jobbed for a year straight in my AAW game and never once made a fuss about it.
Unread 10-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voeltzwagon View Post
Surprised by this as well. He jobbed for a year straight in my AAW game and never once made a fuss about it.
Of course he's going to complain, you can't job a talent such as the Mad Dog and expect him to take it.
Unread 10-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Hall of Fame

Fisrt things first, big thanks to Jaded on nominating me for two differend DOTM categories, I donīt expect to win those but itīs always nice to hear people like your work.

December 2016
Friday, week 3

ESE Eternal Storm
Attendance: 40

ANGLE:

The show starts with very familiar sight as Austin Smooth is in the ring and he has a microphone in hand. Smooth declares that heīs loss to Joe was once in the lifetime abnormality and that he can do everything Joe can do million times better and he proves that here tonight as he will face two men just like Joe will later in the show and he will dominate the match (which Joe is not) and show heīs superiority. He also tells Joe that he hopes Joe is going to win tonight because he want to take the belt way from Joe so that he can show that what he has said tonight is the truth. D-

1 vs. 1 vs. 1
vs. vs.
Kid Fantastic vs. Austin Smooth vs. Mad Dog Mortimer

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Austin Smooth defeated Kid Fantastic and Mad Dog Mortimer in 7:51 when Austin Smooth defeated Mad Dog Mortimer by submission with a Smooth Hold.

Austin Smooth carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Notes:-
Performance: Kid: E-, Smooth: D-, Mortimer: E-
WINNER: Austin Smooth by pinfall in 7:51 E+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Quentin Queen vs. Rex Reeves

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Quentin Queen defeated Rex Reeves in 5:53 by pinfall with a Q-Ball.
Performance: Queen: E+, Reeves: E-
WINNER: Quentin Queen by pinfall in 5:53 E+

1 vs. 1
vs.
Ricochet Ramone vs. Cobra

In a decent match, Cobra defeated Ricochet Ramone in 7:39 by submission with a Viper Vice after blatantly cheating.
Performance: Ramone: E+, Cobra: E+
WINNER: Cobra by submssion after cheating in 7:39 E+

ANGLE:

Before his match, Joe has few words to say. Firstly he aknowledges Smoothīs promo from earlier, saying that he has been around long enough to realize that Smooth is going to come after him again, as will everyone else ragardless how often he wins. However, Smooth isnīt top on Joeīs mind tonight as he will ahve another tough title defense in front of him against two opponents, one that heīs very familiar with and one that he havenīt faced before, and he has to beat them first before he can concentrate on Smooth. D-

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 for King of the Network belt

vs. vs.
Regular Joe vs. Seth Whitehead vs. Justice Jolson

In a decent match, Regular Joe defeated Justice Jolson and Seth Whitehead in 9:33 when Regular Joe defeated Seth Whitehead by pinfall with a Joe And Behold. Regular Joe makes defence number 8 of his ESE King of the Network title.
Performance: Joe: E+, Seth: D-, Jolson: E+
WINNER: Regular Joe by pinfall in 9:33 D-

Comments: Few backstage incitends happened before the show, main one being that Mod Dog celebrated his new contract by being late on the meeting, I let him of with a stern warning, Cobra also made backstage happier place by doing some good impressions on his fellow wrestlers. As you can see, in the end, I decided to give Cobra the push by having him go over Ramone (mainly I felt it just made the most sense since heīs the one feuding with Ramone), although I did make it via cheating mainly because it fit into storyline I was building. Other than that, I gave Joe another defense while at the same time progressed another feud by having Seth and Jolson get a title shot, perhaps not the most logical choice considering that Jolson have had three shot this year thanks to his feud with Joe but it served itīs purpose. I did compliment Ramone, Jolson and Seth this time as all three of them had higher performance than normally.

Now lets see how the popularities look at the end of the first year:
main event: Smooth: 18, Cobra: 19, Joe: 19,
upper midcard: Jolson: 18, Queen: 18, Seth: 18
midcard: , Mortimer: 17, Reeves: 17, Ramone: 18

So, Cobra gained two points and Ramone lost three? Fair enough. Everyone else stayed were they had been. I think Iīm slowly getting a hang on this one, doing this after every show had really helped me as earlier I just tended to be annoyed on seemingly not getting any progress but writing these things down really seem to help me concentrate more and notice the small changes that happen (and also helped me realize that the flip side being popularity ainīt lost quickly either making the low progress easier to accept).

