Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-08-2019, 02:34 AM
Banned

Default Drmatically inctease Show Quality thresholds for Broadcasters

This one is just a flat numeric change so should be so simple its possible even after suggestions closed.

Currently I think one of the big issues with TEW economy is that companies, especially at Cult level can just coast on distribution deals.

So an example, PGHW will somehow sustain its economy at National, at over 600.000 dollars a month on J-Remote 1, a broadcaster that's really intended for new Cult companies. The amount o money that you can sustain on this should be decreased 1, and too, a company that large should at least have to be getting mid 70s to maintain their deals.

Realistically, and I'm not sure if this is covered in the new changes, but the more popular a company is, the higher it should be able to negotiate for and thus the higher expectations.

This will make competing for workers more valuable long term.
Unread 09-09-2019, 09:01 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
This one is just a flat numeric change so should be so simple its possible even after suggestions closed.

Currently I think one of the big issues with TEW economy is that companies, especially at Cult level can just coast on distribution deals.

So an example, PGHW will somehow sustain its economy at National, at over 600.000 dollars a month on J-Remote 1, a broadcaster that's really intended for new Cult companies. The amount o money that you can sustain on this should be decreased 1, and too, a company that large should at least have to be getting mid 70s to maintain their deals.

Realistically, and I'm not sure if this is covered in the new changes, but the more popular a company is, the higher it should be able to negotiate for and thus the higher expectations.

This will make competing for workers more valuable long term.
There already is a minimum quality for networks based off of timeslots. Are you wanting to increase the difficulty in the show quality to maintain the show? If so, I would really disagree. Nitro was awful for years before it left TNT and that was only because it got sold off because they didn't want to be in the wrestling business anymore. Impact as TNA would have never really produced the kind of show grades necessary to stay viable on their prime time slot on Spike already.

I'm all for finding ways to make the economics more balanced -- which I think Adam has been working on pretty heavily, but I'm not in favor of making it harder for companies to stay on television networks -- as Adam's already redone the broadcasters to have different levels of patience and requirements.
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Banned

Impact also lost their TV deal for that matter.
Unread 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
There already is a minimum quality for networks based off of timeslots. Are you wanting to increase the difficulty in the show quality to maintain the show? If so, I would really disagree. Nitro was awful for years before it left TNT and that was only because it got sold off because they didn't want to be in the wrestling business anymore. Impact as TNA would have never really produced the kind of show grades necessary to stay viable on their prime time slot on Spike already.

I'm all for finding ways to make the economics more balanced -- which I think Adam has been working on pretty heavily, but I'm not in favor of making it harder for companies to stay on television networks -- as Adam's already redone the broadcasters to have different levels of patience and requirements.
Nitro would benefit by being owned by the network so they get naturally relaxed expectations (which I think can be as low as the E or F level in game currently.
Unread 09-11-2019, 11:05 AM
All Star

Is this not already in the game but mod dependant?
You can edit your broadcasters and their requirements already which would achieve this, I expect that will still be the case in tew20.
Unread 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
Nitro would benefit by being owned by the network so they get naturally relaxed expectations (which I think can be as low as the E or F level in game currently.
I know it would, but that's also why I provided the TNA example and the years they were able to stay on Impact in a primetime slot despite not producing shows that would have, by TEW quality, allowed them to stay.