Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-21-2018, 12:54 AM
Hall of Fame

James Storm vs. Austin Aries
Fenix vs. Drago
Crazzy Steve vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Toru Yano
Nick Aldis vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager (readers vote match)
Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon (readers vote match)
Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega (readers vote match)
Kushida vs. Sanada (readers vote match)
Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito (readers vote match)
Marty Scrull vs. Will Osprey (readers vote match)
Unread 09-21-2018, 03:00 AM
Super Star

Fenix vs. Drago
Kaz Hayashi vs. Toru Yano
Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager (readers vote match)
Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon (readers vote match)
Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega (readers vote match)
Kushida vs. Sanada (readers vote match)
Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito (readers vote match)
Marty Scrull vs. Will Osprey (readers vote match)
Unread 09-21-2018, 02:21 PM
Major League

I am getting ready to book the first show, but I wanted to give a few notes first:

As I am more concerned with the Olympic competition style, I'm going to do whatever is necessary to keep it going, and to keep it as a cult company. That means if money is getting low, I'll edit the company to have more money. If the promotion slips below cult level, I'll edit prestige ratings to keep it at cult so I can continue to sign wrestlers to written contracts. And if my shows do bad enough to get dropped, then no big deal, I'll create my own tv broadcaster, since I'll have the money to do it. I hope all this doesn't run people off, as I'm not running it as a real life promotion where we could lose tv, go bankrupt, etc etc. When I've had enough, I'll put the company out of business myself.

Also, as far as writing style, it will be all text, but ratings, attendance, etc isn't a concern. I'll be writing on the match and the result, nothing else. You'll see what I mean when I do this first report. I hope that doesn't run you guys off, doing it this way, as I thought this would be a cool, simple concept to do, and the reports can be kept quick and simple.
Unread 09-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Major League

IPOW Unleashed
Wed, Week 4, Sept. 2018
San Jose Municipal Stadium- San Jose, CA
Show Attendance: 3,395

Japan Qualifying Match

Kaz Kayashi vs. Toru Yano

In typical Yano fashion, he did his best to make it a comedy match, but Kaz was having none of it and took control.

Winner: Kaz Kayashi

Kaz will advance to the Men's Singles Tournament, while Yano will go to the Men's Tag Team Tournament and await his partner.

Japan Qualifying Match

Kushida vs. Sanada

An exciting match here between 2 fabulous workers, but in the end, Sanada was just too much.

Winner: Sanada

So with that, Toru Yano and Kushida will team up in the Men's Tag Team Tournament.

Mexico Qualifying Match

Fenix vs. Drago

Another exciting match, but Fenix got the victory to secure his spot in the Men's Singles Tournament. Drago will await his partner in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Fenix

Canada Qualifying Match

Dupree clearly showed why he is the better wrestler in this one, clinching his spot in the singles tournament, while Crazzy Steve will go to the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Rene Dupree

Puerto Rico Qualifying Match- Three Way Dance

Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito

Banderas was the far superior in-ring performer here, as he carried the match. Red and Carlito did their part, but Banderas claimed the spot in the Singles Tournament, while Red and Carlito could be a very formidable team in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Ricky Banderas

England Qualifying Match

Marty Scurll vs. Will Osprey

These 2 are no strangers to each other, but in the end Scurll clinched his spot in the Singles Tournament, while Osprey will await his teammate in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Marty Scurll

Canada Qualifying Match

Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega

Williams is a damn fine wrestler, but he was no match for Omega in this one. Omega proved why he is one of the best in the world, moving to the Singles Tournament where he can be a legit contender. Williams moves to the Tag Team Bracket where he will team with Crazzy Steve.

Winner: Kenny Omega

Mexico Qualifying Match

Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon

2 excellent performers, but one with a major attitude. Alberto dominated the match, but showed his cocky attitude, and that was his downfall, as Penta got a quick victory, earning his spot in the Singles Tournament. Alberto will go to the Tag Team Tournament and team with Drago.