Funny fact: Guess who has the best momentum out from my guys? Did you say Justice Jolson? Because heīs the right answer being the only guy with major positive momentum. Joe, Seth and Queen all have positive while Smooth, Cobra and Ramone have minor positive. Reeves has negative while Kid and Mortimer have major negative, not that it matters as they seem to be able to stay on 17 popularity regardless and have zero chance getting higher right now. As for finances, I took yet another 5 372$ loss this month.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voeltzwagon View Post
To be fair, Mortimer has kind of a case with this thanks to game occasionally putting him as upper midcard guy. He also had than incitend with me on first show (he was late) and had his behavior worsen when I gave him a warning so heīs slighly worse backstage presence than what he would normally be (heīs not positive backstage influence anymore) He also had poor starting rating with his gimmick too which I believe affect his mood as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Of course he's going to complain, you can't job a talent such as the Mad Dog and expect him to take it.
I admit that thereīs were little appeal to Mortimer to work for me as heīs not getting paid that much and all he does it put others over so heīs own career (heīs not on time decline yet so there might be few years left for him) doesnīt really benefit from this either. And with little shot of getting work elsewhere, it does make sense (in real life if not in game) for him to complain in order to try to get a better push in ESE (not happening but hey, itīs alright to dream )
Unread 10-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Roster Review:

After full year, I like to review my roster and talk a bit about how I think things had gone and were everyone stands in terms of push. Overall, the progress to small size has been nice, it will still likely take over a year to get there but at least Iīm progressing towards it. The popularity problem is well documented here so not going to touch that here, at least itīs looks like that Iīm slowly making progress on that as well. Size of the roster is about what it could be on local, I will likely get two new guys (most likely main event heel and jobber face) somewhere during the year if for nothing else than to give new match options but 12 wrestlers is the maximum I plan to go before Iīm at least very close to small (which at the current space should be around end of the year). I wonīt bother to put non-wrestlers into this review as I have pretty much nothing to say about them, they have all filled their place and thatīs all I care so they are going to stay for the time being. I also decided that I want to include former employees on this review, kind of just looking how guys who have left one reason or another are doing.

Main event:

Austin Smooth:
Heel, Prima Donna.
Record (in ESE): 7 - 1 - 4
Average match Rating (in ESE): E+
Smooth was my top guy in terms of match ratings during the year being in 5 D- rated matches (out from 9) and will certainly hold the top heel spot at the start of 2017. Despite this, he only has minor positive momentum which indicates that I have missbooked him during the year. Oh well, heīs talented enough to get to the top even with bad booking so Iīm not too worried. Look for Smooth to stay in the spotlight next year as well.

Cobra
Heel, Snake
Record (in ESE): 6 - 0 - 4
Bit of a surprise main eventer at this point, although this is mostly just for the fact that I picked Cobra to go over Ramone and I personally still rate him as midcard guy. Regardless, Cobra has been surprisingly solid hand (heīs been in 3 of the 9 D- rated matches) and while I would still be likely to get another guy for the second heel spot in near future, Cobra will at least be a great third heel and outside of the current top three, heīs the first guy I would currently look to fill a main event spot if needed.

Regular Joe
Face, Blue Collar
Record (in ESE): 10 - 1 - 1
Joe did benefit from being the champion and that is shown by his win-loss record. He was in 4 of the 9 D- rated matches but unlike Smooth (or Cobra and Seth for that matter), he never really managed to turn those personal D- match ratings which is a strike against him considering that I mainly hired him for his in-ring skills. Still, heīs solid hand and while he havenīt been spectacular, he havenīt really had off nights either and will likely stay in my roster for a long time. I would still assume that Joe would eventually fall into more of a midcard role but right now Iīm happy to have him as part of my top three.

