Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Super Star

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega
Marty Scrull vs. James Storm
Sanada vs. Dameon Duke
Fenix vs. Shiima Xion- readers vote match
Unread 09-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Major League

IPOW Unleashed
Wednesday, Week 1, October 2018
Al McGuire Center- Milwaukee, WI
Show Attendance: 3,363

Preshow Matches

Makoto defeated Stacy Shadows (*)
Angel Williams vs. Mia Svensson (*)

(*)- Both Shadows and Svensson were hired to one night only deals to put over Makoto and Williams.

Main Show

Breaking News

Backstage before the show, Will Osprey and PJ Black got into an altercation. Osprey proceeded to beat the crap out of Black before it could get broken up. Because of this, Osprey has been given an official warning and has been docked 1 point. Because of this, Osprey and Nick Aldis will start with -1 points in the Tag Team block, but his nation will NOT be penalized. Osprey has been put on notice that if it happens again, he will be replaced in his block and fired from the company.

Men's Singles Block A Matches

Fenix vs. Shiima Xion

Xion put up a good effort, but he was no match for Fenix, who got the win to earn 3 points for not only himself, but the country of Mexico.

Winner: Fenix (3 points, Mexico- 3 points)

Sanada vs. Dameon Duke

An excellent match in which neither man could get an advantage. This was evident by the fact that the 15 minute time limit expired, giving each participant and country 1 point.

Time Limit Draw: Sanada and Japan- 1 point, Duke and South Africa- 1 point

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega

No surprise here, as Omega completely outclassed Romero to give himself and Canada 3 points.

Winner: Kenny Omega (3 points, Canada- 3 points)

Marty Scrull vs. James Storm

A bit of a surprise in this one, as Storm used his veteran knowledge to steal a victory giving himself and the United States 3 points.

Winner: James Storm (3 points), United States- 3 points

Last edited by sportsfanmas : 09-26-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Unread 09-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Major League

The next show will consist of Block B of the Men's Singles Tournament. The matches will be:

Jake Hager vs. Grado
P.J. Black vs. Ricky Banderas
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (readers vote match)

Please get your votes in by Saturday night, as I plan on running this show then.

Also, we will have preshow matches involving Celeste Bonin, Madison Rayne, Isla Dawn, and Kay Lee Ray. The plan is to hire 4 females to one night contracts and have Bonin, Rayne, Dawn, and Kay Lee Ray go over. I'm planning on getting the women in the Tournament some more popularity, so expect them to always win any preshow matches to make for a more competitive women's tournament.
Unread 09-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Super Star

Jake Hager vs. Grado
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr

My take -

Hager kills Grado who really is the odd man out in this fed. PJ manages to beats Ricky in a squeaker, Pentagons skill outweights Dupree's star power. In the Main Event the technician beats the Japanese vet in a top class contest.

Oh and Osprey beating up PJ Black is as likely as JBL winning a humanitarian of the Year award voted on by a panel of Justin Roberts, Edge and the Miz. The game just throws up weirdness like that sometimes.
Unread 09-27-2018, 02:40 AM
Living Legend

Jake Hager vs. Grado
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (readers vote match)
Unread 09-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Major League

24 hour notice, I'll be running the next show tomorrow
Unread 09-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Major League

Got a few more hours to get your votes in as I'll run the show sometime tonight. Would love a few more votes to sort through
Unread 09-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Low Minors

Jake Hager vs. Grado
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

I really like the idea behind the countries and the style you did with some places having qualifiers because they had more. I had thought about this a year ago and got frustrated with some guys not being available in the US for the tournament and places like Australia, British Isles, Europe getting left out or not being able to get the best. Hope you keep it up and can't wait to see who wins it all.
Unread 09-29-2018, 07:10 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR93WKU View Post
Jake Hager vs. Grado
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree

I really like the idea behind the countries and the style you did with some places having qualifiers because they had more. I had thought about this a year ago and got frustrated with some guys not being available in the US for the tournament and places like Australia, British Isles, Europe getting left out or not being able to get the best. Hope you keep it up and can't wait to see who wins it all.
Thanks, yea I'm gonna try to do at least a few seasons of this, and maybe change the format up a little bit. One idea I had is to have actual tag teams in, instead of thrown together tag teams. I understand completely, there are just certain nations that are going to dominate. USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and England from what I can tell have the most wrestlers, and 3 of those should be near the top of the standings every season. I'm definitely going to take ideas and suggestions for how to change it up, especially with qualifying, but for the most part, this format will stay pretty much the same, with a few tweaks. Thanks for voting.
Unread 09-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
Thanks, yea I'm gonna try to do at least a few seasons of this, and maybe change the format up a little bit. One idea I had is to have actual tag teams in, instead of thrown together tag teams. I understand completely, there are just certain nations that are going to dominate. USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and England from what I can tell have the most wrestlers, and 3 of those should be near the top of the standings every season. I'm definitely going to take ideas and suggestions for how to change it up, especially with qualifying, but for the most part, this format will stay pretty much the same, with a few tweaks. Thanks for voting.
I think the only issue is you probably should have done searches in area by ring work before making offers. It would have given you better workers on the whole. As is you ended up with a few outliers who you knew but didn't necessarily fit the concept like Grado and Chelsea. Instead of Chelsea you could of had Lufisto for instance and that is a huge difference in terms of match quality in a performance based fed. Not sledging Grado and Chelsea just noting that nobody is employing them based on match quality, with them it's character work and this fed isn't pushing that. If you are getting replacements for later seasons then that's what I would suggest.
Unread 09-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Major League

IPOW Unleashed
Wednesday, Week 2, October 2018
Physical Education Complex- Baltimore, MD
Show Attendance: 3,485

Preshow Matches

Isla Dawn defeated Kacee Carlisle (*)
Celeste Bonin defeated Nikki Jett (*)
Kay Lee Ray defeated Lei'd Tapa (*)
Madison Rayne defeated Reby Hardy (*)

The 4 with asterisks by their names were signed to one night deals.

