Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Low Minors

I don't think this should go underappreciated. I am so excited about the attribute function. It's easily the thing I'm most looking forward to having in the game. All of the variation it will give characters & their strengths & weaknesses will be so massive. Instead of it just being, "This guy has high star quality, potential, & he's someone you wanna push to the moon." Now it relies on many other factors if the mod is well made. It will add so much to deciding if you want to use someone. like "Explosive Ring Style: The worker's extremely explosive in-ring style means that they get a bonus when allowed to dominate a match but a penalty in bouts that are slowly built, go over 10 minutes, or are aimed at working or calming the crowd." That right there keeps Goldburg from being overpushed like I'm sure he is in most mods where people play WCW. There are a ton more examples but the fact it can really change how the whole game is played, makes it feel like each worker is even more unique.
Unread 10-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Super Star

I'm just worried that it's gonna take ages to create a worker when doing a database. But since Adam himself does the default database, I have faith that he'd notice if this feature was an unnecessary, huge added workload.
Unread 10-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
I'm just worried that it's gonna take ages to create a worker when doing a database. But since Adam himself does the default database, I have faith that he'd notice if this feature was an unnecessary, huge added workload.
I think with personalities changing it'll be not too different, hopefully it'll be easier but we'll see what happens.
Unread 10-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DissidentBones View Post
When you apply to be the owner of a company, with a pre-established booker, upon being accepted you override the previous booker, it'd be nice to just be the owner of a company with a booker doing the booking, and you managing the non-booking related aspects.
Idk if this is the place for suggestions or if Adam is even taking them, but i'd love this as well. Just add who you'd like the booker to try and push(like a list of 3-5 wrestlers).
Unread 10-23-2019, 08:45 PM
Super Star

Looking forward to attributes. It will make the game so much deeper and more modern. Most sports games have attributes like this and I'm glad Adam is doing the same. It should make the wrestlers seem more like real people instead of just numbers.
Unread 10-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Itís been in the WMMA series and itís actually quite easy if you know what youíre looking for to start. A lot easier than tinkering with attribute or personality sliders.
Unread 10-24-2019, 09:27 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
Itís been in the WMMA series and itís actually quite easy if you know what youíre looking for to start. A lot easier than tinkering with attribute or personality sliders.
I agree. I think it's going to save a lot of time -- because you also don't have to pick every attribute. You pick two or three that you know they need and then they will develop others throughout.
Unread 10-24-2019, 09:29 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedRKO16 View Post
Idk if this is the place for suggestions or if Adam is even taking them, but i'd love this as well. Just add who you'd like the booker to try and push(like a list of 3-5 wrestlers).
I highly doubt this is going to make it into the TE game. Autobooker is probably about as far as it goes. The game is designed to be a wrestling booking simulator.
Unread 10-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I highly doubt this is going to make it into the TE game. Autobooker is probably about as far as it goes. The game is designed to be a wrestling booking simulator.
If you’re going to have a owner mode and a booker mode and the only difference is owner goals and becoming fired (two things that should be under player preference settings) I see nothing wrong with the suggestion and it would be a new way to enjoy the game and get more replay value.

Owner mode should be a mode where you hire the head booker.
Unread 10-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Low Minors

IMO, I never could get into WMMA games. I'd bought WMMA 3, 4 & I actually bought WMMA 5 twice. I felt it was too slow for me. It was a great game but I always didn't like the waiting. It was jam packed with stuff that I really liked though. The reality shows & the stuff with being able to see the entire history from companies shows was so cool to me. I wish TEW had that kind of stuff, but I could see having the full history of WCW, WWF, NJPW, AJPW & all of the other history could potentially bog the game loading down a ton. Maybe that won't slow the game down, i'm just assuming it would.
Unread 10-24-2019, 10:22 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
If youíre going to have a owner mode and a booker mode and the only difference is owner goals and becoming fired (two things that should be under player preference settings) I see nothing wrong with the suggestion and it would be a new way to enjoy the game and get more replay value.

Owner mode should be a mode where you hire the head booker.
I didn't say I saw anything wrong with the suggestion, I said I don't see it likely as being a suggestion that makes it into the game. In the example you mentioned as being the difference between playing as the owner and booker -- you're right. But they both still require you to book (or to autobook) because at its core the game is a simulator of being a wrestling booker/matchmaker.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with an owner mode and hiring a head booker and getting to see how they do and evaluate their performance and change bookers when you think it is not working. I just don't think it is a likely option. Perhaps my response was too short initally.
Unread 10-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Low Minors

Is there going to be a YouTube equivalent broadcaster this time around? MLW and NWA have shown it to be a viable platform for wrestling so it would be cool to see it added in like subscription services were in 2016. It's free to air, but pretty different.

Of course, I understand it would be hard to implement. There's no barrier of entry, so there would be virtually no requirements to get on. No minimum size or production values at all. And the viewership could be either 10 people or millions. Maybe have the trade-off be that you really don't make any money from advertisers or the network when on YouTube?

How do real world modders handle MLW broadcasting in 2016?
Unread 10-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by codey_v2 View Post
Is there going to be a YouTube equivalent broadcaster this time around? MLW and NWA have shown it to be a viable platform for wrestling so it would be cool to see it added in like subscription services were in 2016. It's free to air, but pretty different.

Of course, I understand it would be hard to implement. There's no barrier of entry, so there would be virtually no requirements to get on. No minimum size or production values at all. And the viewership could be either 10 people or millions. Maybe have the trade-off be that you really don't make any money from advertisers or the network when on YouTube?
I would say that it counts as "On Demand Only" brodcaster. Basically...You can set an air time for your show, but the show's viewers can increase steadily until the next show
Unread 10-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by codey_v2 View Post

How do real world modders handle MLW broadcasting in 2016?
From the Dev. Journal:

Quote:
The types of broadcasters have been expanded; there are still Pay-Per-View, Commercial, Free-To-Air, and Subscription, but each of those now has three versions, Terrestrial, Cable, and Internet. So that makes twelve in total. (I'm not sure there's actually such a thing as Terrestrial PPV in reality, but it would actually be more work to take it out, so I've left it in - it might be useful to someone somewhere down the line.)
Unread 10-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Low Minors

Cool, thanks!