Upper Midcard:

Justice Jonson
Heel, Strongman
Record (in ESE): 7 - 0 - 5
I rate Jolson slighly below Cobra and Seth (big part of this is the average match ratings which Iīm likely valuing too much considering my product) which would essentially put him at the bottom of my midcard and thus a likely cut if I need to start cutting guys in order to give myself room for new hires if/when new blood is required. That said, the cut wouldnīt happen before his current contract ends so heīs staying for quite a long while even at worst case. Also, he has managed to gain good momentum (assuming those monster unleashed angles had been helping since heīs actual win-loss record isnīt any better than other non-jobber guys) and that might help him to rise in the ranks and perhaps secure a job past 2018. Jolson has so far been 2 out of 9 D- rated matches.

Quentin Queen
Face, Blue Chipper
Record (in ESE): 8 - 1 - 3
Queen is pretty much in the same train than Joe, slighly disappointing personal match ratings (despite being in 4 of the 9 D- rated matches) but nothing too bad and is currently still seen as top face alongside Joe. Queen has complained about losses a few times (sure way to get into my bad side) which doesnīt help him. Regardless of small bumps, heīs still seen as top face and likely the one guy from current face side that I expect to stay on top when we grow into bigger size.

Seth Whitehead
Face, Bad Ass
Record (in ESE): 8 - 0 - 4
Seth has been 3 out of 9 D- rated matches and is third guy alongside Smooth and Cobra who have managed to gain occasional D- as their personal match rating. That said, Seth is still seen as number three face and thatīs likely were his current glass ceiling is going to be unless he catches fire big time. Still, heīs character gives a nice contrast compered to other faces and I have no plans on letting him go anytime soon, as shown with the new three year contract.

Midcard:

Mad Dog Mortimer
Heel, Old School Heel
Record (in ESE): 0 - 0 - 12
Average match Rating (in ESE): E
Mortimer did do about what I expected, which to be fair, wasnīt much. Still, heīs cheap and doesnīt cause problems backstage and thatīs good enough for a jobber spot in my companies. Mortimer got contract extension recently so heīs goign to stay most of this year but is likely going to be cut after that.

Rex Reeves
Heel, Evil Doer
Record (in ESE): 1 - 0 - 8
Pretty much the same things that I said about Mortimer applies to Reeves as well with the expection that he havenīt been resigned yet as heīs contract runs out after 2 - 3 months. Iīd likely keep Reeves for another year or two with the third year depending on few things (currently I plan to cut two jobber after this year and with Reeves, Kid and Mortimer being the jobbers that means that one will likely get a third year). Reeves is on time decline so thatīs a strike against him but itīs still on early state and I donīt expect him to deliver ratings anyway so itīs not a big deal.

Ricochet Ramone
Face, Bubbly Babyface
Record (in ESE): 5 - 0 - 4
Being signed by FCW might help or hurt Ramone a bit. Help because that extra experience means we wonīt be considered as jobber anymore (do be fair, he was kind of borderline midcard guy to begin with, as shown by his record), and hurt because heīs contract is coming up and Iīm not willing to go above the 600$ per show that Iīm currently paying him. Assuming he doesnīt ask a pay raise, heīs going to stay and while he will surely have some key losses during the year, you can expect him to get around the same record than this year. Despite the extra popularity and midcard status, heīs still considered number four face behind Seth and with his style holding him back, he needs to gain lots of popularity in FCW to rise any further on the ranks but he has chance to impress me thanks to being in a storyline with Cobra.

Lower Midcard:

Kid Fantastic:
Face, Clubber
Record (in ESE): 1- 0 - 8
Kid is third guy alongside Ramone and Reeves who has heīs contract extension soon and like the other two, the idea would be to keep him at least for another year assuming he doesnīt ask a big pay raise. That said, with him being the only face jobber in the company (at the time being), he canīt be expected to do any better this year than what he did in last. Basically his best shot is to use his time here to help him develop and then hopefully get a job elsewhere based on improments his done with me.

Title History:
King of the Network belt:

Current Champion: Regular Joe (1st run) 8 defences

Alumni:

Lucas Danger
Record during the year (in ESE + Independence): 0 - 0 - 4
Average match Rating during the year (in ESE + Independence): E-
Lucas didnīt stay for long with he as he showed up wasted in both shows he took part. He didnīt do particularly good afterwards either, only having two intenpendence show appearances losing both (with F+ and E- ratings on matches).