Main Show

Breaking News

For the second straight week, we had a fight backstage. This time it was Taz, I guess going through small man syndrome, challenging Hager to a legit fight. Needless to say, Hager came out on top. Since Taz threw the first punch (or first few punches, I'm not sure), not only did he lose the fight, but was also fined severely. I'm on the hunt for another announcer to do ringside interviews, and to replace Taz as color commentator if he acts up again.

Men's Singles Block B Matches

Sabre completely dominated in the ring here, as Kaz Hayashi wore down quick and was no match for the superb skills of Sabre, who picked up the pinfall victory.

Winner: Zack Sabre Jr. (3 points)
England- 3 points total

Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree

Despite having star power, Dupree was completely outclassed in this one. Penta threw everything in the book at him to get the pinfall victory.

Winner: Pentagon (3 points)
Mexico- 6 points total

Jake Hager vs. Grado

Grado did his best to make it a comedy match, making Hager chase him around the ring. But this promotion is about action, and once Hager caught Grado, he established his dominance in a big way.

Winner: Jake Hager (3 points)
USA- 6 points total

PJ Black vs. Ricky Banderas

This was the toss-up match on the card, but the stamina of Banderas ended up hurting him, as Black was able to keep up steam and get a pinfall victory.

Winner: PJ Black (3 points)
South Africa- 4 points total

This is the format I will be using going forward. I think it works well, you can see how many points the wrestler or tag team has, and then the number of points the nation has total, so you can kind of keep track. Hope you all are enjoying.
Unread 09-29-2018, 08:13 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
I think the only issue is you probably should have done searches in area by ring work before making offers. It would have given you better workers on the whole. As is you ended up with a few outliers who you knew but didn't necessarily fit the concept like Grado and Chelsea. Instead of Chelsea you could of had Lufisto for instance and that is a huge difference in terms of match quality in a performance based fed. Not sledging Grado and Chelsea just noting that nobody is employing them based on match quality, with them it's character work and this fed isn't pushing that. If you are getting replacements for later seasons then that's what I would suggest.
Yea, i'm definitely going to work on that going forward. Some of the in-ring performances are in the 20's and 30's, and in a performance based fed, that's just not enough. Obviously it's a little tough as the best of the best are locked up to written contracts in WWE, some in NJPW. If I were going to look through ratings to find the best in-ring performers, what would I even be looking for? And yep, the wrestlers will be changed up some. I didn't choose the best in-ring performers, so this first season could suffer a bit.
Unread 09-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Major League

We take a break from Men's Singles for a few week and go to the Tag Team Block. The matches for the next card are as follows:

Drago & Alberto El Patron vs. Austin Aries & Mr. Anderson
Toru Yano & Kushida vs. Tama Tonga & Taula Fifita
Nick Aldis & Will Osprey vs. Amazing Red & Carlito
Crazzy Steve & Petey Williams vs. Desi Hit Squad (readers vote match)

I will probably run this show Tuesday, although I could run it Monday. Either way, get your votes and predictions in early.
Unread 09-29-2018, 10:21 PM
Super Star

My take

Drago and ADR win because of tension between Anderson and Aries
GOD win because of their teamwork.
The Brits win what promises to be an interesting match up of teams with a similar stylistic mash up.
Desi Hit Squad with an upset as Williams and Steve fail to connect

With searching bring up all the people, choose role and make it wrestler and sort by abilities choosing in ring and choose great. Then choose either based in or nationality. When you search you will get a limited number of workers. If you chose Canada one who comes up is Lufisto for instance. If you don't find someone you like drop the standard to good and redo the search. While many workers are with big companies there will tend to be some good talent who for whatever reason didn't get runs with big companies. If you want star power search by that instead of or as well as in ring. So say Australia you would get Matt Basso come up, he is a big guy with a good look and good skills but many people who haven't seen RCW or MCW would never have seen him. With some practice you can find hidden gems like Senza Volvo from France who is a decent Luchadore. So when you feel like changing it up there are options out there but often the names won't be instantly recognisable to you.
Unread 09-29-2018, 10:57 PM
Living Legend

If you are struggling to find wrestlers for nations you could always do what MLB did for the stupid World Baseball Classic. They took American born players and put them on teams where their ancestors came from. So you would have Mike Piazza, who was born in the United States, play for team Italy. It is a stretch to do something like that but it is wrestling and I guess it is doable because Baseball has already don it.

Drago & Alberto El Patron vs. Austin Aries & Mr. Anderson
Toru Yano & Kushida vs. Tama Tonga & Taula Fifita
Nick Aldis & Will Osprey vs. Amazing Red & Carlito
Crazzy Steve & Petey Williams vs. Desi Hit Squad (readers vote match)

Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams is such an odd pairing that I feel I am required to pick them to win.