Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Grey Dog Software General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Default Boxing game?

Any plans for making a boxing game? I mean, I totally get that you guys aren't into the sport as much as you are with pro wrestling and MMA but I think you could probably put together a pretty great boxing sim using the engine for the latter. I'd say I could get involved but I have no idea what languages y'all use and I'm not sure you could afford me besides.
Unread 01-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Minor League

I would definitely buy a boxing sim!! Especially the caliber GDS games put out.
Unread 01-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Minor League

We should all contribute some way, get a Kickstarter going. jk I am just so supportive of this idea. There are not many boxing sims out there and the games that do exist are not very good. World boxing manager on steam is brutal.
Unread 01-13-2018, 01:38 AM

Try Title Bout Boxing it is absolutely great.
Unread 01-13-2018, 02:40 AM

I have played it a lot. I even wrote a mod for it several years ago. 2013 is buggy as crap and 2 isn't supported. I guess they're in beta for 3 now so that's good.
Unread 01-13-2018, 02:51 AM
GDS Developer

I can't speak for whether GDS would ever do a boxing game in the future, but there definitely wouldn't be one from me / using a modified WMMA engine simply because I have no interest in the sport. I'm sure the company would be pleased to hear from quality developers who might want to explore that option though as it likely would be a popular addition.
Unread 01-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Low Minors

its not quite the same, but would be interesting if someone/ some guys put together a boxing mod for wmma
Unread 01-15-2018, 08:46 PM

I have been waiting for a proper boxing sim for years. Title Bout doesn't really appeal to me in its current form, so I'm hoping for either an evolution of that title or something new altogether.

I have occasionally considered taking the project on myself, but sadly I don't think I have enough free time at the moment to create something worthwhile.
Unread 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWarriorNation View Post
I have been waiting for a proper boxing sim for years. Title Bout doesn't really appeal to me in its current form, so I'm hoping for either an evolution of that title or something new altogether.

I have occasionally considered taking the project on myself, but sadly I don't think I have enough free time at the moment to create something worthwhile.
I agree, Title Bout is missing a career and dynamic evolving world. It's a great foundation, but it's nowhere near what I want.
Unread 01-17-2018, 02:27 AM
Minor League

Make of this what you will - a play through on the new career mode in TBCB
http://www.pisd.co.uk/forums/viewtop...p=48578#p48578

Slightly underwhelmed as it looks very basic, although tbf the kid didn’t really allow you to see any of the mechanics.

But looks like something will be coming out soon

Last edited by AlexB : 01-17-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Make of this what you will - a play through by a kid on the new career mode in TBCB

Slightly underwhelmed as it looks very basic, although tbf the kid didnít really allow you to see any of the mechanics.

Finally something. Didn't think any real update was ever going to happen because it has been so long. Still not convinced until we can play it.

The game we have played for years is pretty solid but like everybody else says, it is the career mode that has been missing. Never really feels like there is a real direction in the game unless you have the imagination and the time to put into it. All becomes a bit too much.
Unread 01-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Rookie

Even if it's close to being complete, competiton brings the best out of developers. I would still like to see an option #2. There are numberous American Football simulators and they all still remain sub-par.
Unread 01-18-2018, 04:47 AM
Phenom

theres never been a better boxing manager sim than Golaith Games World Championship Boxing Manager back in the 90s on the C64 and amiga

shame there isn't something like this in the modern world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vKx3VIjfv4
Unread 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Make of this what you will - a play through on the new career mode in TBCB

Slightly underwhelmed as it looks very basic, although tbf the kid didnít really allow you to see any of the mechanics.

Frankly, basic is OK with me if it's not buggy as crap the way TBCB2013 is.
Unread 01-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Phenom

I would love a boxing sim in the same vein as WMMA. There's nothing in sight for a big publisher like EA or 2K, so I feel like it's a void desperate to be filled.

Boxing is really on the upswing, so I expect there to be a large market for boxing simulators in the near future. I think we're in a true Renaissance period for the sport, with as much talent as the sport has ever seen and a genuine interest by promoters to grow boxing rather than bleed it dry. It's exciting.