Winner: Pentagon

**As expected, Alberto was furious at the match booking, so I not only had to have him dominate the match, but also had to keep him strong the entire match, and make the finish a quick pinfall finish. I'm really regretting signing Alberto already. That Tag Team Tournament could be a disaster with him in it.**

United States Qualifying Match

A bit of an upset here, as Storm was able to surprise Aries to steal a spot in the Singles Tournament. Aries will await his partner in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: James Storm

England Qualifying Match

The former NWA champion had a classic match with Sabre, but in the end, it was the youth of Sabre who got the win to get a spot in the Singles Tournament. Nick Aldis will now move to the Tag Team Tournament and will team with Will Osprey.

Winner: Zack Sabre Jr.

United States Qualifying Match

Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager

The main event of the night would see the final spot in the Singles Tournament decided. It was back and forth, but the submission skills of Hager came through in this one. He claims the last spot in the Singles Tournament, while Mr. Anderson will team with Austin Aries in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Jake Hager

The pools for the 3 tournaments will be released shortly.
Unread 09-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Major League

Here is a look at the tournament blocks for the Men's and Women's Singles Tournaments, and for the Tag Team Tournament, of which 2 teams have been added to make it 8 as well.

Men's Singles Tournament

Block A

James Storm- USA
Fenix- Mexico
Kenny Omega- Canada
Sanada- Japan
Marty Scrull- England
Dameon Duke- South Africa
Rocky Romero- Cuba
Shiima Xion- Philippines

Block B

Jake Hager- USA
Pentagon- Mexico
Rene Dupree- Canada
Kaz Hayashi- Japan
Zack Sabre Jr.- England
P.J. Black- South Africa
Ricky Banderas- Puerto Rico
Grado- Scotland

Men's Tag Team Tournament

Austin Aries and Mr. Anderson- USA
Drago and Alberto El Patron- Mexico
Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams- Canada
Toru Yano and Kushida- Japan
Nick Aldis and Will Osprey- England
Amazing Red and Carlito- Puerto Rico
Tama Tonga and Taula Fifita- Tonga
Desi Hit Squad- India

Women's Singles Tournament

Block A

Celeste Bonin- USA
Fabi Apache- Mexico
Chelsea Green- Canada
Hikaru Shida- Japan
Katarina Leigh- Germany
Isla Dawn- Scotland
Toni Storm- New Zealand

Block B

Madison Rayne- USA
Mari Apache- Mexico
Angel Williams- Canada
Makoto- Japan
Alpha Female- Germany
Madison Eagles- Australia
Kay Lee Ray- Scotland
Shanna- Portugal

So as you can see there is now 16 countries represented, and that is the country count I will try to have in the future, if I can find enough decent people. With the females especially, some of them aren't so well known, so the predictions and readers votes there may be skewed towards the more known wrestlers.

Also, as of this point, aside from the Readers Vote, this has now become more interactive. I'm asking everybody to not only vote for the readers vote matches, but also the random dice roll matches too. While those will be predictions, they all count. I will make a tab of everybodys predictions for all the matches, and the top 3 people will get to have a say in who makes next seasons IPOW roster.

The Gold Medal winner will get 4 selections.
The Silver Medal winner will get 3 selections.
The Bronze Medal winner will get 2 selections.

Keep in mind I am running this report on another forum too, but as of now I've only had 1 person interested in participating, so most of the winners will probably come from here.

As an aside, the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winners for the countries will have a tougher task next season. I would expect the USA, Japan, Mexico, Canada, and maybe England to be in the mix, and since they seem to have the most talent, they will have qualifying for next year. More on that later.

If anybody has any questions or comments, please let me know. I am going to do my best to get other nations involved next season so that all nations have a chance, and I have shortlisted WWE and NXT, so any time I can, I'll try to sign that talent, if their WWE contract is coming to an end soon, or if they get released. But if anybody has any questions, feel free to let me know.

