Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPlus View Post
I love the addition if match aims impacting on the show if not used in the right away. I also agree if your product is set a certain way, some match notes shouldn't be usable. Like in the way that is described. What would be cool is a toggle feature for it. That flicks between all match notes and "recommended/appropriate" with that turned on by default.
I agree with the toggle feature for match aims inappropriate for the product. Sometimes its fun to have a death match at a kid friendly show held at a company Christmas party. Just like its fun to put two low stamina workers with very little ability in a 90 minute submission match. Or for another game example, summoning natural disasters to destroy your city in Sim City.

In a serious sense if you are like me and kinda sandbox it you might say I want a TLC match and if the fans are annoyed so be it. I'll book around it (example: not put it as the main event).

So a vote for toggles on "Hiding Product Inappropriate Match Aims".
Unread 10-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Low Minors

I wonder if Adam has like a 100 post special for his 2020 development thread planned. Like a big update on how development is coming along, or something of that ilk.
Unread 10-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
There’s essentially nothing there to simulate as it pertains to TEW.
It’s a little more angle heavy than the average fed and that’s literally all that would reflect in the booking.

The only way LU differered from most companies is its usage of pre-taped backstage segments and heavy editing as the show wasn’t a live show.
Greater emphasis on storyline continuity than normal(this could be reflected by making long running storylines worth more and loss of wrestlers being harder on fed momentum etc). Greater importance on storylines(fans were supposed to be more into the storylines than into the overness of the wrestlers than normal). Greater emphasis on gimmicks and characters. Wrestlers being less affect by wins and losses than normal because it's all part of the storyline...

Last edited by BuddyGarner : 10-11-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Unread 10-12-2019, 06:03 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufas2000 View Post
I agree with the toggle feature for match aims inappropriate for the product. Sometimes its fun to have a death match at a kid friendly show held at a company Christmas party. Just like its fun to put two low stamina workers with very little ability in a 90 minute submission match. Or for another game example, summoning natural disasters to destroy your city in Sim City.

In a serious sense if you are like me and kinda sandbox it you might say I want a TLC match and if the fans are annoyed so be it. I'll book around it (example: not put it as the main event).

So a vote for toggles on "Hiding Product Inappropriate Match Aims".

1000 times yes. I want the chance to do a death match in a pg product regardless of how bad it may end up being. Removing that ability is not fun or user friendly. Toggling on the other hand is. Besides, just because a thing doesn't fit a product it doesn't make it impossible to happen there. And dealing with the consequences is part of the fun.
Unread 10-12-2019, 10:52 AM
All Star

Sorry for the double post but:

Quote:
Rather than hide the match aims I've instead decided to leave them available, but you will get a warning from your road agent if you try and use one that would result in a penalty.
This is great news, well done Adam. I'd love to get some scoops on the CV, like a lot of us, but sadly you have decided not to post them. Still excited for all the possible changes, especially with the amount of content you are hinting at.
Unread 10-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Super Star

apologies if this has been asked before, but are real world mods going to be able to be transferred over to TEW 2020. For example, the mods I have downloaded for the current version of TEW, will they work for TEW 2020? Or would I be stuck playing the C-Verse until a real world mod does come out?
Unread 10-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Super Star

There will be a converter, but new features won't be accounted for when transferring over. In the past when converting over an older mod to a new game, the new features will take into account the old data and get a good approximate of how it should be set. But they still need tweaking.
Unread 10-14-2019, 08:35 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
1000 times yes. I want the chance to do a death match in a pg product regardless of how bad it may end up being. Removing that ability is not fun or user friendly. Toggling on the other hand is. Besides, just because a thing doesn't fit a product it doesn't make it impossible to happen there. And dealing with the consequences is part of the fun.
It would be cool if there was a very rare chance that such segment could Avoid a penalty for its rarity.
Unread 10-14-2019, 08:57 PM

I know I've asked this question before. But what's happening with the picture limit for workers? As in you can only have 32,000 pics in a single folder for the game to work?
Unread 10-15-2019, 03:40 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SythusHD View Post
I know I've asked this question before. But what's happening with the picture limit for workers? As in you can only have 32,000 pics in a single folder for the game to work?
Nothing. That's a Microsoft limit, there's nothing I can do about it.
Unread 10-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Low Minors

Is there any chance a “database-less” version of the game could be released earlier? I love playing organic and real world mods and tinkering around with my own creations but have never gotten accustomed to the Cornellverse. If the game functions well I don’t think a lot of people would mind.
Unread 10-15-2019, 09:34 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Is there any chance a “database-less” version of the game could be released earlier? I love playing organic and real world mods and tinkering around with my own creations but have never gotten accustomed to the Cornellverse. If the game functions well I don’t think a lot of people would mind.
No; the writing of the default data has no bearing on when the game itself is ready.
Unread 10-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
No; the writing of the default data has no bearing on when the game itself is ready.
But how can that be? Surely writing the default data is time and energy spent away from coding the game?
Unread 10-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
But how can that be? Surely writing the default data is time and energy spent away from coding the game?
Putting together the Cornellverse also helps to find a LOT of little things in the editor, find new ways to do little things that people want and gives everyone on the testing team more time to test too. It's a process that takes a long time to go over everything with a team who understands the game and are able to test out all the systems in different ways.

It's all a part of testing, while also creating one of the main selling points of the game, which all other mods should also pay attention to.... how to put together a mod that works with the game engine. It's also a part of the testing stage that I love, as I get to work with my CV97 database to put the editor through it's paces and in ways that Adam might not, leading to yet more testing and fixes.

Without this step, the game would be nowhere near complete so there's no way any kind of empty game could be released ahead of time. The game just wouldn't be finished and the product overall would suffer as a result.
Unread 10-15-2019, 01:21 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
I do the database when the game is in testing, so the majority of the coding is already done by then. Whether I wrote the database or not is going to have no bearing on how long testing takes because the database work will be finished well before we'll have had time to finish testing.