Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-20-2014, 05:48 AM
GDS Developer

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I'd probably buy the expansions too if it's as gamechanging as you make it seem.
I wouldn't say they're game-changing, more like game-enhancing; some of the other characters are just really fun to play as - especially Unity, who is one of the mini expansions - and offer different styles of play, different strategic decisions, etc. They don't radically alter the way the game is played - except the Vengeance full expansion, which creates a 'Survivor Series' style team-based elimination format. It's a tough one to recommend though - it's my least favourite format, but the hero characters you get with it are amongst my favourites to play as.
Unread 10-21-2014, 01:36 AM
codey

If anyone hasn't checked out Saga, I advise you to do so. It's by the same guy that did Y: The Last Man, so take that as an indication of it's quality. Be warned though, there is a pretty decent amount of adult content, so if that's a deal breaker, you may want to skip it.
Unread 01-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Living Legend

Does anyone else use Marvel Unlimited? I decided to give it a shot and for the most part am enjoying it.

My major gripe so far is how messed up a lot of the release dates listed are, so it screws up chronology/reading order. This isn't so troublesome when you're reading say, Spider-Girl and you just have to scroll through for the issues, but when you go to the Comic Events section and things are all out of order with no indication of what to read first, it's fairly frustrating. I sent them an email about it and the first response was "Well, they're listed by release date." and I responded saying that I was aware, but the release dates are messed up and it makes reading the comic events section fairly annoying. Their response to that was a stock email saying my email was forwarded to someone or another and that I may get a response. So far it's been a week and nothing.
Unread 01-28-2015, 02:59 AM
Hall of Fame

As I'm a avid cardgame fan, I basically try everything. As said before: Sentinels of the Universe is definitely fun. Played a game with 5 people now and it's been a fun ride (despise 'forgetting' to flip the villain ). Got Unity too, and the golem mechanic is quite unique (and I've seen it all). Vengeance was sold out that day.

I also got the new DC Rivals: Batman vs Joker, which is a 2-player deckbuilding game where you try to attack the other player using cards you purchase randomly. Aside from that, the Marvel deckbuilding game is also straight fun. Can't go wrong with it.

As for actual comics, I haven't read anything. Next one I'll (re-)read is probably Hush.
Unread 02-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Major League

Quote:
As I'm a avid cardgame fan, I basically try everything. As said before: Sentinels of the Universe is definitely fun. Played a game with 5 people now and it's been a fun ride (despise 'forgetting' to flip the villain ). Got Unity too, and the golem mechanic is quite unique (and I've seen it all). Vengeance was sold out that day.

I also got the new DC Rivals: Batman vs Joker, which is a 2-player deckbuilding game where you try to attack the other player using cards you purchase randomly. Aside from that, the Marvel deckbuilding game is also straight fun. Can't go wrong with it.

As for actual comics, I haven't read anything. Next one I'll (re-)read is probably Hush.
Can you send me a link to DC Rivals?
Unread 02-10-2015, 03:41 AM
All Star

Yay! Marvel and Sony finally agreed to co-produce Spider-Man movies and have him part of the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe! I've been waiting for this for quite some time now... rejoice!
Unread 02-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechguy View Post
Can you send me a link to DC Rivals?
You can't find it in your store or on boardgamegeek? For the record: it's a physical card game (with all the digital ones nowadays it's easy to get confused).

And with Skullkickers seemlingly on hold (despite the succes?) and Ravine not doing well (why that is is beyond me... it's awesome), it seems like I'm totally done with comics.

Last edited by Blackman : 02-10-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Unread 02-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Major League

Oh right, seems cool enough to buy xD
Unread 02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Hall of Fame

I haven't read any graphic novels in a long while but the other day I bought Batman Volume 1: The Court of Owls (The New 52), Batman Volume 2: The City of Owls (The New 52), Batman Volume 3: Death of the Family (The New 52), Batman Volume 4: Zero Year - Secret City (The New 52) and Batman Volume 5: Zero Year - Dark City (The New 52). Haven't read any of them yet but intend on getting some time over the weekend to sit down and get through a couple of them at least.
Unread 02-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
I haven't read any graphic novels in a long while but the other day I bought Batman Volume 1: The Court of Owls (The New 52), Batman Volume 2: The City of Owls (The New 52), Batman Volume 3: Death of the Family (The New 52), Batman Volume 4: Zero Year - Secret City (The New 52) and Batman Volume 5: Zero Year - Dark City (The New 52). Haven't read any of them yet but intend on getting some time over the weekend to sit down and get through a couple of them at least.
I recently bought the Death of The Family bundle that comes with The Joker mask. It's an amazing read!
Unread 02-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Minor League

I love collecting the DC Showcase and Marvel Essentials. I personally love the old school Avengers just because they were an amazing cast of characters filled with romance.
Unread 02-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechguy View Post
I recently bought the Death of The Family bundle that comes with The Joker mask. It's an amazing read!
I thought about getting that version but my "it's gotta look nice on the shelf with the others" OCD kicked in haha.
Unread 05-29-2018, 04:26 AM
Living Legend

Time to bring this thread back from the dead.

I am really enjoying the new Silencer series from DC. The sales for it are not that great so I wonder how long it is going to last but thus far it has been a fun read.
Unread 05-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Hall of Fame

Aren't comics in general on the decline? The big two are experiencing much more succes with the recent blockbusters on the big screen.
Unread 05-29-2018, 11:47 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Aren't comics in general on the decline? The big two are experiencing much more succes with the recent blockbusters on the big screen.
Without a doubt sales have been on a constant decline for years now.