I'm really excited for this dynasty, easily the most excited I've been for any of my dynasty attempts, I hope you guys enjoy.
Unread 09-21-2018, 08:02 PM
Major League

I have dropped the show to an hour show per week, at least for the first season. I have done the math, and I will just go in order with 1 block per week. For instance, the next card will be Block A of the Men's Singles, then Block B of the Men's Singles, then Tag Team, and so on. I added the 2 Tag Teams to give them a block of 8 to make that even. By my count, that is basically 5 blocks, and each will wrestle 7 times, so 35 weeks, plus the championships, so 36 weeks, or 9 months.

In the future, I might not sign people to a written contract, because doing it this way, most of the wrestlers will only see action once a month, unless I let them go on house shows to get work. I might. I haven't decided. I'm taking opinions on that. The only reason I'm doing it this way is so that I don't get myself confused and have the Men's Singles having 3 matches each and the Women's Singles 1 each, or something like that. But I definitely think signing everyone to a written contract might have been a mistake. My biggest fear was someone not being available for a show, which would have caused a problem too. That will be something to think about going forward.

OK, enough babbling. I plan on running the next card on Monday at the latest, and possibly even Sunday. I will give 24 hour notice either tomorrow or Sunday. The next card will be Block A of the Men's Singles (I'll just go in order to keep it simple). The match-ups will be:

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega
Marty Scrull vs. James Storm
Sanada vs. Dameon Duke
Fenix vs. Shiima Xion- readers vote match

I will use a random dice roller to decide which match will be the readers vote match every time. I thought about having 2 readers vote matches, but I think 1 out of every 4 is adequate.

Get your votes/predictions in, and again, any comments or concerns or questions are welcome. Thanks.
Unread 09-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Super Star

Winners

Omega, he is the star of your promotion
Storm, had Osprey got through it might be different but Storm needs to win here.
Sanada, obvious choice here.
Fenix, again just an obvious booking decision. Ion is a decent worker but Fenix is the better choice.

As for ADR it will be easy as most other teams have someone who can safely job to him. Anderson, Yano, Steve, Red and either of the Hit Squad. The Brits and the Guerilla of Destiny are the class acts but if you have fed him some wins and Drago takes the fall he should be fine if he needs to drop to them.

As for the women I know them all. Obviously Eagles is the class act and Storm not far behind. They should win their pools although Fabi and Hikaru make pool A tougher. I would book pre show matches with the girls before you do the comp proper to build up their profiles a bit to help your ratings for their comp matches. People like Makoto can get decent ratings if you run a couple of T and A angles or matches first
Unread 09-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Living Legend

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega- Mainly because I can't stand Kenny
Marty Scrull vs. James Storm- This is a tough one because I am a fan of both.
Sanada vs. Dameon Duke- I have no clue who Dameon Duke is, so I have to go with Sanada because I have at least heard of him.
Unread 09-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega- Mainly because I can't stand Kenny
Marty Scrull vs. James Storm- This is a tough one because I am a fan of both.
Sanada vs. Dameon Duke- I have no clue who Dameon Duke is, so I have to go with Sanada because I have at least heard of him.
Dameon Duke is the old Adam Rose from WWE, if you want to change your vote. Just thought I'd let you know.
Unread 09-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
Winners

Omega, he is the star of your promotion
Storm, had Osprey got through it might be different but Storm needs to win here.
Sanada, obvious choice here.
Fenix, again just an obvious booking decision. Ion is a decent worker but Fenix is the better choice.

As for ADR it will be easy as most other teams have someone who can safely job to him. Anderson, Yano, Steve, Red and either of the Hit Squad. The Brits and the Guerilla of Destiny are the class acts but if you have fed him some wins and Drago takes the fall he should be fine if he needs to drop to them.

