Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-13-2019, 10:25 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
I've never been a big fan of Hawkman, but I'll see if I can track down Nightwing.
Can certainly relate to not liking Hawkman. Looked at him as a major joke for years and years. Heck, I'd hear all the guff Aquaman got and wonder why Hawkman didn't get it even worse. The Super Friends toons reduced him to some dude who could fly and happen to be symmetrical enough as to have wings as well. At least Aquaman had always gotten to retain his powers. Hawkman had everything that could have made him cool stripped away.

And Hawkgirl hardly fared much better on Justice League. They took a woman who ran a big city museum and turned her into a brainless barbarian. The next time I see an animated version of either Hawk that is worth watching will likely be the first because they've both been done serious dirt when utilized in animated series. Wasn't until I got the Showcase comps of the original recipe Hawks that I started to appreciate Katar and Shayera. Was like night and day from their cartoon appearances and such a breath of fresh air to see them treated as something other than one trick ponies.