As for the women I know them all. Obviously Eagles is the class act and Storm not far behind. They should win their pools although Fabi and Hikaru make pool A tougher. I would book pre show matches with the girls before you do the comp proper to build up their profiles a bit to help your ratings for their comp matches. People like Makoto can get decent ratings if you run a couple of T and A angles or matches first
That's not a bad idea, to run preshow matches. Rating wise, I really don't care, cause as I said I'll edit things how I need to so that I can keep this going as a Cult promotion as long as I see fit. But to get everyone some extra work, that's not a bad idea. Hire some other talent to boost some of the others up when they randomly lose a match they shouldn't lose. Although the dice rolls are random, I've put a bit of logic in there too, so it'll still be a bit tough for upsets to happen regularly. Not gonna lie, I'm taking some stock into everybodys votes for all the matches, and that is having a little effect on the dice rolls. After all, a guy like Grado probably shouldn't be beating a guy like Kenny Omega.

I'm glad you are familiar with all the females, I have to admit I'm not, so for me, that really is pretty random. I would have just said that females like Madison Rayne or Angel Williams would have been the favorites.
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:52 PM
Super Star

Storm is on the Evolution PPV. Eagles is a former PWI women's number 1 and multiple SHIMMER champ who is along with Cheerleader Melissais one of the two best female workers in North America. She is quite simply a class above most of the girls you have and towers over them too. Those two are the best worker and future of your women's division. If you edit your women by in ring you will see what I mean. Eagles has Sex Appeal, in ring and decent SQ she isn't as known largely due to having kids. Storm meanwhile is facing Io Shirai at the Evolution PPV was in the final of the WWE UK Womens has held the main titles in multiple promotions and is the consensus next big thing in women's wrestling.

Last edited by alpha2117 : 09-22-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Unread 09-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
Dameon Duke is the old Adam Rose from WWE, if you want to change your vote. Just thought I'd let you know.
To quote Johnny Carson, and to show my age, "I did not know that."

Though it is listed right there in your roster write-up. Not sure how I missed it but I did.

I am not going to bother changing my pick because it is a random pick so I have a 50/50 shot of being right about the outcome.
Unread 09-22-2018, 11:32 PM
Super Star

Since you are a little unfamiliar with the women you have I thought I'd give you a quick analysis

Celeste Bonin- USA - Solid moderate talent (The mod probably underrates her especially on Sex Appeal)
Fabi Apache- Mexico - Decent vet Mexican talent not as good as Mary Apache but still a reasonable flyer.
Chelsea Green- Canada - Eye Candy
Hikaru Shida- Japan - Genuinely good in ring
Katarina Leigh- Germany - Solid veteran worker
Isla Dawn- Scotland - eye Candy but perhaps more long term
Toni Storm- New Zealand - Still young, good brawling already and decent in ring, great basics and good looks combined with decent SQ. A long term investment

Madison Rayne- USA - Decent worker with good looks
Mari Apache- Mexico - Skilled vet can fly well
Angel Williams- Canada - Eye Candy with good baseline skills only a moderate Brawler with little else ring wise in the mod.
Makoto- Japan - solid worker lacks Star quality
Alpha Female- Germany - Decent brawler
Madison Eagles- Australia - Fantastic all round worker
Kay Lee Ray- Scotland - Not just Eye Candy given her baseline skills
Shanna- Portugal - Mainly Eye Candy

A's the more balanced pool with Fabi, Storm, Kat Waters & Hikaru any of whom could win. At this point Hikaru Shida is the best worker but Storm edges her due to much better Brawling, Star Quality & Sex Appeal.

B has Eagles who along with Cheerleader Melissa are arguably the Godmothers of the current Women's Evolution due to their work in the early days of Shimmer that saw Women's wrestling begin to regain credibility. Rayne & Williams have charisma but lack the in ring skills to truly challenge in a in ring performance based fed. Mary Apache Vs Madison Eagles will probably produce the best match in the tourney based on their abilities.
Unread 09-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Major League

I will run the next card tomorrow so if you haven't gotten your votes in yet, you have about 18 hours or so.
Unread 09-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Major League

Since I'm short on votes for the card and have a busy day, I'm giving a 24 hour notice. I will definitely be running this card tomorrow, so get your votes/predictions in.